PDA

View Full Version : Face Characters to wear Lanyards?

AliceinDisney
06-12-2007, 08:53 PM
I think this may get moved, not sure if its in the right spot. Anyway I heard that the face characters are going to be pressured to wear lanyards and trade pins with guests. Gosh I hope not, thats just way too money seeking and takes away from the magic. I hope they scrap this idea.

tink2006
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
I would think this would be very time consuming. I agree it would take away from the magic. I can't imagine a little girl having to wait for a pin trade to take place before she can give Cinderella a hug :nope: :sob: Hopefully this will not happen!

DisneyNut2005
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
That's just a stupid rumor that died a long time ago.

Please don't start it again.

snifflesmcg
06-13-2007, 12:24 AM
That's just a stupid rumor that died a long time ago.

Please don't start it again.

I don't think anyone is starting a rumor, they are just asking a question.

DDuck66
06-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Given the time restraints, I do not think that they (Disney) would do such a thing. Characters are usually only out for 20 minutes at a time before they go on break. Given that pin trading can take up to 4 or 5 minutes, that would only mean that 4 or 5 people would see a character during each session.
Surely Disney would realize that if kids do not get to interact with the characters, they will not spend as much money on character merchandise, photo memorabilia, etc.

LaDracul
06-13-2007, 11:06 AM
Wouldn't that take the magic away?

But I'm just gonna shove it under rumor.

AliceinDisney
06-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Sorry didn't mean to start up a dusty rumor. I read it on a website other than Intercot, and thought perhaps it was a rumor, but wanted clarification!

Thanks everyone!

plutoboy
06-16-2007, 12:55 AM
Even though it is just a rumor it is highly doubtful that this would ever happen. First off, as many others have mentioned, it takes away from the theming or magic of the character--Aladdin and Cruella didn't wear lanyards in their movies so why would they do it in the parks. The other and again mentioned is time constraints.....the face characters are out longer than the fur characters but still there is no time for pin trading.

HOnestly I see pin trading as a requirement going away soon....it was a great interaction piece if you had time and with Lee Cockrell long gone ( who was the main force behind pin trading) it's time could be coming to an end.