PDA

View Full Version : Could you miss the parades and live with yourself?

Dakota Rose
06-12-2007, 10:57 PM
I'm a parade junkie, especially when it comes to Disney parades. I never tire of seeing them, whether they're a classic like MSEP or Spectro, or a new one. But recently friends went to the World and didn't see a single parade. They planned it that way, even. Can you imagine missing Spectro? Or Jammin' Jungle? Or Dreams? Or all of them????????? I can't! Especially if it was my first trip, as it was their's, and more than likely their only trip. I just can't imagine foregoing the parades. What about you?

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 11:44 PM
Before we had kids we would try to make the parade but we never made it a priority so we never saw it. We went last time with kids so I saw every parade but MGM, but I feel like a saw it through the pictures by my family. Next time we go I think we are going to make them a priority because the kids are at the right age.

dixielandings
06-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Honestly, they all pale for me compared to the original Light Parade (MSEP). I don't specifically make time for any of them now but I enjoy them when I happen to watch. There's no other parade worth watching (other than Macy's Thanksgiving) than a Disney Parade!

rnin02
06-13-2007, 02:46 AM
Honestly, we just saw MGM's parade for the 1st time last year, I've seen Spectromagic just for a few mins while trying to leave MK, and we've seen bits and pieces of Jammin' Jungle. THe afternoon one at MK we did see once or twice, and of course the special edition for MNSSHP we saw. But we don't make it a priority at all...maybe if we had kids it would be more of one.

mrsgaribaldi
06-13-2007, 03:27 AM
We never see the parades, sorry:secret:

merlinmagic4
06-13-2007, 06:56 AM
The parades haven't been a huge priority for us. None of us like to stand around and wait for an hour or so, especially me. We did see the MK parade in August. It was the only time I really felt the heat! I would love to see Spectromagic but haven't yet!

SBETigg
06-13-2007, 07:33 AM
It would be a shame to miss the parades entirely, especially for a first and only visit. I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking they are like regular parades, and they're so different-- especially the nighttime events.

But, that said, we've been known to skip a few parades. The afternoon ones don't really thrill us now that the kids are older. We'll catch Spectromagic once or twice a trip, but we feel that we've done that enough now too. Instead of getting a seat and waiting, we plan to catch it in passing this time, and only once at that. We've decided to skip Fantasmic all together this next trip. Parade and show times are great times to enjoy attractions without huge lines. Some people are more about the shows and parades. We're more about the rides.

Dakota Rose
06-13-2007, 10:15 AM
Looks like there's more folks like them than like me! :blush: I'm a sap for the parades. I've never missed one, and they "move" me so much that I cry every time. I know, even I :rolleyes: at myself for that.

On our last trip we didn't have to hold a spot/wait that long before the parades, but in the past we've sat there for an hour and that's when we've had some of the greatest CM experiences. Like when two guys in Frontierland comandeered an ice cream cart and pretended to be Spectro. Or when a CM came up to my hubby (then bf) and proceeded to talk to him as if he really was the Mad Hatter b/c of his hat.

So, if I'm one of the few (so it seems) Intercotees who sits thru every parade, who are all those other people sitting there with me? :scratch:

:D

Dyanna
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
The only parade we actually watch is Spectromagic. We usually take advantage of the shorter lines on the rides while everyone else is watching the parade. However we will be watching the MNSSHP Parade:mpumpkin: this year as this is our 1st time at this event & heard it was great.

thrillme
06-13-2007, 10:34 AM
We've caught the parades a couple of time. Neither my DS nor I have the attention span to last through them. But...We LOVE them because it lightens up the lines for the rides.:D

Momof2boys
06-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Our must-see parades are Spectro and Jammin Jungle . . . most trips we see the others because the time works for us but those 2 are the only ones we make plans around.

scottgr
06-13-2007, 03:56 PM
I have seen most of the parades over the years. When I went with just my DW before my DD was born we would catch a few mins of the parade and then run to a ride while the lines were light. When I went last year with my DD we tried to catch as many as we could. She loves them. :mickey:

5fromabove
06-13-2007, 05:15 PM
Last time we went we were able to see Jammin' Jungle and Spectromagic as well as the MNSSHP one. My DH is NOT a parade fan AT ALL...but I've gotten him to agree to see Spectromagic again. Neither of us particularly care for that claustrophobic feeling we get with people all cramming on top of you trying to see the same thing. HOWEVER, our kids love the parades. They still rave about Spectromagic. SO, I guess my rambling answer is that Yes we did try to see them last time...and no we probably won't see them ALL this Fall. However, I do want to see Spectromagic again. It is simply beautiful with all of the pretty lights and I can see see my kids eyes lighting up as the floats went by. :mickey:

disneygirlie11
06-13-2007, 06:52 PM
I almost NEVER see the parades! As long as the rides have little to no lines during the parades, I'll keep missing them :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
06-13-2007, 07:05 PM
I love the parades! :mickey: They are a special part of the magical atmosphere of WDW. I can't imagine not seeing them! Also, I wish they would bring back some type of parade to EPCOT!:thumbsup:

Mickey91
06-13-2007, 10:38 PM
Hi Dakota Rose! We watch'em with ya! I hate to miss the parades!

Wolf
06-13-2007, 11:15 PM
Actually I dont think we have ever seen any parade except the MNSSHP one (those gravediggers are HOTTTT:blush:) We usually take that time to sneak on HM, POTC, and Space Mountain with minimal waits. But look at it this way: we are 2 less people yall gotta worry bout gettin in yalls view :number1:

snifflesmcg
06-13-2007, 11:21 PM
Parades aren't my number one priority. In the past, I didn't see them because I was on a time constraint and I'd rather see the rides. Riding in rides are a breeze during parades because there is less of a wait. Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled when I catch them though.

TiggerRPh
06-14-2007, 12:52 AM
I see them for a time or two when they're new...then we skip them. It used to be that they only ran the parades for a few years before they got replaced.

I've grown tired of the current batch of parades.

kaerbear178
06-14-2007, 01:03 AM
I like to watch if I happen to be in the area but I don't seek out a spot or anything. If I miss them I'm not upset. When I have kids I am sure that I will make sure to catch them.

SpecJoe Magic
06-14-2007, 03:04 AM
We usually watch Spectro Magic, but we don't seek out a spot beforehand. We just stand several feet behind the people that are at the edge of the sidewalk and watch it from a distance. Besides, I'm 6'9'' tall, and I can typically see over everyone anyway. :D We both like Stars and Motor Cars, but we only make a point to watch it sometimes. We only watch the other day parades if we happen by chance to be in an area when they are passing through.

Diznee4Me
06-14-2007, 10:35 AM
We usually use parade time to ride the rides!:blush:On ocassion we watch bits and pieces here and there but don't really make time for a whole parade. The teens (and the DW and I) would rather ride!

Dedivah
06-16-2007, 04:31 PM
I almost NEVER see the parades! As long as the rides have little to no lines during the parades, I'll keep missing them :thumbsup:

Same Here!!! :woohoo:

We are ride people. We saw 1 parade last year. DD had just made 2 and didn't care one way or the other. Next time she will be 5 on that trip and we'll see how she feels then.

January-2007
06-16-2007, 05:17 PM
In the last three trips we've taken we've only watched 2 parades. In January we watched SpectroMagic, getting there way early and sitting on the curb, Main Stree USA, for a primo spot. Then this past May we were entering the park and heading straight to the Sci Fi for lunch when we could get no further and decided to just stop and watch the parade from around Sounds Dangerous. We enjoyed it, although I've never ever seen Kermit the Frog like that, why do they make his head so big? In January we waited on the curb for the 3:00 parade but it just took too long to get to us so we left. But not before seeing Michael from Extreme Makeover, that was too cool! I think we'll try to watch the 3:00 parade again in September, but from Frontierland instead. The thing is, we're hardly ever in the parks at 3:00! We're usually back at the resort by then. We've seen the Family Fun Day parade at least 4 times in the last 3 trips also, maybe more. That's less structured, so we like it a lot. When I was younger my dad always wanted to go on the rides instead of watching the parades so I think I only saw like one parade on one of our trips out of so many. Funny, isn't it?

pook@wdw
06-16-2007, 05:17 PM
We usually don't scope out a prime spot to watch the parades. We've seen them all. But if the original MSEP were to return, we would not miss it!:cloud9:

Polynesian Dweller
06-17-2007, 12:15 AM
We don't really watch the parades anymore. As others have said its a good time to get on rides. Besides, to get good spots to view means you put in a lot of time just sitting or standing (1 or more in advance) and don't want to use up that kind of time.

We'll watch Spectromagic if its passing where we are but never watch the others.

kakn7294
06-17-2007, 02:06 AM
DH and I love SpectroMagic so we never miss that one, but the rest we can take or leave. Not that they aren't great, we just don't make it a priority to see them. In fact, we've never seen the Jammin' Jungle parade in it's entirety. We also don't seek out a spot hours before the parade. We usually just look for a decent spot where the girls can see about 1/2 hr or less before the start of the parade.

beksy
06-21-2007, 02:59 PM
The only parade we actually watch is Spectromagic. We usually take advantage of the shorter lines on the rides while everyone else is watching the parade. However we will be watching the MNSSHP Parade:mpumpkin: this year as this is our 1st time at this event & heard it was great.

I'm with you on on this. We will watch MNSSHP Parade and Spectro but the rest aren't really priorities. We usually opt for rides unless we're in the right place at the right time to catch one! Of course, we have always gone in July in the past and didn't want to stand out in the heat so that was a big factor too!

DizneyRox
06-21-2007, 03:29 PM
We don't bother with the parades. I saw the Remember The Magic parade back in 1997 or so, and the parades since then at MK have been pretty much the same floats, just new music. Definitely not worth missing good attraction time wating for.

AK throws a good parade. That one is worth the wait.

MGM is ho hum as well. Just keep adding another car for each movie, there's only so many time you can sit through that.

Epcot had a great thing with Tapestry of Nations, then Tapestry of Dreams, which was not as good as Nations, but still respectable. I miss the parades at Epcot, but the traffic jams did get old pretty fast.

Alpha Jeanie
06-21-2007, 04:03 PM
We love watching the parades. It just adds to the Disney magic. It's fun lining up on the curb and waiting in anticipation to see all the cool floats and ALL the characters in one spot!

We love the MGM parade and Spectromagic is my absolute favorite. We missed the parade at Animal Kingdom on our last trip but will definately fit it into our plans on the next trip.

:mickey:

crazypoohbear
06-22-2007, 01:40 AM
YEP!
I just commented to DS tonight while watching the travel channel on Disney that we had not seen the Jammin Jungle parade or the parade at MGM in years. So we could go without seeing the parades.

RAIDER
06-22-2007, 07:25 AM
Well ive been lucky enough to have seen most of the parades ...so i now tend to give them a miss and go on a ride or get something to eat as teh crowds wont be as packed :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
06-22-2007, 07:38 AM
I have seen enough of the Parades that during Parade times I try to ride the most popular rides since the lines may be slightly shorter :mickey: