PDA

View Full Version : ADR Help!

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Okay, so were getting down to the wire, and leaving in a few days. I know its probably to late to change our ADRs but it is worth a shot..

The first wk of our trip is pretty much planned out by others since we are there for a wedding - so good thing we dont have to worry about ADRs for that!

But the next wk and a half is all up to us. Since we are getting down to the wire, i am having some reservations about our ADRS. Mainly about dinner at Tony's Town Square in the MK. It used to be a favorite of my families, but We haven't eaten there in years because we were so disapointed with how downhill the menu had gone over the years... so we just stopped going.

We have ressies at cape may cafe, narcoosees, california grill, the castle, ohana, canada, coral reef, artists point, and citricos.

so i was wondering if anyone might throw out some good suggestions that i could try to trade Tony's for. im just to afraid that we'll be disapointed yet again with our experience there. we are big fans of resort dining but would be willing to try anything if it sounds good enough. we've been to disney so many times at eaten at all of the restaurants more times than i can count that its hard to decide between them when it comes to making ADRs.

this is strickly for dinner (we dont make ADRs for other meals) and each meal is for a large party of 9+

i know i can count on my fellow intercot-ers to help me out!:mickey:

ResQRanger82
06-12-2007, 12:35 PM
I'd have to agree with you. The past few times we went to Tony's it was not as it used to be and we stopped going.

As far as other suggestions, have you thought about either Jiko or Boma at AKL? I would think both of them could accomodate your large group. Other than those, you're already going to most of my other favorites!!

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 12:55 PM
I have been tossing around the idea of Jiko at AKL because their wine selection is amaizing! It just stinks when you have a large party though because you can't sit at the bar - which is my favorite. But That is definetly one idea to think about... thank you for bringing that up!

As for Boma, it is one of our favorites as well... but we like to limit the number of buffets we do because a few ppl in our party are absolutly against buffets and it's like pulling teeth to get them to even go to one (cape may is a must for us hehe). Not that there is anything at all wrong with Boma, because my fiance and parents and i personally love it very much! But, its just the simple fact that we dont think we'll be able to get the rest of the group to consent to adding another buffet..

As you can see, this is the problem with traveling in large groups - pleasing everyone! Of course not everyone is going to be happy... but i am presenting the idea of Jiko to my co-planner (my older sister)

but i would still like other ideas incase that one gets shot down.

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 12:58 PM
oh and thanks for agreeing with me on Tonys (sorry for the double post) but its just been so disapointing the past few times we've eaten there as well. It was always a favorite restaurant for us ever since i was little, i even remember my mom having to buy those lady and the tramp salt and pepper shakers cause she thought they were so cute!
I remmeber specifically the last time we ate there that our food came out "warm-turning cool" and the spaghetti sauce seemed like it came out of a can... just the quality ofthe food overall has really gone down hill.

mrp4352
06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
We love the Concourse Steakhouse. I know, many don't. But we've always had lovely meals and good service. Plus it's just so cool to have the monorail overhead! :D

Also, if the make-up of your group is right, you might try Tea at the Grand Floridian.

Pocahontas
06-12-2007, 01:42 PM
One of my favorite resturants to go to in a large group is Whispering Cayon at the WLR. I have always found it fun and enjoy the food. There is also games for the children which makes it a great resturant for the children as well.

vamaggie
06-12-2007, 01:48 PM
The rest of your choices seem to be "grown up" type experiences. If there are kids in your group or you are looking for a less grown up meal I would also suggest WCC. The food is good and the atmosphere is fun. We also like Liberty Tree Tavern at the MK. Haven't tried Kona yet but from what I've read here it too is really good (looking forward to trying it on our upcoming trip)