PDA

View Full Version : New experiences in DW with your kids

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 06:45 PM
We are going to DW in September almost a year after our last visit. So of course our kids will be older. I am so excited to take them and see their reactions to things.

As kids get older and taller its fun to have new experiences with them.

What are you looking forward to doing with your kids on your next trip.

For me my twin girls will be 17 months.

One of the girls we got her a squirt stuffed animal, and when I was watching the DW vacation video she got excited when she saw Crush. So I am so excited to see her reaction to that.

Our second is a screamer, when she gets excited she has a high piercing scream. I am excited to see what the first thing is that makes her scream.

jodijo
06-12-2007, 07:33 PM
Thanks for starting this topic. It really got me thinking. I think I am looking forward to riding Tower of Terror over and over again with my daughter. With my son, I looking forward to seeing him experience his 13th BDay at WDW.

Suz36
06-12-2007, 08:48 PM
My DS has really gotten into pirates, so I'm looking forward to POTC with him. My DD loves Beauty and the Beast, so I'm looking forward to Storytime with Belle for her - I hope she gets picked to perform! Is it December yet?????

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-12-2007, 09:36 PM
My oldest DS loves Epcot. Everything about it. I can't wait to see his face on our first day there. Especially on Test Track, he loves it!

My middle guy loves POTC and Splash Mountain. His reaction to the big drop on Splash makes my whole trip! I usually take him on it 4 or 5 times in a row before DH and the other kids make us go on something else. ;)

Taylor, our little Princess, loves having dinner in Akershus. The look on her face is priceless when Cinderella (who has been there the past two years!!) or any of the Princesses come in. She is also a HUGE Dumbo fan so just seeing the ride makes her day. The biggest thing I am looking forward to with her...Her visit to BBB for the castle package in Cinderella's castle. She can't wait and I know she is going to flip!!:cloud9:

We are also really excited for our first MNSSHP. We are going on our first night there, Sept.14th. :mpumpkin:

Great thread.

pshokie
06-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I am of two minds about this one...

I cannot wait for my kids to be old enough to do "tamer" of the big rides. POTC, BTMRR, HM, etc. Eventually moving up to SM, ToT, EE, etc. :thumbsup: My DS is just about to turn 1, and DD turned 4 on our last trip. She is not a thrill seeker like some her age. The wildest ride we went on was Peter Pan, and she was still a little scared (dark and heights). So there is a ton of stuff we did not even see because we felt it was just beyond her limits (SSE for example).

But man, I am going to miss these days. Slower pace, taking our time to see the things that people just "zip by". Like the 10 minutes we spent in Tink's Shop, just watching Tink fly around the shop. Or feeding ducks, or just regular old-fashion playing in Toontown.

Getting sad about it already. :sad:

grumpycajun
06-13-2007, 05:48 PM
DW and DD went on ToT last year. DS and I chickened out.:blush: This year we're both going to go for it. I can't wait. I think...:(

tinksmom02
06-13-2007, 08:47 PM
DD4 only became obsessed with pirates after riding POTC in January, so I can't wait for her to ride it again, and experience it AFTER watchng the movies, plus I know she's going to go nuts for Capt Jack's pirate tutorial.

I made an ADR for her at BBB, just hair and nails, I think, but i haven't told her, so that'll be a nice surprise for her.

But I agree with pshokie about time moving too fast. I actually teared up at Playhouse Disney live on stage in january, because I thought it would be the last time it would be age-appropriate for DD. LOL Little did I know we'd be heading back in Sept, and she'll probably still want to see it!