View Full Version : Pixar Announces "Up" for 2009 Release

Figment!
06-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Pixar Unveils Latest Project
'Up' scheduled for 2009

By BEN FRITZ

Variety
June 12, 2007

Los Angeles--Pixar is going a little older in 2009 than its typical demo.

The Disney-owned toon studio's release that year will be "Up," about a 70-year-old man who teams with a wilderness ranger to fight beasts and villains.

"Monsters, Inc." director Pete Docter is helming.

Pixar vet Bob Peterson is writing the script and will co-direct.

Monday's announcement fills in the remaining gap in the animation powerhouse's sked through 2010. After this month's "Ratatouille," it will release "Wall*E" next summer and "Toy Story 3" in summer 2010.

Its sibling Disney Animation Studios, also overseen by Mouse House toon toppers Ed Catmull and John Lasseter, is set to release "American Dog" next year and in 2009 "Frog Princess," its first hand-drawn pic since 2004.

pdrlkr
06-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Sounds Interesting Jason! :thumbsup: :mickey:

Crow
06-13-2007, 10:23 PM
hmm
sounds interesting.
thanks

Rustin Allison
06-14-2007, 07:18 AM
Thanks for posting about this. I will be looking forward to future news!

Rustin Allison

BrerSchultzy
06-14-2007, 09:23 AM
I feel the exact same way I did when I heard Pixar was doing a movie about Cars based on the Doc Hollywood plot.

Or when I found out Pixar was doing a movie about fish. Or about ants. And even about a rat in a kitchen.

And that feeling is: really? you sure you want to do that Pixar?

But they haven't failed yet. Not by a long shot.

Ms.Disney
06-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Very cool. I think Pixar is a big part of Disney's future.

Ian
06-14-2007, 10:02 AM
I feel the exact same way I did when I heard Pixar was doing a movie about Cars based on the Doc Hollywood plot.

Or when I found out Pixar was doing a movie about fish. Or about ants. And even about a rat in a kitchen.

And that feeling is: really? you sure you want to do that Pixar?

But they haven't failed yet. Not by a long shot.Hmmm, I mean I sort of agree, but .... these upcoming films after Ratatouille sound pretty odd to me.

I mean on the surface, I'm not at all interested in seeing Wall-E. And this one sounds even stranger.

I'm sure they could be good films, but is it just me or does it seem like they're plots are getting more "heavy" lately?

CrazyStitch
06-14-2007, 10:44 AM
Toy Story 3 in 2010, eh? Hey, Pixar! Can we have a Transformers toy in there this time? Please? You've got Mr. Potato Head in there, what's one more Hasbro property? :D