PDA

View Full Version : funny case of mistaken identity

briguy
06-13-2007, 07:25 PM
I as at animal kingdom today and witnessed a funny exchange. A guy was gressed all in khaki wearing a pith helmut. Another guest walked up uo him thinking he was a photopass photagrapher and asked him where you view your pictures. The guy said he had no idea. The asking guy was incredulous and kept pressing. Khaki man had no idea why this guy was stalking him and finally said "I have no idea what you are talking about". Finally the asker's wife realized khaki didn't work there and told him and they sheepessly walked away.

Has anyone ever been on either end of this type of mistaken identity?

Mousefever
06-13-2007, 07:39 PM
No, but that's too funny!

:dory:

SgtTigger
06-13-2007, 08:32 PM
I have one that happened last year......

We were in the pool at The Villas At Wilderness Lodge and I was at one end of the pool and Sherrie my wife Kayla (13) and Victoria (4) were at the other end..... well, they were teasing her and she had enough so she went swimming to some guy at that end of the pool..... well, Sherrie and Kayla were trying to tell Victoria that the guy was not uncle Bret and she would hear none of it.........
Victoria swims up to the Guys back and grabs on the guy turn around and Victoria looks up at him and guess what that is not uncle Bret..... she swims off and is looking around till she sees me at the other end of the pool as I had not moved...... Boy was she embarrassed.......

:cop: :tigger:

DisneyFreak23
06-13-2007, 10:03 PM
No, this has never happened to me at Disney, but that sounds hilarious! :rotfl:

:mickey3:

:stitch:

MickeysBestPal
06-14-2007, 12:41 AM
Has anyone ever been on either end of this type of mistaken identity?

This is also why they don't allow adults to wear costumes into the parks (except for Halloween parties.)

Last year there was a widely publicized flap over Disney removing/barring a man at MK who was dressed "normally" but had a long white beard and looked like Santa Claus.

The info was that the man was approached by kids and other guests and did not deny being Santa, and Disney didn't want the guy to play along, as they didn't know (or have control over) what the Santa-guy was doing.

These kind of things can get dicey for the guests and for Disney.

crazypoohbear
06-14-2007, 07:54 AM
Two of those are funny.

The santa isn't so funny.
I can see Disney's thoughts but if the guy just looks like that how can they remove him for looking like himself????

Jenemmy
06-14-2007, 09:05 AM
It happened to me once, but not at Disney. I once worked for the local CBS affiliate here in town. I was in Creative Services at the TV station, so I got all the goodies with the station logo stitched on it. One day I was out shopping and had on a jacket that sported the station logo and call letters and this lady comes up to me, grabs me and says "OH MY GOSH ___ I LOOOOOOOVE YOU!!!!!" I said "um, Excuse me?" and she pointed to my jacket and says "My husband and I watch you all the time, you are our favorite!!! Can I have your autograph??" Funny part is....I was NEVER on air. I don't know who she thought I was, but to this day, her husband probably looks at my autograph and thinks "Who the heck is that??"

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-14-2007, 10:51 AM
Not exactly a case of mistaken identity, but I have people coming up to me ALL the time asking me where the MEN'S room is. Now, I don't in any way look like a guy. I have long blond hair and girlish(?) curves. This doesn't just happen in Disney either.
Maybe I look like a men's room lurker? I'm not. Really! I'm not.:confused:

MMouse6937
06-14-2007, 10:56 AM
A little girl in the airport once thought my dad was Mister Rogers. She came up to him and said "are you Mister Rogers?" and my dad looks down and says "won't you be my neighbor?". The little girls screams and runs to her mom who was trying to explain to her that my dad was not Mister Rogers. So my dad went over there and told her he was just kidding, he really isn't Mister Rogers. She thought it was funny though, silly dad :)