PDA

View Full Version : Rides for babies!

Tinkerbell_Beauty
06-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Good Morning Everyone!

I would like to start off by saying what an awesome site this is! I absolutely love it!:thumbsup:

We (my husband, my daughter, my brother in-law, Kyle, his wife, Michele, their family Christian, Caleb, Cody and Caitlin, my brother in-law, Devin, his wife Dawn, their family Jessi, Austin aand Taylor, and my mother in-law Sharon) are all going to Walt Disney World Nov. 20th - 27th. It will be my first time going and I am so excited! :blush: I do have a question, though. My daughter, Kyleigh, is going to be 10 months old when we go to Disney. What rides will she be able to go on? If you have young children which rides did they like or dislike? We will be taking her stroller. I would love any advice =). Thanks in advance!:mickey:

DisneyFreak23
06-14-2007, 11:24 AM
I am not quite sure of the extent of the rides your DD will be able to go onbut Have a great Trip!

tyandskyesmom
06-14-2007, 11:26 AM
Anything without a height restriction that you fell comfortable holding her on. This is a great (and much easier than you may think) age to take her at because she will enjoy it in it's purest form...just for being with you having fun!

disneydeb
06-14-2007, 11:27 AM
First of all- Welcome to Intercot!

I don't have much experience with babies at DW but I'm sure someone will come along shortly to help you!

Have a great trip!:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
06-14-2007, 11:49 AM
Howdy, and Welcome to Intercot!

As for your question, like tyandskyesmom said, any ride without a height restriction (including Haunted Mansion, POTC, Spaceship Earth, everything in Fantasyland) is okay. The only problem is you will have to either leave your stroller with someone, or leave it in the stroller farms nearby....and not everyone is honest. The best way to prevent any major problems is to rent a stroller, and take all your possessions on each ride with you. That way, if someone steals your stroller, you haven't lost anything, and Disney will give you a replacement.

Now, as for rides that DO have height restrictions....make sure you do your research on Baby Swapping...where you can walk through the queue with another adult and your child...then, when you get to the ride, one person gets on, and the other waits with the child. Then, at the end of the ride, the adults swap places. This is NOT advertised anywhere, but it IS Disney Policy...just ask any of the Ride CMs (usually the ones measuring height at the entrance of the ride).

HAVE FUN!

scottgr
06-14-2007, 12:01 PM
FIRST of ALL

:welcome:

I went the WDW last year with my DD (Disney daughter). She was about 1 1/2 and the time. A Little older then yours. She loved a bunch of the rides such a IASW (Its a small world), Dumbo, Winn the Pooh ride and Cinderellas Carousel. There are bunch others that I cant think of at the time. We did not go on Snow White's Adventures. It has a few scary parts. She seemed she enjoyed any rides with lots of music and color.She had an incredible time. She also loved all the characters. Make sure you do some of the character meals at the different parks/hotels. We got some great pictures at the Winn the Pooh breakfast to the CP (Crystal Palace). Hope this helps and have a great time. :mickey:

KAJUNKING
06-14-2007, 12:32 PM
first of all :welcome: to intercot!

and dont worry too much there are a lot of things you will be able to do with you dd, and as stated above always ask the cm about baby swap it works great, good luck and have fun!

Doug The Disney Man`
06-14-2007, 01:06 PM
Welcome, welcome, welcome!

I found this site about two years ago and recently joined and it is THE BEST Disney site out there!

I agree with many of the posters above me. Fantasyland is your Friend! Almost everything there will be great fun with your little one. And if she doesn't scare easily, that opens the door wide for stuff like Pirates, Snow White and Universe of Energy (at Epcot). Lots of great shows at MGM, too especially Playhouse Disney, if she watches it, she will go nuts there! Baby swap will help out, but it looks like you have a large group going, so you may be able to coordinate things so, for example, some of your party does the Little Mermaid show with the baby, while the rest of you get scared silly on Tower of Terror! Then you can switch.

Absolutely do a character meal with her, I suggest Garden Grill at The Land in Epcot (Chip, Dale, Mickey and Pluto) or Crystal Palace at MK (Pooh, Tigger, Piglet, Eeyore).

And as far as the stroller, most rides have stroller parking right out front or nearby. Obviously don't leave anything too valuable, but we've never had any problems. Have fun!

pshokie
06-14-2007, 01:42 PM
Just took trip in May with a 10 mo. Let's see, where to begin.....

First off, I will gear this towards only the 10 mo. The other kids obviously add more options.

Hands down, our DS's most favorite attaction was Playhouse Disney Live! at MGM. He was bouncing and laughing and clapping....boy-o-boy did he love that show. This show has Bear in the Big Blue House, Stanley, JoJo's Circus, and Winnie the Pooh. Hands down the best attraction for him all week. Especialy since everyone has to sit on the floor (no seats) so there is room to wiggle!:thumbsup:

MK:
- Of course, IASW. We rode that 5 times, but that was more at the request, no begging, no ultimatums of our DD (4) ;).
- There is a "play area" between Mickey's house and Donald's Boat in Toontown. While there are some 4 - 6 year old playing in there, you can find a nice corner where Kyliegh can crawl and stretch her legs.
- Cinderella's Carousel was a hit.
- Philharagic. Just be prepared to ditch the glasses. Also the "extras", like water sprays may freak her out (did our DS. He was not happy, but he still made it through the show without much trouble).
-Pooh does have some "bumps" in it, especially in the Tigger portion. And the Heffalumps and Woozles part is old style (spookier). So if she does not like movement or darkness, this is one that could be hit or miss. Our DS was not upset, but not thrilled either.
- May get pounded for this one, but do not go to Pooh's Thoughtful Spot. It is a big play area where older kids can have fun, but it is not for infants. The flooring is made out of shredded rubber in order to look like mulch. We pulled 3 pieces of mulch out of our DS mouth in about 5 minutes. We decided that was enough.
- Jungle Cruise. Oddly enough, he loved it! We sheilded the headhunters and such from DS, and the jokes went right over his head. So he liked the ride for the elephants, lions, hippos etc.

EP
- Turtle Talk With Crush was a hit
- As was the Acquarium
- As was Corral Reef
- Nemo was good, excpt for one part. They have a scene with the Deep Sea "Light Fish". The scary one. You know, the "I feel....gooood. Uh...good feeling gone" fish. Did not like that. But you can prep for it.
- Moslty we just walked the lands and took in sights, which he liked.

MGM
- The aforemented Playhouse Disney
- Voyage of the little mermaid scared the bageeses out of him. Did not like the loud noises, the effects, and especially the water spray.
- Muppets 3-D. This one he liked, but again with the water spray! And again, be prepared to ditch the glasses.

AK
- This park just did not do it for us. Rather than start a war, I will defer to others who had better experiences here. I know they are out there.

And above all else, character meals. DS L-O-V-E-D Crystal Palace. And boy did he charm the Princesses. :cool: Sad part, Goofy was "way too big" and scared him, and saddest of all......so did Mickey. :(

Last little bit, one thing that made our trip easier was being over-informed so we could change plans at a moments notice based on how DD & DS felt. In order to be "over-informed " I strongly recommend that you "youtube" all of the rides you would like to take Kyliegh on. It may slightly dull the magic for you, but it could eliminate screams and tears later on from a ride/attraction being "too much". For refernce youtube Haunted Mansion and you will see what I mean.

Have a great trip!!!

Tinkerbell_Beauty
06-14-2007, 04:55 PM
Thanks for the help everyone!:mickey:

r4kids
06-14-2007, 05:19 PM
There are really only about 10-15 things I don't think she can ride. We have been taking our kids since they were 6 months old. We have always found that leaving our stroller is fine. We even leave non essentials in the stroller and no one has ever touched them. I would recommend bring your stroller because the rentals are NOT comfortable for a baby. Like the previous poster said look on "youtube" and read ride discriptions. She can also go into all the shows in all 4 parks, they are great! Animal Kingdom is a fun park with a baby too because of all the animals.Have a great time!!

Narawen
06-14-2007, 06:03 PM
Technically, I believe little ones are allowed on any rides with no height restriction, but there are some rides I wouldn't take them on anyway. Be careful with dark rides and movies, they may get scared. I wouldn't reccomend Pirates, Peter Pan, HM, etc.

Little kids really like It's a small world, many adventure of Winnie the pooh, Jungle cruise, TTA, El Rio del Tiempo in Mexico at Epcot, the Little MErmaid show at MGM, some like the great movie ride but it can be loud and scary, Kilimanjaro safrais (though it has a height restriction I think...)