PDA

View Full Version : Weather in New England

crazypoohbear
06-14-2007, 07:45 AM
This is the last day of school for my youngest.

So I'm wondering "it's Flag Day, the middle of JUNE why are we searching for sweat shirts to wear?"

Last night we all curled up under blankets and watched Night at the Museum. Why were curled under blankets you might ask.... because last night it was in the 40's
What is up with this weather.
What's the weather like in your neck of the woods????

darthmacho
06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
:sun: Okay, I listened to your complaint, but now I don't want to hear any complaints when in a week or two, it is 95 degrees and our thighs are sticking together! :whew:

:D

Carol
06-14-2007, 08:15 AM
No complaints here.

Great sleeping weather and NO humidity. I'll take this any day! :cool:

5fromabove
06-14-2007, 08:23 AM
Our son had his Field Day at school yesterday and our spectating daughters had to wear their WINTER coats & were still shivering. I was saying the same thing you are...ISN'T this JUNE!??! :confused: Bizarre weather here and with school ending Friday, it might be nice to be able to have some beach weather here.

BethieTink
06-14-2007, 08:38 AM
I don't mind Boston being on the cool side, but this is getting ridiculous. It is great sleeping weather though. A friend of ours came up from Atlanta to stay with us for a few days and is shocked that it is 30 degrees cooler here.

Scar
06-14-2007, 08:41 AM
I blame Global Cooling.

SBETigg
06-14-2007, 09:04 AM
:sun: Okay, I listened to your complaint, but now I don't want to hear any complaints when in a week or two, it is 95 degrees and our thighs are sticking together! :whew:

Bring it on! I will not be complaining. I love hot, sticky weather. Crazy, I know. I would settle for high seventies and sunshine. It's June! The cold has got to go.

wwgirl
06-14-2007, 09:12 AM
i don't mind the hot weather - but have friends who welcome this cold, windy stuff. last night i was curled up on the couch, with hot tea, the heat was on and i had a throw over me - watching the red sox - there is something fundamentally wrong with that picture in june!

conorsmom2000
06-14-2007, 09:15 AM

:funny::funny:

It is chilly here today, but the bitter cold of February is still too fresh in my mind - I'm not going to complain about 60 degrees!! :D I do miss the sun, though! :sun: And I shudder to think what the temp of the pool is! :snowball:

krose78
06-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Its currently 70 degrees with a high today of 80 and a low tonight of 66 forcasted. That is why I'm glad we left CT plus were closer to Disney ;)

gauvin4
06-14-2007, 10:04 AM
Our son had his Field Day at school yesterday and our spectating daughters had to wear their WINTER coats & were still shivering. I was saying the same thing you are...ISN'T this JUNE!??! :confused: Bizarre weather here and with school ending Friday, it might be nice to be able to have some beach weather here.

I had to bring my winter coat to watch my son's baseball game last night. The weather is just plain crazy!:mad:

DisneyDog
06-14-2007, 10:11 AM
We are going to have a high of 68 today, but it was in the 50s this morning. We all did sleep very well last night. It's supposed to be in the 70's tomorrow, and then back up to the 90s by this weekend. We are outside of Philly, by the way.

aprilisis
06-14-2007, 10:20 AM
I am FREEZING! :freeze: Bring on the 95 degree humidity- I love that weather!!!! :sun:

crazypoohbear
06-14-2007, 10:35 AM
Now mind you I HATE the heat. but this is ridiculous. I have to go to DS's baseball game tonight and I'm looking for my winter coat???!!!

I would love for the weather to stay between 72-78 with no humidity and NO pollen

If I'm cold then I know my sister must have cranked up her heat last night.
I keep my house at about 64 degrees in the winter and she keeps her coat on when visiting

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-16-2007, 11:39 PM
Nope, I did NOT have the heat on! I just used my heating pad. But today's weather was great. It got a little cool at the outdoor concert and CrazyPoohBear put her fleece jacket on before me.
Tomorrow is supposed to be really warm here! YAY

Scar
06-08-2008, 09:50 AM
In honor of the heat we are having here in the east, I thought I would bring back this thread and remind everyone what the weather was like one year ago.

Jeri Lynn
06-08-2008, 09:53 AM
OK the HEAT is here!!! YUK!
All my floors are sticky...
I have every fan I own going in the house.
Could someone turn the heat down?

SBETigg
06-08-2008, 10:09 AM
Wow, what a difference between this year and last year, hm? I'd forgotten all about last year's June chill. And now we're having a heat wave. That's New England for you.

Stitchahula
06-09-2008, 04:49 PM
ok crazypoohbear complaining about the cold but at your sons graduation party this weekend we were wishing you had a pool. You just have to love NE 1 day it's in the 60's and the next it's in the 90's and we are having a heat wave.

BronxTigger
06-09-2008, 08:17 PM
Today was supposed to be Field Day for grades K-1 at my school (I teach 1st grade). However, it got canceled due to the heat and humidity.

Additionally, my school only has air conditioning in some classrooms and the auditorium. We could not be in our rooms if we did not have a/c, so we were all doubled (and tripled!) up in each classroom. There were about 10 classes in the auditorium, but the video projector wasn't working, so I guess it was mayhem down there.

I got lucky today; my class was doubled. We were so crowded and some of my kids had to sit on the floor all day, but at least we got work done. Tomorrow I've been assigned to the auditorium. I was told to "bring chart paper and things so you can teach." :confused: Yeah, okay. We'll see how it goes. We were all telling our kids to stay home tomorrow if they didn't want to deal with the crowded and chaotic conditions. (Fights were breaking out all over in the parts of the school that were not a/c....like when we were traveling to/from the lunchroom.)

What a day....bring back that cool weather from last year!!

DisneyDudet
06-09-2008, 08:35 PM
Sorry you guys are having such a rough time. I know yall aren't used to the heat and humidity (the only time you'd WILLINGLY put up with it would be at WDW!). The heat wave that hit us is now hitting you. Today we had a cool front, and it was a nice break, but it will be just as hot and humid tomorrow.

We have already had one heat stroke victim pass away at our hospital this year. He had been there for a few weeks, but we also had two patients come in with heat related illness (one exhaustion with dehydration, and another possible heat stroke victim).

So, if you must be in the heat, drink plenty of water, take frequent breaks in cooler places (even shade can cool). Every once in a while, drink an electrolyte replacement drink (Gatorade or Powerade), but don't make it your only drink. Since you are sweating quite a lot, you are losing your salt, and those drinks will help with that, keeping your body in balance.

I hope it cools down for yall soon.

conorsmom2000
06-09-2008, 10:47 PM
In honor of the heat we are having here in the east, I thought I would bring back this thread and remind everyone what the weather was like one year ago.
That cracked me up - I didn't realize this was an old thread and I couldn't believe people were talking about it being chilly! Then I saw my own post from last year and realized this certainly wasn't from this June! :D

It is still 92 degrees out - and it's almost 11 o'clock at night! It's been brutal here - and every district around us closed school early except for us. I spent most of the day running around trying to round up 300 Italian ices to bring in to the kids and teacher's at Conor's school. They were just roasting in that building (his school is a very old 3 story building with no AC)! At least for tomorrow they've already announced they are closing at 12:30!

Stay cool and be careful!!

crazypoohbear
06-10-2008, 09:40 AM
My DS walked out the front door yesterday morning for school, 2more days to go!
walking out of the airconditioned house into the heat he turns and says.
"Mom, this feels like Disneyworld, without all the fun!"
It cracked me up! :D

DisneyDog
06-10-2008, 02:00 PM
According to Accuweather, it's currently 89 degrees in Orlando and 93 degrees here in Norristown, PA (just outside of Philly). But, the real-feel temperature is exactly the same (103 degrees). I love Disney as much as the rest of you, but I don't think I'd want to even attempt to have fun in this kind of heat. Well, maybe at the pool, but not in the parks. It's just yucky out.

We are waiting on some nasty storms tonight that's supposed to cool everything off -- rain, thunder, hail... the works. (Hopefully we will still have power tomorrow! Yikes!)

Scar
06-11-2009, 01:17 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread back again. Seems appropriate with the weather we've been having.

I still blame global cooling.

I wonder how many people are going to read the first posts from 2007 and think it's a current thread?

meldan98
06-11-2009, 05:16 PM
Ok, you got me!!!

I was just reading along and thought, huh, thats weird...I wonder if my calendar on my computer is wrong.

Anyway...it is weird here in Nor. Cal. too. Last week we had thunder and lightning, hail and rain and this week, we will be lucky if we are in the 80's. Trust me, I'm not complaining. Normally it's over 100+

Hull-onian
06-11-2009, 06:05 PM
We are freezing so much we are wearing winter pajamas, just after I packed em all away. It is great sleeping :sleepin:weather. Now we are gonna get rain on Friday but the weekend will be beautiful.:cloud9:

UCJen
06-11-2009, 07:02 PM
I live outside of Chicago and I am freezing today. It's not even 60 degrees outside. :freeze:

I just turned the heat on because it is so damp in my house. My son went into the pool yesterday and it was about 60 outside.

Heat and humidity? Bring it!

merlinmagic4
06-11-2009, 08:42 PM

I've been saying that since early May!!!! I keep saying, "one day we'll wake up and it'll just be HOT!!!". Hasn't happened yet!!

I am SOOOOO glad I am not camping until July :D

merlinmagic4
06-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Just thought I'd bring this thread back again. Seems appropriate with the weather we've been having.

I wonder how many people are going to read the first posts from 2007 and think it's a current thread?

Totally thought it was a current thread - LOL!!! I didn't realize until after I already posted :D

BrerGnat
06-12-2009, 03:34 PM
It COULD be a current thread here.

I cannot believe I live in Southern California right now...it's mid June, and it's cloudy and COLD outside. Cold to my standards, that is. I think it's about 65 degrees. It was drizzling this morning. Just like every other morning this week...but unlike "normal" June Gloom, it doesn't go away as the day goes on.

My poor kids want to go swimming SO badly. :(

WHERE IS SUMMER??? :confused:

Hull-onian
06-14-2009, 07:17 PM
We were supposed to have a wonderful antique car show at Nantasket Beach today, Sunday 6/14. They cancelled til next weekend. It is cold and rainy. We can't escape it. Help!!!!

Hull-onian
06-14-2009, 07:18 PM

:ditto: Global Cooling. I agree:thumbsup:

diz_girl
06-15-2009, 10:24 AM
Believe it, or not, we have on the AC. With DS's tree pollen allergies, we have to keep the windows closed until mid-June. And with DH being uncomfortable when it gets above 75 inside, he turns on the AC. So just picture it being 65 outside, the AC is on inside and I need a blanket on my lap sitting at home watching TV and a down comforter on me to sleep.

I just get annoyed with this weather because I never know what to wear. I have winter clothes and summer clothes and normally in NJ 60-degree weather for long stretches is rather infrequent, so I can never decide what to wear in the morning. :confused:

BTW - I did start reading at the beginning, not knowing that it started as a 2007 thread.

And as I recall, the July 4th timeframe in 2007 was REALLY REALLY HOT, like 100 degrees. I remember that because I had my son on July 5th of that year and it was really hot. DS just needed a onesie when we took him home from the hospital. And July 4th is little more than two weeks away. So be careful what you wish for...

Hull-onian
06-15-2009, 05:49 PM
We are below average with temperature. We have a high pressure from Canada with cool moist air from the Atlantic Ocean. It is really cool. We have had hail and lightning strikes. We have powerful thunder storm coming in. They are very tall clouds. With lots of rain. However, we are on the South Shore of MA, and it is sunny but cool. Brrrrr!!!!

meldan98
06-15-2009, 05:52 PM
Well, the wonderful weather fairies have decided to move elsewhere...it's going to be in the upper 90's by the end of the week. BOO HOO!!! I may be a CA girl, but I HATE hot weather.

kcrc
06-16-2009, 09:50 AM
Not only has it been cool here in NJ, but it's been so rainy! I think we're all going to have mold growing on us!

Hull-onian
06-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Today it was cold and sunny. We liked the sunny.:sun:

Jeri Lynn
06-17-2009, 07:34 AM
It sure would be nice to see some summer like weather around here. I don't need 95 and humid but making it to at least 80 for a couple days during the week would be nice!!

ChipDale2708
06-18-2009, 10:19 AM
Got me too - thought the beginning of the thread was current! I'm really tired of the cold and rain. But don't worry folks, my vacation starts 6/29 so it HAS to be warm and sunny then... right? :blush:

Hull-onian
06-18-2009, 04:18 PM
This Saturday we are supposed to have an antique auto show :drive: on Nantasket Beach. If it rains, they will probably cancell it till next year. We were so looking forward to going. We will know in two days time. It is raining again, this is from Seattle East. :rain:

Patty
06-19-2009, 07:50 PM
O.K. so call me crazy but I am actually loving the weather. :crazy: Yes the rain is getting to be a little nuts but for the first time in a few years I feel like we actually have gotten a spring (granted it has been a long spring!) I just pretend this is what it would be like if I moved to Ireland :)
Hey wouldn't it be crazy if instead of going straight from winter to summer like we have the last few years if this year we go straight from spring to fall! Sun worshippers please don't send hate mail ;)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-20-2009, 11:32 PM
Just got back from a cruise to Bermuda where it was warm & sunny. I wanna go back! I can't believe my sis posted this 2 years ago and we are having the exact same weather.

crazypoohbear
06-21-2009, 11:00 AM
That's because your sister is fabulous!!!!
I'm not sure where the global "warming" is coming from??!!
IT was culture shock leaving boston on a cruise ship in cool rainy weather and spending three days in sunny bermuda, then coming back to boston to cold raining weather :(
Well, guess we just need to plan another vacation. Theres more time to book the free dining in disney sis!!!:party:

Just got back from a cruise to Bermuda where it was warm & sunny. I wanna go back! I can't believe my sis posted this 2 years ago and we are having the exact same weather.

Hull-onian
06-21-2009, 11:15 AM
Well, here it is Father's Day. Happy Father's Day everyone. It is windy:fan:, cold :freeze:, rainy :rain: today. Hopefully, everyone will enjoy the day with their Dad's.

crazypoohbear
06-21-2009, 08:24 PM
Let's count our blessings
1. we are saving money on air conditioning
2. no fathers have to take time out of their special day to mow the lawn.
3. there SHOULD be no water shortage this summer
4. saving on the water bill by not having to water the plants.
5. no sun so we save money on buying sunscreen
6. it's not humid
That's about all I can come up with

Hull-onian
06-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Here's the weather update. June 22nd. It's same, rainy, windy, and cold. Global warming, I guess.:secret:

Ed
06-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Let's count our blessings
1. we are saving money on air conditioning
4. saving on the water bill by not having to water the plants.
5. no sun so we save money on buying sunscreen
6. it's not humid
That's about all I can come up with

1. Ours is running pretty much 24/7.
4. My water bill resembles the national debt.
5. Mandatory here unless you want to look like a :crab:
6. Only about 140 % humidity.

Here's the weather update. June 22nd. It's same, rainy, windy, and cold. Global warming, I guess.:secret:

99 here at the moment; heat index 106. :sun:

crazypoohbear
06-23-2009, 12:39 AM
I guess it's true... the grass always does seem greener (no pun intended!) on the other side.
I think I prefer the cool rain to the hot humid weather.

1. Ours is running pretty much 24/7.
4. My water bill resembles the national debt.
5. Mandatory here unless you want to look like a :crab:
6. Only about 140 % humidity.

99 here at the moment; heat index 106. :sun:

DisneyDog
06-23-2009, 02:18 PM
I read the beginning of the thread and thought it seemed really familiar. I had a feeling of deja vu...just as I did last year at this time! Wow, I can't believe this thread is 2 years old.

We've had all the rain -- 17 days of rain out of 22 days in June. But, now it's really very nice. It's 78 with a cool breeze and quite comfortable. It's supposed to steam up in the next few days. I'm gonna miss this comfy weather.

Hull-onian
06-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Well today is Tuesday, and the weather hasn't changed. Not one bit. :rain: :fan: :freeze:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-28-2009, 12:19 AM
YAY! We finally had some sunshine today. We even went to a restaurant and sat on the outside patio to eat.
And Crazypoohbear, I'd love to book a trip to WDW but that will have to wait until next year. But it's never too soon to start planning. We'll just have to see how far in advance my "other sister" can get us rooms.

mainemajor
06-28-2009, 09:33 AM

We hit 70 yesterday here in Maine. Rain for the past three weeks with rain in the forcast for the next two weeks. I would love a sunny day or two here in Northern New England and SOON.

Hull-onian
06-28-2009, 09:57 AM
We live on the sea coast. We got invited to a wonderful graduation party. The whole day was cloudy, but no rain. By three p.m. the fog rolled in thick and heavy. No rain. We heard thunder everywhere, no rain. The fog was so thick we couldn't even see to the back yard. It was very cold. We should have worn winter coats and long pants. C'mon Florida, send us some sunshine, we need it.:sun:

mainemajor
07-01-2009, 08:45 PM
Summer came today :party: We not only hit 85, the SUN came out too:joy::woohoo: Of course it's still forcast to rain for the next week.

crazypoohbear
07-02-2009, 01:20 AM
Still rainy, overcast and foggy.
Pretty soon everyone in the Boston area is going to lose the boston accent and start talking like londoner's
Pip Pip, cheerio my good man :blush:
Sounds better than Paaak the wicked cool caa over der woodja.:D

IamBelle
07-02-2009, 09:36 AM
I am so tired of this weather, but at least I have an excuse to do my summer reading!!
I feel like I am living the Winnie the Pooh ride in Fantasyland, you know, when the hundred acre wood is flooded and Piglet is floating on an umbrella?! "The rain rain rain came down down down..." :rain::umbrella:

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-02-2009, 10:38 AM
I am so tired of this weather, but at least I have an excuse to do my summer reading!!
I feel like I am living the Winnie the Pooh ride in Fantasyland, you know, when the hundred acre wood is flooded and Piglet is floating on an umbrella?! "The rain rain rain came down down down..." :rain::umbrella:

That’s too funny! I am going stir crazy!!!! This rain keeps the kids all cooped us all day, the moment the sun breaks I take the kids right outside because I never know when we are going to see it again. Today the temp is only 70 ish, but humid, humid, humid. I hope this weekend I nice! Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July where ever you are in New England:)

Belle--86
07-02-2009, 11:06 AM
I have to agree this Weather is starting to make me STIR CRAZY:sob: of course with three kids stuck in the house, i'm just going CRAZY!!!:fresh: The last nice day we had-- I worked 16 hours so I didn' t see much of it. I just keep thinking-- 45 days till we go to DISNEY WORLD!!!!:mickey::joy::party2:

c&d
07-02-2009, 11:20 AM
I beginning to think I'll finally see the sun when we go to Maui at the end of August.

LauraF
07-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the new England Rain Fest:
January 31st to December 31st, an Annual Event! :D

Seriously, the rain was so intense this morning that I could see it across the room without my glasses on, which is saying something!

On the flip side, once the sun comes out again my garden will be 8 feet tall!

mainemajor
07-03-2009, 05:32 PM
No rain yesterday (no sun either) during the day 70 degrees. MASSIVE thunderstorms throughout the night. Drizzle and 65 today. When will summer ever arrive here. Long range forcast rain daily - no sun in sight.
Oh well its only 45 days till we are in Disney :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
07-04-2009, 11:29 AM
We were in Ogunquit ME yesterday and it was pretty nice up until about 4-5pm. We sat outside on the deck at Barnacle Billy's for lunch. Then when we got to Kittery, the thunderstorms started. I guess I wasn't supposed to spend any money!

Magic Smiles
07-04-2009, 09:40 PM
We were in Ogunquit ME yesterday and it was pretty nice up until about 4-5pm. We sat outside on the deck at Barnacle Billy's for lunch. Then when we got to Kittery, the thunderstorms started. I guess I wasn't supposed to spend any money!
I love those parts of New England. I grew up going to Kennebunkport every summer. We always stayed at Idlease. Once us kids grew up my parents would stay in a different place right on the ocean. Kittery = $$$$$$$$$
It has been so cold here in Ottawa today, you would think that we were in Fall. But on the upside, at least it wasn't raining.:thumbsup:for a change. We have gone from cold to roasting to drowning in rain back to cold. I guess our one warm week was summer.

LauraF
07-06-2009, 10:16 AM

Bummer I didn't know you were there! I would have stopped into say hi. My BF's family lives Wells and we were up there part of the weekend. Yes, the weather was lovely most of the day, but I'd rather have a short thunderstorm in the afternoon every day and the rest be sunny, than the all-day rain we've been having. (And I used to LIKE rainy days. . . . )

Emme&TeddysMommy
07-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I can’t believe it we have had sunshine 3 days in a row now. Mother Nature must love playing with us!

BriarRose0708
07-06-2009, 11:21 AM
I was in Lynn/Boston/Brockton this past weekend. I was lucky to land at Logan Wednesday night, flights were getting canceled left and right because of the weather. At least it was nice Friday, Saturday and for the ride back Sunday. I hope it continues through the rest of the month for my vacation in Maine the 27th!

crazypoohbear
07-06-2009, 07:09 PM
Bummer I didn't know you were there! I would have stopped into say hi. My BF's family lives Wells and we were up there part of the weekend. Yes, the weather was lovely most of the day, but I'd rather have a short thunderstorm in the afternoon every day and the rest be sunny, than the all-day rain we've been having. (And I used to LIKE rainy days. . . . )

Hey are you following us?? 1st you live in the town we grew up in, before buying your home then you are up in Wells "with us"??? :D
Next week we will be in boston, and you?? :mickey:

I was in Lynn/Boston/Brockton this past weekend. I was lucky to land at Logan Wednesday night, flights were getting canceled left and right because of the weather. At least it was nice Friday, Saturday and for the ride back Sunday. I hope it continues through the rest of the month for my vacation in Maine the 27th!

Neil Diamond who was performing at the Hatch shell for the 4th of July celebration was detoured to Conn. and had to have a car drive him up to get to the rehersal in time on the 3rd!
You were very lucky that you got to land!:thumbsup:

LauraF
07-07-2009, 10:10 AM
Hey are you following us?? 1st you live in the town we grew up in, before buying your home then you are up in Wells "with us"??? :D
Next week we will be in boston, and you?? :mickey:
Yep. My big secret is out. :secret:

I will be in Boston next week, but only for dinner with a friend. I'll try to not to run into you. :-)

crazypoohbear
07-07-2009, 11:11 AM
Yep. My big secret is out. :secret:

I will be in Boston next week, but only for dinner with a friend. I'll try to not to run into you. :-)

We will be at the Hatch shell on Saturday night for the temptations concert! We will be on the lookout for a disney fanatic looking around :D

mainemajor
07-10-2009, 09:17 PM
Summer finally arrived in Northern New England. TWO, es two days in a row without rain and both days sunny and in the 80's. Forcast for tomorrow should make it THREE in a row before rain returns on Sunday.
Oh well only 38 days until we arrive at WDW:party: