PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Palace for dinner??

r4kids
06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
We are eating in Crystal Palace at 5:20pm. Spectromagic starts at 8pm. I have a couple questions:
1) How long (average) will it take to eat dinner there? (we don't rush but we aren't slow)

2) Can 1 of us go out and set up a blanket if it gets close?

I know many don't like setting up for parades with no one there (don't need any of those comments). We are traveling with family that has never been and they have a 3 and 1 year old. I am hoping we should be done in about an 1 1/2 and out by 7pm. That way we can take turns sitting and shopping.

MMouse6937
06-14-2007, 10:26 AM
I don't think it should take you any longer than an hour or so to eat even if your party eats slowly. I don't think there is a problem with someone going out and saving a place for the parade as long as you don't have like a dozen people or whatever. If most of you are there before the parade and a few people stay and a few go get a drink or shop, I don't think that's a big deal. I think it's the people who show up ten minutes before the parade and push themselves into a spot in front that bother's people. I think you should be fine. Have a great trip! :thumbsup:

Strmchsr
06-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Since Crystal Palace is a buffet, hence you don't have to wait for your food to be cooked, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

r4kids
06-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Since Crystal Palace is a buffet, hence you don't have to wait for your food to be cooked, you shouldn't have any problems at all.

Oh uh right , good point. I guess my brain is a little slow today.:confused:

Goes4FastPass
06-14-2007, 06:04 PM
You'll have way plenty of time to finish at CP before SpectroMagic - and the parade route is super close by. Also, you'll be in a good place to watch 'Wishes' after SpectroMagic.

I confess I've never seen a blanket along the parade route in the MK.

katzctkpt
06-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Never done dinner we are trying breakfast this yr. Hope it's good

r4kids
06-15-2007, 01:11 PM
You'll have way plenty of time to finish at CP before SpectroMagic - and the parade route is super close by. Also, you'll be in a good place to watch 'Wishes' after SpectroMagic.

I confess I've never seen a blanket along the parade route in the MK.

At the risk of sounding like a princess:princess: I really don't want to get dirty by sitting on the ground so we bring a blanket to sit on for the parades and shows.:thumbsup:

r4kids
06-15-2007, 01:13 PM
Never done dinner we are trying breakfast this yr. Hope it's good

We did the breakfast last year and it was very good. Enjoy, we have never done dinner here:wave:

nicole48040
06-25-2007, 12:02 AM
Take your time, walk up the parade route, and eventually you will find a spot and if you don't ....make one. Some of the crazed "me first" parade watchers, tapers, etc. take up WAYYYYYYY to much space and need to make way. There is NOOOOOO reason to start claiming territory an hour before a parade. With their greediness I feel they get what they deserve.:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-25-2007, 12:18 AM
We've done dinner at CP, and with a 5:20 dinner ADR, you will have plenty of time for a leisurely dinner and visiting with Pooh and friends, and then be able to find a nice spot for watching Spectro. I'd suggest someplace in Frontierland. Admittedly we left CP right as Spectro started and were able to scurry over to the area right across from Sleepy Hollow and next to the Christmas shop... it wasn't the best area for viewing, particulary if you're trying to show the "best of" WDW to your friends. I see no problem with some of your party staking out a nice place to view the parade while the others go and ride the attractions and/or shop. We've done it many a time.