PDA

View Full Version : DVC pitch at WDW

mousaholic
06-13-2007, 05:09 PM
About how long does the process of going to meet with DVC sales people at WDW take? Is the DVC sales center still at SSR? We will be staying at SSR and I would like to attend the sales presentation - what it is like?

mprewitt
06-13-2007, 05:24 PM
About how long does the process of going to meet with DVC sales people at WDW take? Is the DVC sales center still at SSR? We will be staying at SSR and I would like to attend the sales presentation - what it is like?

Be sure and call and schedule an appointment. Since you're staying at SSR, they won't send a van to pick you up. The sales center and models are at SSR.

It's very low-key without any of the heavy-handed sales techniques used by most timeshare sales people. There is no pressure to buy on the spot. I enjoyed it.

I would assume 2-hours to hear the pitch, view the models, ask your questions, and then get a free ice cream sundae.

Here we go again...
06-13-2007, 06:20 PM
Pitch, what pitch?

We went and it was about an hour start to finish.

Ken brought us into a seating area for introductions, told us a little about himself and the DVC.
Next, we went to see some of the rooms. That takes only as long as you want to spend.
Then, we stopped to pick up some books with pricing and points information and off to eat our sundae.

Very informative but very low keyed. We ended up buying into DVC from home 2 months later. We called Ken about 30 times with questions and he was wonderful.

kris10399
06-13-2007, 06:29 PM
We had Ken too and it was about an hour. I even felt he was looking at his watch by the end. A busy day for him I'm sure. He had gone on vacation that following week. We never even got a follow-up call hounding us about a decision.
Needless to say, that was October and we just bought a resale last month.