PDA

View Full Version : Relocated??

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 11:53 PM
Has anyone relocated their family just to be closer to DW or DL? And than found after that? I always joke with my husband, that we need to do it. And I have told him my plan is for us to retire to Orlando and get jobs at DW. And get a nice place so the kids and grandkids will want to come and visit.

TennesseeTink
06-13-2007, 08:51 AM
I joke with my husband about this all the time. Can you think of a better place to retire? Not me.:thumbsup: However, I'm afraid that if we live that close, we'd never stay at the resorts, which to me is part of the whole Disney experience. You know, never leaving property for a whole week, being completely Disney-fied.

bleukarma
06-13-2007, 01:04 PM
I didn’t technically relocate, I grew up in Tampa and then I moved to Cincinnati for two years. I decided to move back after I finished school and WDW was a big part of it! Now I live a little east of Tampa…I’m slowing itching closer and closer to the parks! But yes, WDW was a big factor since I want to work for Disney corporate one day. :thumbsup::mickey:

Disneymom4ever
06-13-2007, 06:49 PM
Well, we moved to NC from Wa state almost a year ago, and one of the main reasons for me was to be closer to DW. I guess we didn't move close enough, because we have yet to make it there! (Although we are planning a trip in Aug.). But yes, I recently informed my DH that I came up with a great plan when the kids are gone (7 yrs.). I want to move down near DW, and then be able to hop over to the parks anytime we want! We'll see, it sounds good to me! :thumbsup:

NewmanFamily6
06-13-2007, 06:57 PM
My DH & I really considered FL but he has been with Rite Aid a long time and doesn't want to switch companies. Unfortunately they have no stores in FL. Although I will be finished with nursing school in another 2 years & then we will probably move to NC. It isn't FL but it is 1 state closer than now:mickey:

BashfulMom
06-14-2007, 10:18 AM
I didn’t technically relocate, I grew up in Tampa and then I moved to Cincinnati for two years. I decided to move back after I finished school and WDW was a big part of it! Now I live a little east of Tampa…I’m slowing itching closer and closer to the parks! But yes, WDW was a big factor since I want to work for Disney corporate one day. :thumbsup::mickey:

I have been trying to return to WDW since I left in '93. I would love to move back.

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 05:28 PM
My DH and talk about retiring and relocating to Orlando to work @ WDW. But it's no joke! We have every intention (if possible) to make that dream come true. It's nice to dream , and to share the same dream w/my sweetie is twice as nice!:cloud9: