PDA

View Full Version : Which Water Park?

NJMan66
06-12-2007, 04:19 PM
On my next visit to WDW, I am staying away from the theme parks, but I do want to go to a Water Park. I just can't figure out which one is "better" for my family.

Here is what is influencing my decision:

My 6 yr old is only 42 inches tall.
My 9 yr old hates heights.
My family is not "type A" and would like to spend our time at two or three locations within a water park.

Your comments and suggestions always help me plan and I am grateful for them. Thank you.

DisneyFreak23
06-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Typhoon Lagoon.

I would go there. Blizzard beach has too many rides that probably fit into the 'too high' category with your DD

In fact, I am going there in 87 days!:mickey:

Dawnya
06-12-2007, 04:59 PM
Until recently, my kids weren't too high on water slides and rides at water parks. We always liked Typhoon Lagoon b/c of the wave pool. All 3 of my kids LOVE the wave pool and would spend all day in it.

IDreamofEeyore
06-12-2007, 05:26 PM
I agree with the others...TL is relaxing with a tropical feel. The wave pool is great. I'd also recommend Castaway Creek and Shark Reef since your guys don't really do heights.

CaptSmee
06-12-2007, 05:58 PM
Typhoon Lagoon is far superior to Blizzard Beach.

tadshome
06-12-2007, 06:18 PM
I would have to agree with all of the above. Typhoon lagoon is much better for families and has a more relaxed feel about it :thumbsup:

LudwigVonDrake
06-13-2007, 05:00 AM
Typhoon Lagoon. :swim:

ResQRanger82
06-13-2007, 10:22 AM
I love both, but considering your situation I would also say Typhoon Lagoon - although I think Blizzard Beach would also be a fine choice. The wave pool itself is enough to keep me going all day long. In fact, for as many times as I've been there, I'm first deciding to try some of the slides on my next trip. Usually, I'm just in the wave pool all day!

NJMan66
06-13-2007, 04:06 PM
Looks like we are going to Typhoon Lagoon. Horray! This will be my family's first time at this or any Disney water park.

Thanks again for all your comments.:thumbsup:

Pinoke68
06-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Another vote for Typhoon Lagoon. :mickey:

thejens
06-15-2007, 08:48 PM
I also agree with TL and can suggest three areas to explore. We loved the wave pool and the lazy river. Ketchakiddie creek is also great for kids your age. My 10, 9, 6 and three year old boys all found areas to enjoy while the adults rested with drinks. Then the more adventurous of us went on three close by raft rides which were not at all scary, high, or upsetting. Just windy little rides with a few opportunities to be splashed. We intended to do more, but found ourselves too relaxed. I was against going to a water park, but am a convert now.

mainemajor
06-28-2007, 05:14 PM
TL is the way to go. Wave pool baby :thumbsup::thumbsup: Your kids will love it and it is so relaxing

mttafire
06-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Looks like we are going to Typhoon Lagoon. Horray! This will be my family's first time at this or any Disney water park.

Thanks again for all your comments.:thumbsup:
You will LOVE T.L. IMHO, Its the best water park no matter the age. :thumbsup: