PDA

View Full Version : Uploading Disney Music

Disney_Barbie
06-14-2007, 11:07 AM
(don't know if this is the right place to post, please feel free to move it if it's not)
Ok, I have just now entered the 21 century (yay me!) I have broke down and purchased and MP3. Now that I've taken the plundge, I'd like to use my new toy to feed my disney obsession. I had all sorts of DIsney CDs, but I confess I've always been a little jealous of those MP3 owning Disney fans cause they seem to have found much cooler stuff than they make on CDs. Any sugestions as to where I can find some disney sounds, I want anything, rides, parades, music from the different lands, I WANT IT ALL! Thanks!

BrerSchultzy
06-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Head on over to Google, and type in Mouse Bits.

You'll need to spend a little bit of time learning about torrents and what not, but they have EVERYTHING you could possibly desire...and they're good, ethical folks who stay within the rules. Very cool.

DizneyRox
06-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Correct... There is a wealth of "stuff" available, but you need to work for it. It's not as easy as iTunes, but the selection available surpasses pretty much everywhere else I know of.

lbfire
06-14-2007, 12:40 PM
can you go from torrent to mp3 files and if so how

DizneyRox
06-14-2007, 04:30 PM
Torrent files are not MP3 files, they are directions to the files contained within the torrent.

You need a torrent program that will read the torrent file which will allow it to obtain the files (MP3, AVI, MP4, etc) that you really want.

Google BitTorrent for directions on how the technology works. It will probably point to many of the BitTorrent clients that you can use as well. Like I said, it's not necessarily easy, but so worth it. At least in my opinion.

TikiGoddess
06-15-2007, 07:13 AM
Now that you have an mp3 player, this opens the world of Disney podcasting to you! If you're using i-tunes, look for the podcasts and type in Disney. You'll get a ton of shows talking Disney stuff. My favorites are "Inside the Magic" (this guy has some great ride audio on his website), "WDW Today", and "WDW Radio". There's another called "Disney Memories" or something similar with some good ride/show audio.

I'm sure you know that you can upload your Disney cd's to your computer and put them on your mp3 player...

In this case, Google is your friend. If you're looking for ride audio, try Googling the ride and see what pages come up!

TikiG

threeh
06-15-2007, 03:41 PM
I love mouse bits, I'm listening to some of the things I got from them right now. I even got a speaker for my ipod so I can listen in the kitchen while making dinner!!
Also as stated check, out the Disney pod casts. There are some really good ones!!
Some of them will play Disney music as well.

enjoy your mp3 player!!!:thumbsup:

magicofdisney
06-18-2007, 11:18 AM
I've just spent the last few days working on this. As soon as I read the last post by DizneyRox, I began investigating. I'm amazed! This stuff is so great. I can't believe how much source material you can get! MouseBits is wonderful. It took a little while to understand the technology, but I think I've got at least the basics down. I'm a little surprised Disney allows some of this, but I'm glad they do. What a wonderful treat to have when you can't be in the parks. :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-18-2007, 01:11 PM
Mousebits is in no way affiliated by or endorsed by the Disney company. Just wanted to make that clear. Much of what is there is fan created material.