PDA

View Full Version : Snacks on DDP

avantgardeinker
06-14-2007, 09:35 AM
I know that snacks under $4 are generally what's available with DDP. Just wondering what snacks you've run into that you could not get on the DDP. Give me some examples.

175 more days!!
:mickey:

Figment!
06-14-2007, 10:55 AM
From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
See INTERCOT Snack Items Exclusion Listing (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showpost.php?p=1153469&postcount=8)for an Unofficial Listing of Disney Dining Plan Snack Item Exclusions.

TheDuckRocks
06-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Jason, I'm jumping in here to ask this...are all the items that are listed here on Intercot plainly marked on the price boards or do you have to ask at each location?
Thank you in advance for helping a grandma who does not what to tell my grandkids that something is available and is not.

Figment!
06-14-2007, 12:23 PM
Jason, I'm jumping in here to ask this...are all the items that are listed here on Intercot plainly marked on the price boards or do you have to ask at each location?Most are marked, but there may be some one would still have to inquire about.

Some of the World Showcase locations had been slow with labeling their menus; however, I believe most have by now.

BrerStitch
06-14-2007, 01:36 PM
I know that your question was what was not included, but I wanted to tell you about one of our favorite snacks that IS included and might be a great treat for your grandkids!

Go to Goofy's Candy Kitchen in Downtown Disney. There, for a snack credit, you can choose to create your own dessert. I choose a huge Oreo Cookie that was rolled in caramel, chocolate chips etc., all by my choice. You can also choose pretzel rods, cookies, marshmallows etc. The only thing that wasn't included was an apple.

This was an awesome treat and left us enough to enjoy on a second night.

avantgardeinker
06-14-2007, 02:57 PM
I know that your question was what was not included, but I wanted to tell you about one of our favorite snacks that IS included and might be a great treat for your grandkids!

Go to Goofy's Candy Kitchen in Downtown Disney. There, for a snack credit, you can choose to create your own dessert. I choose a huge Oreo Cookie that was rolled in caramel, chocolate chips etc., all by my choice. You can also choose pretzel rods, cookies, marshmallows etc. The only thing that wasn't included was an apple.

This was an awesome treat and left us enough to enjoy on a second night.

Thanks for posting this. I saw on the intercot list that some of the other create your own snacks were available, but didn't see the oreos on the list. I LOVE the oreos and can't wait to go in Dec. to have one!!! Last time I got the Peanut Butter filled oreo dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with milk chocolate. It was sooooo good!!!

175 more days!
:mickey:

septembergirl
06-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Last time I got the Peanut Butter filled oreo dipped in white chocolate and drizzled with milk chocolate. It was sooooo good!!!

Stop it. You're killin' me.

septembergirl
06-14-2007, 06:33 PM
How about a homemade ice cream cookie sandwich at Main Street Bakery? I hear they make it fresh and you can pick whatever cookie you want, etc. Anyone ever had this? I am dying to try it.

Mickey91
06-14-2007, 11:49 PM
I was unable to get the fruit and yogurt cup at WL with a snack credit in Dec. It was under the $4 mark. I'm not sure why it wasn't included. I recommend trying one if you like yogurt, strawberries and raspberries. YUM!

Hammer
06-15-2007, 12:09 AM
How about a homemade ice cream cookie sandwich at Main Street Bakery? I hear they make it fresh and you can pick whatever cookie you want, etc. Anyone ever had this? I am dying to try it.

My sister and I split one on every trip at the end of evening EMH in the Magic Kingdom. We absolutely love them! They are huge and can easily be split between 2 people. I find it is a very good use of a snack credit :tasty: !

TheDuckRocks
06-15-2007, 11:01 AM
Thank you all for your suggestions. Wow, I think the grandkids will love having a treat custom made.

MsMin
06-15-2007, 11:16 AM
We used a lot of ours for breakfast. The great pastries filled w/ fruit and filling yum... I do find that the symbols are not the easiest to read on the boards but the selection is great. I know that there are some TS places that let you substitute desert for coffee or a smoothie. Many times they (esp. the resorts and food courts) have some flexibility if it's w/i the price range. I just advise my kids to use it for the better value. My dd was spending her snack credits on water and we had bottled water in the room and then paying for her pastry. It's only a few $$ but why not enjoy it. It's more of a treat when it's something special!:cloud9:

sacandjac
06-15-2007, 03:25 PM
I know that at the Beach Club we were allowed to use our snack credits for cereal/milk and lunchables. Lunchables were great for coming in late to room and needing just a little something before you go to bed. We also ate them for breakfast one morning!