PDA

View Full Version : Name your favorite rest spots

dog-ears
06-12-2007, 01:53 PM
You know, a place in a park where you can sit down and "recharge" your energy - what are your favorite rest spots in the parks? :sleepin:

DH and I really enjoyed lounging on the porch in the rocking chairs in Frontierland in MK one time while we rested our feet a while - watching people is always a favorite pastime! :cool:

krose78
06-12-2007, 02:25 PM
In the disney studios in the smoking area by Star Tours. There is usually not too many smokers and it has nice benches and is shady.

January-2007
06-12-2007, 02:51 PM
We like the benches in Epcot, just looking out over the water is so lovely. Also in MGM on the street that goes towards the Tower of Terror, that's a nice place to park it on a bench and write for a while. In the Magic Kingdom it's always fun to catch a ride on the Tomorrowland Transit Authority to get a break from walking.

wedway fan
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
on main street in MK, first little "side street" cut-in on right. there used to be a fruit stand/cart there, don't think there is anymore. great spot to watch people go by.

also like the shady trees to the left just across the bridge to liberty square.

DisneyFreak23
06-12-2007, 03:06 PM
Im MK on main street there is an ice-cream shop, outside of it is a little place with a couple of tables. Last time i went i got an ice cream and just sat and people watched.

Nothing's better that people watching :spy: at the MK!!

:mickey3:

:stitch:

biodtl
06-12-2007, 03:16 PM
TTA - it's covered and you get a nice breeze, plus it's a ride. Also - you can often ride more than once when it's not crowded.

WVParkfan
06-12-2007, 03:22 PM
The smoking area in Animal Kingdom as soon as you cross the bridge into Asia. There is a little building on the right (nothing there, just looks like and old restaurant). Down below, beside the water, is a smoking area with tables and trees around it. We've stopped there many times, and have only seen one person there smoking. It seems like it is a "secret" place, but it is clearly marked on the map.

MushuMulan
06-12-2007, 03:29 PM
Spaceship Earth for me, it's air conditioned, slow and relaxing, not too loud, dark, you get to sit down, and usually a very short wait time.

LouRodriGIS
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
In Epcot I like to relax over in England with a Harp over by the water. In MK it seems like Liberty Square has the most shady areas and is always less hectic. We usally head into HOP to get some A/C and I almost always end up falling asleep during the show.

SBETigg
06-12-2007, 03:54 PM
TTA - it's covered and you get a nice breeze, plus it's a ride. Also - you can often ride more than once when it's not crowded.

Yes! And Spaceship Earth or Ellen's Energy Adventure in Epcot. I like to recharge on quieter attractions.

disneycouple2004
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Spaceship Earth for me, it's air conditioned, slow and relaxing, not too loud, dark, you get to sit down, and usually a very short wait time.

DITTO !!:thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
06-12-2007, 04:05 PM
spaceship earth ant tta are probably my favorite two, sound dangerous is a nice dark cool spot to sit and relax, so is hop and cop, theres alot i like :thumbsup:

grumpycajun
06-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Spaceship Earth and Carousel of Progress for us.

snifflesmcg
06-12-2007, 08:04 PM
I have to say that some of the most beautiful spots are where they stick the smokers. Right next to the castle in MK there is a great spot, in China in Epcot, there are benches, flowers and shade and my favorite is in UK. They have a small court yard with little english houses and flowers and benches. I rarely ever smoke (socially) but since I have bad feet, it gives me a good excuse to sit down.

TikiGoddess
06-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Sit down and REST?? No time to rest, TROOPS, we go COMMANDO!

No, seriously, here's our favorite places to rest:
1. People Mover (okay, TTA)
2. Carousel of Progress
3. Main Street Exposition Hall (back behind the entrance to Tony's)
4. By the jumping fountains in Epcot (Imagination Pavilion)
5. At a resort (leave the park at lunchtime, go to a resort to eat!)
6. AK: Flame Tree tables by the lake

TikiG

ibrowse17
06-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Hall of Presidents:sheep:
While not in a park, I have to mention the rocking chairs on the porch at Trail's End in Ft. Wilderness.

KAT1811
06-12-2007, 10:20 PM
TTA - it's covered and you get a nice breeze, plus it's a ride.

Love it. I'll admit I love to put my head back and close my eyes for a few minutes, power nap!!! :blush:

Love it!!! It'll be closed this trip and I'm heartbroken! :(

I have to say that some of the most beautiful spots are where they stick the smokers.

Why is that? I love the little covered deck area down the hill from TM. I sat off to the side (away from the smokers) last time with DD #2 (10 months at the time) while she napped in the stroller and the rest of us took turns on the mountains. I would have loved a rocker but there was a guy smoking like a chiminey in the next one. Oh well at least they are following the rules. :thumbsup:

garymacd
06-12-2007, 10:49 PM

Same for me. I actually used to fall asleep while the car was going up the beginning incline. That was before I found out I have sleep apnea. Now that I know I have sleep apnea, I still take advantage of that ride for a quick nap. Even my beloved wife fell asleep on that ride this past trip. Must have been that midnight viewing of POTC: At World's End.

RAIDER
06-13-2007, 03:37 AM
By the Ice Station in Epcot :thumbsup:

markb
06-13-2007, 03:37 AM
on main street in MK, first little "side street" cut-in on right. there used to be a fruit stand/cart there, don't think there is anymore. great spot to watch people go by.

Gotta agree with you there :thumbsup: That's our favourite place too. We love to eat breakfast there and watch the world rush by :cloud9:

BritCody
06-13-2007, 06:19 AM
Tomorrowland Transit Authority and the Hall of Presidents.

mainemajor
06-13-2007, 07:21 AM
Last year DW and I were roaming the MK and followed a path to the right of the castle down a slight hill to the water where there was a covered area with several benches. It looks like a boat launch, but isn't. There was a cool breese, the hustle of the kingdom was mutted, flowers blooming all around and of course ducks. They were so tame and did not pester us. It was as though they had gone there to recharge their own batteries. Verry peaceful.:cloud9:

LandFan
06-13-2007, 08:34 AM
MK:
TTA
Cosmic Ray's (listening to Sonny Eclipse)

EPCOT:
American Adventure
Cantina de San Angel

Studios:
Sci-Fi Dine in theatre

AK:
the tables by the lake down behind FlameTree BBQ

jenperich
06-13-2007, 09:18 AM
One of my favorite places to relax is in Cinderella's garden. It's just so peaceful in there, so easy to lose time in there. :-)

baldburke
06-13-2007, 09:41 AM
TTA

Michigander
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
Grabbing a beer :beer:from England's Rose and Crown and going to sit down in the side gardens by the lagoon. Sit back look out over the water drink my beer :beer: nice and slow :cloud9:and just breath in the beauty!!!!!!!:blush: Never, Never, Never wanting to return to the real world of Job, Kid's, Bill's, Bill's and Bill's.:secret:

beksy
06-13-2007, 11:31 AM
TTA, CoP, IASW, POTC in Mk and in Mexico on the ride at Epcot for us! Something about the A/C and Water seems to really rejuvinate us. :cloud9:

EvilQueen2006
06-13-2007, 12:03 PM
In Epcot, I love the outdoor seating and the :beer: in the UK and the :marg: in Mexico. SSE is another great way to rest.
In MK, TTA is the way to go! I also like a trip around the park on the railroad.
I don't find I need too much rest in MGM, due to all the sit down shows. I'm happy to be on my feet moving again when they end.
In AK, gotta go with the :beer: again at the bar in Africa.

Guya103
06-14-2007, 09:31 PM
Our favorite rest spots include air conditioned restaurants and attractions as we always visit in July. The American Experience lobby as well as Philharmagic and the COP are some of the true greats for cool air and tired legs! Not only are they some of our favorite attractions, they are wonderful breaks from the heat.:mickey:

Narawen
06-15-2007, 12:04 AM
TTA and Railroad at MK
Spaceship Earth at Epcot if there isnt a line
Benches in the Oasis at AK

DisneyorBust
06-16-2007, 08:00 AM
Love to relax on the TTA!
I also like to re-charge my batteries on SSE and the Hall of Presidents. With apologies to Walt, I have taken a nap (or two) on COP.:blush: