PDA

View Full Version : How long from Disney to Tropicana Field?

Beckybalz
06-12-2007, 09:48 AM
Has anyone done the drive from Disney World to Tropicana Field (Devil Rays) in St. Petersburg? I am just wondering how long it takes. We will be doing the drive on a Sunday, if that matters.

Rockstar Boyfriends
06-12-2007, 11:26 AM
A drive from WDW to St. Petersburg will take about 2 to 2.5 hours, more or less. It's about an hour from WDW to Tampa and then about 45 to 1 hour from Tampa to St. Pete.

bleukarma
06-12-2007, 11:36 AM
Depending on traffic I say 2-2.5 hours is a good estimate. Make sure you plan in PLENTY of time to find parking!!! Sometimes I drive over to Tropicana Field to catch a game and I always miss an inning or two because of parking traffic around the field. If you get there early enough (which I would recommend) then you can get free parking right in front of the stadium. But the free parking lot fills up fast and then you are stuck with the thousands of other cars that are looking for alternate parking. It’s bumper to bumper traffic, its frustrating, and if I could then I would just get there very early and enjoy the sights and sounds (and food and beer!) of the stadium before the game starts.

Have fun! :mickey:

Beckybalz
06-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Thank you so much for your responses! I'm glad that I posted this question here - mapquest says that it is only 1.5 hours, so I probably would have only allowed 1 3/4 hours to get there. We are going to the Devil Rays vs. Red Sox game on July 29th. The game is at 1:40 PM and we DO NOT want to be late!!!! Maybe we should leave Disney around 10:30 AM.

caryrae
06-12-2007, 04:27 PM
Yeah my Mapsource software for my Garmin gps says about 88 miles and 1 1/2 hours. Of course it depends on traffic, stop lights, how fast you drive, ect.

bleukarma
06-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Thank you so much for your responses! I'm glad that I posted this question here - mapquest says that it is only 1.5 hours, so I probably would have only allowed 1 3/4 hours to get there. We are going to the Devil Rays vs. Red Sox game on July 29th. The game is at 1:40 PM and we DO NOT want to be late!!!! Maybe we should leave Disney around 10:30 AM.

Leaving between 10:30 and 11 sounds like a good idea, especially if you don't want to be late. You might run into a little bit of traffic at the I4/275 interchange because it tends to back up, especially on Sunday's when people are heading to Clearwater Beach. But after that you should be fine until you hit stadium traffic. Since you don't know the area I would just follow the traffic and signs until you get to the stadium (it's right off the highway). If the stadium parking is open, take it! If it isn't then God Bless You! Find the nearest open parking lot and pay whatever they are asking. The main thing is trying to find parking close. I've had to pay $10 to park across I75 before and it's not fun, especially when you know that free parking is right in front of the stadium.

I think if it wasn't for Tropicana Field parking then I would see more baseball games!

Last year I saw a Devil Rays/Red Sox game. Fun game!