PDA

View Full Version : West Gate Lakes Resort

allie_to_you
06-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Has anyone stayed here? Any opinions, advice? My DH & I are staying here as guests of owners of one of the timeshares. From the website and pictures it looks like a nice place but we have heard a lot of different reviews.

crazeedizneefinatic
06-12-2007, 07:31 PM
We stayed there a few years back. We had a 2 bedroom. The master bedroom had a beautiful whirlpool my son called the swimming pool. It also had the biggest glass enclosed shower. The 2nd bedroom was 2 beds and a bath. They had a living room with a big screen tv. It also had a kitchen and dining area and washers and dryers. The balcony was screened so you did not have to worry about flying things getting in. I can remember the resort having some special programs for the guests. The unit we had was very clean and well maintained. If I had to stay off site again I would choose it.

Toodle
06-12-2007, 07:59 PM
We stayed there a couple of years ago. At that time it was a timeshare that allowed people to book rooms for the night even if they were not owners. We did not care for it - we got it through a bid on Hotwire. The rooms were clean and large and it did have a screened in porch but we prefer a hotel when we are vacationing - this felt more like an apartment.

FortheloveofStitch
06-13-2007, 11:04 AM
We stayed in a freinds timeshare a couple of years ago and thought it was wonderful. There were 7 of us between two families and there was plenty of room for everyone. We were only about 10 minutes from the parks. We would consider staying here again if the opportunity was available.:mickey:

Dedivah
06-15-2007, 01:08 AM
We are owners at Westgate Lakes. The property is beautiful and the rooms are very pretty. The food is not great so plan to cook in or eat off property.

Don't worry about the reveiws, you are going to get mixed reveiws about every thing. So go and enjoy yourself.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2007, 10:45 PM
A friend of mine owns time share there and a coworkers parents own there as well. I've only heard good things from them.

Pirate Granny
06-15-2007, 11:32 PM
We were there over Xmas...they are nice, and there is a back road into the parks you come out on the road between AKL and AK...it's so much quicker than going to the main road.
ENJOY
:pirate: