PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Disney Mix Max

kakn7294
06-13-2007, 09:14 PM
Does anyone know how to load videos into a Mix Max? I tried from Windows Media Player but the Mix Max tells me "file not supported" when we try to play it. They have to be in wmv format and I thought loading it from Windows Media Player it would be in that format but I guess not. Help?

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-13-2007, 09:44 PM
Wish I could help. We bought our son a Mix Stick for Xmas and had the same problem. (The one that just plays music). He opened the box and ripped it so we were stuck with it. I had to buy him some of the mix clips so it would not go to waste.

We bought him an iPod for his b-day. I am going to give the Mix Stick to 3 year old DD.

I wish we could have gotten it loaded, he was excited about it. :(

Hope someone can help you out!

kakn7294
06-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I know how to load music from our CD's into Windows Media Player or download from Walmart's music download section, I just can't figure out the movie part. I'd love to take some of our DVD's and put them into the player so my DD can watch them "on the go".

DizneyRox
06-14-2007, 07:00 AM
Playing a video in Windows Media Player doens't make a file a WMV file. You will need to convert it to WMV, which depending on your technical abilities could be a daunting task.

If you have standalone video file, you migh just want to try Windows Movie Maker which I think installs itself with Windows. Not much control is available with it, but it's fairly easy.

The alternative is to check out a website called videohelp dot com. They deal mostly with audio/video conversion and would have a number of tutorials on doing the conversions you want to do. Just a word of warning, doing video conversions can be a pretty big deal and take lots of time. I've had some AVI to DVD conversions take 6-10 hours to complete and then I had to tweak it a big and do it again to get it right. It's not for the faint of heart...