PDA

View Full Version : Can a Zoo by any other name smell as sweet?

Tinkerbell627
06-13-2007, 08:19 PM
And just when you thought she was gone for good, she reappears. Out of a bright white light comes Zumop in all of her somewhat-crazy glory.

Or does she?

The Long-Hiatus-of-Zumop is over, but this new round of VMK summer goodness may bring some changes. Very big changes.

Zumop is on the brink of falling into a dark abyss where all the lost souls of VMK characters go. It may be too late, it may not.
Saint Chescat has informed me that Zumop will disappear into the Abyss of Lost Virtual Souls forever unless I log onto my account and bring her out of the coma that was brought on by too much school work. I tried my hardest but Zumop could not be restored.
Saint Chescat has taken on the role of Detective Chescat and is now helping me with recovering her. So far no such luck.
Here's where the changes come in. I actually had tried getting onto my VMK account a while back, but couldn't. I automatically deemed it "PC Problem", and just made a new character for the time being.
Her name is "Queller". Doesn't bite as hard as Zumop, but she's fun nonetheless.
After receiving Detective Chescat's PM yesterday, I tried again. And again. And again. And that brings us here.

If you're thinking: "Huh?" Here's a simple version of my tragic tale.
Zumop may be gone for good if I can't get back onto my account. I may officially become "Queller".

I conclude my Tale of Sorrow with these words:

ahem...

WHY?!?!? Why, VMK WHY? Hurting an innocent creation like Zumop! Taking her away from VMK!! It's injust! It's not right! What did she do to you that made her deserve this?? :drama:

I'm done.

Oh, and before I leave, I just want to give myself some shameless self promotion. Check out my trip report from my latest Disney adventure. It's called The Shutterbugs. :smokin:

Tah!

RenDuran
06-13-2007, 08:43 PM
They didn't delete you, did they? I'm sure I saw your title on my friend list the other day.....

Tinkerbell627
06-13-2007, 08:55 PM
^ Exactly! That's what Chescat said, but when I tried logging on, I couldn't. I've been using that log in name and password for so long, I knew I wasn't making any mistakes. I've double checked everything and tried many times.

Here's what's going on:

I type in the EXACT username and password I've used hundreds of times before. When I press log-in, instead of the page turning black and logging me on, it refreshes and stays the same lime green page, but without the stuff typed in. When I log into the new account, nothing's wrong.

Chescat
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Zoo try this. Go to the account info:

http://disney.go.com/youraccount/

Then try the forgot password first. Maybe there was a hiccup during the last few months on your password. At least start there. Then it would at least reset your password. :)

Its also possible that after 3 logins they have locked your account so it does need to be reset.

WDWfanatic742
06-13-2007, 09:15 PM
Zoo, welcome back!!

I missed you at WDW by 1 day! I was there the 9th and 10th and I believe you left on the 9th. So close :mickey:

Tinkerbell627
06-13-2007, 10:22 PM
I've got some good news and I've got some embarassing news.

Good news:
I've restored Zumop! There's a party in my crazy head and you're all invited!

Embarassing news is:
It's not the computer's fault.
It's not VMK's fault.
It's mine.

I know I said I was sooooo sure I got my username and password right, but apparently I didn't.
I was trying to log on with a different e-mail address. We change networks so much. First, it was attbi, then Comcast, then SBC-Global, now it's tx.rr.com (whatever that is.. I get them all confused). I was trying to log-in with my Comcast address, when it really was with the SBCGlobal one. Hey, at least my password was right.

So sorry about all the drama. Thanks Chescat for helping. Sorry to get you into the middle of my silly mess.

And I thought VMK had a grudge against me when it was my own absent-mindedness. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to duck into a hole of shame...

But before I do that, David:
You're probably lucky that we didn't cross paths because the first thing I would have done to you was drag you to the Rockin' Roller Coaster and strap you into the front seat. Consider yourself blessed.

WDWfanatic742
06-13-2007, 10:49 PM
I would have gone if we had hoppers. After riding space and everest for the first time, I was ready for some real rollercoasters. We only went to Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom that trip.

janmathatter
06-13-2007, 10:53 PM
Zoo, I'm so glad you were able to remain you. Who cares how or why, thank goodness you were able to save yourself from vanishing into the VMK black hole of doom, never to be seen or heard from again. If you get busy again, just don't forget to at least log in to keep us all here from wondering if you are gone for good. Put a big red mark on your calendar to remind yourself. Looking forward to seeing you on VMK soon.

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Welcome Back Zumop!:thumbsup:

Tinkerbell627
06-14-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks everyone!

Nachocat: Now, with the whole Deleting-Innocent-VMKers thing going on, I will definately keep that in mind when I go back on hiatus. I must put reminders on brightly colored sticky notes. As you can tell, I'm a little scatterbrained. Bright sticky notes help.

The Rockin' Roller Coaster is calling you David. Steven Tyler is calling you with his very large mouth.
But Steven Tyler's mouth aside, if you can handle Expedition: Everest and like it, Rockin' Roller Coaster shouldn't be bad for you. In my opinion, RnRC is more intense than E:E, but not by much. And it's addicting. Once you go on that first ride, you're going to want to do it again and again. And keep in mind, this is coming from a former chicken.

WDWfanatic742
06-14-2007, 02:41 AM
I'm getting there, I'm getting there.

Just need to find someone to go with. :dance::coaster::rocker:

varcity
06-14-2007, 01:31 PM
OH! OH! :clappy::joy: Pick Me! Pick Me!

Welcome back, Zoo. Glad to welcome you back aboard! :mickey:

WED1901
06-14-2007, 02:31 PM
But before I do that, David:
You're probably lucky that we didn't cross paths because the first thing I would have done to you was drag you to the Rockin' Roller Coaster and strap you into the front seat. Consider yourself blessed.

Now that's funny!

WB Zoo !! She saved me too!! ~ hey that rhymes

I'm going to write her in come Nov 08!!
Vote for Cat! She knows where your at!

Patricia
06-14-2007, 02:39 PM
Hey Zoo! :wave:

So glad you made it back before they deleted you.

I tried to save you using my INTERCOT powers, but your email came right back at me. Must be that server change you mentioned. When you get a minute can you change your address here at Intercot, that way I can find you in any new emergencies.

bigpapiortiz34
06-14-2007, 04:36 PM
ZOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! WOOOOOOOOT!

Welcome back!! We've missed ya! Come back as soon as possible to see me!

Also, I noticed that you were on today! But, sadly, I wasn't there to see the return of the amazing Zoo!

WB! :wave:

Tinkerbell627
06-14-2007, 05:03 PM
I tried to save you using my INTERCOT powers, but your email came right back at me. Must be that server change you mentioned. When you get a minute can you change your address here at Intercot, that way I can find you in any new emergencies.

Thanks for the heads up, Patti. I always forget to fix my e-mail address on the boards when it changes. The one you tried was about three servers ago. Anyway, I changed it.

Thanks Did, for the very enthusiastic greeting!
WOOOOOOOOOT! I missed you too!

RicksCafe
06-14-2007, 10:38 PM
I tried to save you using my INTERCOT powers, but.... Hold on there a second, little lady. :cowboy:

You used your powers....

Zumop is back....

I'm thinking you did a bang up job!

And welcome back, Zoo. You maniac.

Ricks (who loves a good post hoc ergo prompter hoc fallacy)