PDA

View Full Version : AAA Hotel Discounts vs APH Rates

JROriole8Fan
06-14-2007, 06:56 AM
I was wondering if people would share their experience with AAA hotel discounts, when staying on property. As an APH, we were hoping for APH discount rates in August at Pop Century. Those APH discounts seem to be fewer and fewer each year. We will be at Pop from 1-14 Aug.

Is the AAA discount a % or flat dollar amount?
Does it vary, based on the level of room?
Does it vary , based on the time of year?
Can you modify an existing reservation with the AAA discount, to get the lower rate?

We get two rooms and since we are staying two weeks, even a $5/day/room discount would pay for the AAA membership in a single trip.

Your thoughts and suggestions are much appreciated.

CanadianWDWFan
06-14-2007, 08:17 AM
I always book with AAA first, then when and if the AP rates come out I have the AP rates applied. I forget what the AAA rate is, it is different for different levels of resorts, but if memory serves me, I believe it was about 10% for the values.

Also there AAA ratres are not available all the time. There are only a limited number of rooms available for the rate.

disneygal01
06-14-2007, 10:22 AM
I was just on the phone yesterday with guest services and they said that the AAA discount is 10% for all levels....I hope that this helps out:mickey:

WDWhuny
06-14-2007, 10:31 AM
We will be at Pop Aug. 11-22 and got a AAA rate of $62.50 a night. I hope this helps.

DebK
06-14-2007, 10:43 AM
In value season, AAA provides a 20% discount at value and moderate resorts, and 15% off at the deluxe and DVC properties, subject to availability.
In regular and peak seasons, the AAA discount is 15% at the values and moderates and then 10% at the deluxe and DVC properties. There are no AAA discounts during holiday season.