PDA

View Full Version : ticket ?

disneygirlie11
06-14-2007, 09:56 AM
Okay I have a big problem! My b/f and I have comp tickets b/c our trip last year was not so great to say the least. They are 5 day park hoppers w/ water park and more. We are going to be there 7 days and I can't add days to the tickets. Is there anything I can do besides pay well over $200 for two extra days?!? I'm stressing out about this horribly!! Help please!!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-14-2007, 10:40 AM
You didn't state when you were going to be there, but if they are having any "hard ticket" special events, you could always get tickets to those for 1 of the days/nights. Most of the time you can get in early. So you could spend the day at the water park and head to the special event around 5pm.
Or you could just make a day of the water parks and head to DTD/Pleasure Island that evening.
Maybe someone else will have another alternate suggestion. Especially since mine still involves spending more money for MVMCP or the Halloween party or Pirates & Princess party.

Rayadragon
06-14-2007, 10:48 AM
I'm from a family who's trips were normally for one week, with 3 days in the parks. I personally think you'd be fine just taking a day or two to relax, go to DTD, go resort hopping, etc. If you have a car you could check out Orlando itself.

DizneyRox
06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Comp tickets have no value and are therefore non upgradable as well. If you want more park days, you're going to need to buy more tickets.

If it were me, I'd pocket those tickets, but new tickets for your stay and maybe use those for a future trip that better fits. You want to maximize those tickets buy completely using them since you can't add non expiration to them.

disneygirlie11
06-14-2007, 01:17 PM
The comp tickets that we recieved are do have the non expiration option, but that wouldn't be an issue as we would use all the days. I can't exactly just buy a whole weeks worth of new tickets, that would be costing me quite a bit more. The only reason we are going this year is b/c of the free tickets (the b/f wanted to go to Vegas!:secret:). If I did the MVMCP do I have have regular admission tickets too? I'm going with a first timer, so we are going to need all those days so he doesnt feel rushed.

Jared
06-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Use the water park options and spend five days in the major theme parks. If you can't spend extra money on the two more theme park days, utilize what you have on the comp passes.

Goes4FastPass
06-14-2007, 04:53 PM
Use the free 5 park days and fill in the other 2 days using the free ...and more visits.

It's hard for me to see the big problem in having 7 days to use 5 hopping park days and 2 or more WPandM visits.

RescueRanger23
06-14-2007, 05:23 PM
If you're going with a first timer I'd definitely go to a water park and hop around hotels and DTD. He's bound to find something that'll make him really want to come back:thumbsup:

Catzle
06-14-2007, 05:43 PM
When we go to the water parks by time we get back to the room we are exhausted. We usually take showers and have dinner and just relax. I would suggest doing that with your extra days, just going to the water parks and not a park that day. I'm not sure how many water days you have but if you have 5 day parks one day water than you have one day where you could maybe go to downtown disney or relax around the pool. Sounds like a great trip!

mainemajor
06-14-2007, 08:48 PM
The key to your problem is the water parks plus part. Use them. Enjoy them. The biggest stress people have at disney is the rush, rush, rush of it all. Spend a day at downtown disney, visit other resorts, Just strolling around downtown disney or along the boardwalk is so relaxing and that should be why you go to disney. Relax and enjoy yourself. I know I would.:tigger:

tinksmom02
06-14-2007, 09:03 PM
I think you'll be OK w/ 5days of tickets for a 7 day trip, especially with the Water parks and more option.

You asked about the MNSSHP, MVMCP, etc. You do not need a regular daily admission ticket, just the hard ticket that you purchase seperately. I think they start letting people into the parks for the parties around 4:30? And that might be a nice treat for both of you to see the park during a holiday event like that. I do know that the tickets are cheaper if you purchase them in advance, rather than at the gate.

Someone should be along to provide more info, I'm sure!

HAve fun!!!

CleveRocks
06-14-2007, 10:05 PM
Okay I have a big problem! My b/f and I have comp tickets b/c our trip last year was not so great to say the least. They are 5 day park hoppers w/ water park and more. We are going to be there 7 days and I can't add days to the tickets. Is there anything I can do besides pay well over $200 for two extra days?!? I'm stressing out about this horribly!! Help please!!

I know you didn't get the answer you hoped for, but you got VERY good answers/advice here!:thumbsup:

Catwillow
06-15-2007, 12:17 AM
If you are going during the Holidays you will definitely want to take in all the decorations at the major resorts. There are Christmas Trees, and Gingerbread Houses, Decorations, Activities, and so much more that you could spend 1 day along going to check them all out and probably not see everything. There are also decorations and activities going on in Downtown Disney. Also, from what I understand some great miniture golf opportunities (haven't tried them out myself yet). I think your ticket options will work quite well for you .... just plan accordingly. You don't HAVE to spend every minute in one of the parks do you???

Kathleen