PDA

View Full Version : New Reservation System in 2008??

DisneyDudet
06-12-2007, 11:38 PM
What is this about a new reservation system?

Say I want to go to Disney and the first two nights are in value, then the last 3 are in holiday season.... well.. now I will pay my first two nights the value season price, then the last 3 are holiday price... No longer will you get to keep the cheapest season. I guess that helps if you go from holiday to value...

Also, I heard they will have premium prices for nights that are considered premium, like weekends and maybe actual holiday nights.

This would mean we could possibly pay a different rate for a 5 night stay each night.

What is the credibility on this rumor???

Please... I think this would be HORRIBLE!

snifflesmcg
06-13-2007, 12:19 AM
I found this on another site.....

Major changes are coming to the hotel reservation system beginning June 23, 2007. At that time, a new program will be instituted for all reservations beginning January 1, 2008. Pricing and rates for 2008 Walt Disney World hotels will become date specific.

Here's how it effects your budget: You will pay a nightly rate based on the season of that date. If you reserve night 1 under the value season and nights 2-5 under peak season, you will no longer be able to maintain the value season rate for the entire reservation.

Premium rates will now be applied for premium dates. A weekend may be considered premium so that friday and saturday night pricing may be higher than sunday - thursday, even if in the same "season".

In theory, you could be paying a different price for each night of your stay.

The upside, if there is one, is that you no longer have to split reservations and recheck into your hotel.

No word on how this may effect Annual Passholder rates.

When making room only reservations for 2008 you must specifically ask for the rate for each night otherwise you will just be given a total price for your stay. Package pricing will not be broken down by day.

DizneyRox
06-13-2007, 05:36 AM
While I don't necessarily like this, it's the way everyone else handles reservations. It's about time Disney catches up.

Airlines charge more for "premium" travel dates. Gas going up around "premium" travel dates. Even DVC works the same way. weekends cost more points than weekdays.

This will probably help those that need to travel on weekends actually find rooms to stay in. And the bargain hunters will settles on the less expensive days.

Carol
06-13-2007, 06:43 AM
This is already being discussed at length in the Accommodations forum (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=1318059#post1318059). I'm going to direct everyone there to make it easy for all to follow along.