PDA

View Full Version : Favorite part/song in Splash Mountain?

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 10:11 PM
ont know about you , but one of my favorite attractions is Splash Mt.

What is your favorite part or song in the ride?

I like Slippin Falls and I also like the scene where they sing "Laughing Place"

The Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah scene is one of my faves 2.

Tell me what you think!

:mickey3:

:stitch:

ccchild
06-13-2007, 10:17 PM
My favorite part is the drop into the Laughin' Place. I love the double-dip!

Mickey91
06-13-2007, 10:19 PM
We like the slippin' falls also. My favorite song part is near the end with the welcome home river boat.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-13-2007, 10:32 PM
I like the "how do you do" parts...fav characters besides the obvious main characters is the little raccoon that is playing a harmonica on the left hand side, and at the end, the singing alligators and along with the bow-legged frog!

Chris :hatter:

Guya103
06-13-2007, 11:26 PM
I love the "How da ya do" parts too! I also like the area where the bees are buzzing busily around the hives.:mickey:

Morpheous
06-13-2007, 11:46 PM
Well.. I tried but I really cant pick out any one specific part of Splash Mountain that I love over everything else... I love all of it.. When I look forward to riding it Im usually thinking of something different each time. The Entire ride is so well themed and so well put together its easily one of the most loveable rides at WDW.

It's hard to believe when I was younger the splash part scared me to death! :)

BritCody
06-14-2007, 06:37 AM
I agree I like the whole ride also, but if I had to narrow it down it would be between the "how do you do" parts and Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah part

darthmacho
06-14-2007, 07:58 AM
I agree I like the whole ride also, but if I had to narrow it down it would be between the "how do you do" parts and Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah part

I have the exact same feeling. In fact, if you asked me tomorrow, I might even say the "Laughing Place" is my favorite part. I think it depends on my mood.

I think this thread does hit upon a very good point, which is that Splash Mountain is a great ride from beginning to end, and that WDW really came up with a winner when they built this attraction. It is amazing how they took a relatively obscure story and reinvented it into a hit. :coaster:

Pinoke68
06-14-2007, 10:46 AM
Splash Mountain is my most favorite ride at MK, I love the whole thing from start to finish.

My favorite song is "How do you do?"

Favorite parts:
The double drop in the dark
the giant beehives
the possums hanging over you
the can-can dancing chickens on the steamboat
Brer Turkey

mousetrapper
06-14-2007, 03:28 PM
I love the whole ride too! One part that always makes me laugh is when Brer Rabbit is trying to get away and he has the bandana pack on a stick over his shoulder....he goes by behind some bushes on your left...and if you look behind you after you pass, you see he ducks down to get back into place for the next boatload of riders! It's silly but it tickles me every time...

mermaidmarian
06-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Lots of great parts of this ride, but I would have to say my favorite audio portion is when you are going up the final incline and B'rer Fox is threatening B'rer Rabbit with skinning and B'rer Rabbit says, "You can do anything you like, but PUHLEEEEEEAZE don't throw me in the briar patch", just as we are flung into the briars.

I catch my self repeating that line with gleeful expectation to the kids in our traveling party - I think it is definitely my favorite element, and it really helps explain the point of that drop and how B'rer Rabbit managed to trick B'rer Fox and B'rer Bear once again. If you miss that, and if you aren't previously acquainted with the tales, you might not understand just how B'rer Rabbit managed to escape.

SurferStitch
06-14-2007, 04:53 PM

DITTO!!!!

I also love the final Zip-a-dee-doo-dah song with the riverboat and the singing chickens.

Narawen
06-14-2007, 06:10 PM
I love the song they're singing in the first indoor scene after you go around the outside...my favorite part of the ride is a dark part between two rooms (cant remember which) where there's a small dip and you get lifted right back up., it may be the part right before the laughing place but I just cant remember....

disneymom2000
06-14-2007, 07:05 PM
My favorite is where the frogs are sitting on the riverbank singing and then there is the frontporch scene with the rocking chair

CaptSmee
06-14-2007, 07:29 PM

Me too! It makes me start laughin'!:rotfl:

KAJUNKING
06-14-2007, 08:31 PM
Splash I love the whole thing from start to finish.

My favorite song is "How do you do?"

:ditto:

mttafire
06-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Me too! It makes me start laughin'!:rotfl:
Add me to this location!!:mickey: "laughin place"

DREAMADREAM93
06-14-2007, 08:38 PM
Zip and Laughin Place are a classics, but i absolutely LOVE the
"How do ya do"
do do do do do.
"Fine how are you?"
de de de de do
"..................."
do do do do do do
"Pretty good sure as your born!"
What goes up is sure to come down.
A penny lost is a penny foouund.
..........................., and you holler/hurry(?) back,
a little bit of this and a little bit of thaaat.

it really bugs me when i cant think of that one little line.

JOrdan :]

disney1026
06-14-2007, 09:10 PM
I like the beginning when the characters sing the "how do you do" song. And then I also really like after the drop when it's "zip a dee do da". Both those songs make me smile. I own the WDW CD and I love playing the Splash Mountain soundtrack when I am driving in my car.

larandtra
06-14-2007, 09:22 PM
I like Laughin Place, but, I also am very partial to anything to do with "Song of the South". Quite possibly the best movie Disney ever put out with great life lessons in it.

DisneyFreak23
06-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Zip and Laughin Place are a classics, but i absolutely LOVE the
"How do ya do"
do do do do do.
"Fine how are you?"
de de de de do
"..................."
do do do do do do
"Pretty good sure as your born!"
What goes up is sure to come down.
A penny lost is a penny foouund.
..........................., and you holler/hurry(?) back,
a little bit of this and a little bit of thaaat.

it really bugs me when i cant think of that one little line.

JOrdan :]

a zigs and a zags ; a tos and a fros
thats what you asks for; thats what you knows!