PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #55

King Triton
06-12-2007, 08:44 AM
Time to spend some souvenir dollars, inside the park. Do you prefer Magic Kingdom's Emporium or Epcot's MouseGear?

Y100Q56 will be in the Accommodations thread, most likely on Wednesday.

RAIDER
06-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Mousegear for me i think they have a better overall variety :thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
06-12-2007, 08:49 AM
One morning we were in the Emporium looking for a sweatshirt for DH. He had left his jacket at the hotel and it was pretty cool that morning. A CM came up to us and asked us to be Grand Marshalls in the Share a Dream Come True Parade. The Emporium will always be my favorite gift shop in the parks after that.

177 more days!!
:mickey:

SBETigg
06-12-2007, 09:06 AM
Mousegear is great for those last-minute needs, but there's nothing like looking at your Disney souvenirs and knowing you bought them right in the midst of the magic, on Main Street at the Emporium.

Momof2boys
06-12-2007, 09:09 AM
MouseGear for us -- I think the layout is better and it's so much easier to browse at things. Last trip, our boys saw another family from school there and the cast members had all of them in silly hats doing the Hokey Pokey. They loved it.

beksy
06-12-2007, 09:16 AM
Everything is more magical and more "Disney" for me at the MK, including the shops, so I had to go with the Emporium! I love everything at the MK! :mickey:

auntfrannie
06-12-2007, 09:21 AM
MouseGear for us -- I think the layout is better and it's so much easier to browse at things. Last trip, our boys saw another family from school there and the cast members had all of them in silly hats doing the Hokey Pokey. They loved it.

I always get lost & confused in Mousegears. Maybe I need to spend more time there getting the lay of the land! :mickey:

DDuck66
06-12-2007, 09:27 AM
I tend to favor MouseGear at EPCOT. I always seem to find more of the items I am looking for, and it never seems to have that hectic, Christmas Eve shopping feel to it. I do not feel as rushed as we peruse the different areas like I do while at the MK.

mrsgaribaldi
06-12-2007, 09:30 AM
I prefer the store in Epcot:thumbsup:

DisneyFreak23
06-12-2007, 09:33 AM
Everything is more magical and more "Disney" for me at the MK, including the shops, so I had to go with the Emporium! I love everything at the MK! :mickey:

My thoughts exactly! Everything DOES feel more magical in MK for me too!:mickey3:

KAT1811
06-12-2007, 09:40 AM
I said Mousegears because it is much easier for me to navigate with the stroller. For some reason, even when it's busy, it seems less congested than the Emporium.

DizNee143
06-12-2007, 09:42 AM
MouseGears!!!! i LOVE this store!! its my favorite and after mousegears its WOD...
its just a great store and i look forward going there everytime im in Epcot...i cant really explain why i like it so much i just know i do!! its the greatest store!!! :mickey:

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-12-2007, 09:59 AM
This was a hard choice, I have had great luck with both stores.

I chose Main Street, as I agree with previous posters that there is something more magical about MK. Also, I find the straight-line store layout a little easier to shop.

Kairi_7378
06-12-2007, 10:01 AM
I think MouseGear is better organized than the Emporium. (And way easier to navigate than World of Disney.) It seems a tad bit out of place though... I expect to find Mickey stuff in the MK not Epcot.

johnO
06-12-2007, 10:17 AM
Tough call. Both great stores but I think it comes down to atmosphere for me. Main Street in MK is so awesome. How do you beat that? I love Epcot it's an amazing place but it's still #2 when compared to MK.

:mickey:

Spaceship Tigger
06-12-2007, 10:24 AM
I said Mousegears because it is much easier for me to navigate with the stroller. For some reason, even when it's busy, it seems less congested than the Emporium.

I was thinking the exact same thing. I loved Mousegear before we had children, but now with a stroller it seems much less jammed with people than the Emporium.

pshokie
06-12-2007, 10:39 AM
Had to vote for Emporium, simply because I do not even know where MouseGears is located in Epcot.

I am a sad, sad man. :shake:

tshlw
06-12-2007, 10:42 AM
I love MouseGear and could spend and have a fortune in there. But I guess part of it is do to the fact I love Epcot so there is so much great Epcot stuff and a great selection of clothes.

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 10:43 AM
the emporium used to be the place to shop - but over the years disney merchandise all over has gone down hill... but i do tend to find a few better products at mousegear - usually good watches and tshirts.

kgoulash
06-12-2007, 11:09 AM
mousegears!
i like walking through the emporium but i seem to get more shopping done at epcot

Tynkerbelle
06-12-2007, 11:10 AM
I voted for Emporium. I like their selection and overall atmosphere. Like the other Emporium voters, I think MK is the epitome of Disney magic!

I do agree with others, though, that it does always seem so much more crowded than Mousegears.

Scar
06-12-2007, 11:27 AM
Mousegears.

I don't shop so I based my answer on the fact that if I'm in Mousegears, I'm less than a five minute walk to World Showcase, but if I'm in the Emporium, it's like a half hour away. :D

DNS
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
I went with Mousegear since I always seem to spend more time there.

DREAMADREAM93
06-12-2007, 12:13 PM
The Emporium! It's our hideout after Wishes! while we wait for crowds to slow down and we end up blowing a ton in there...and the candy shop ! :thumbsup:

JOrdan :]

Eeyore Phan
06-12-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm pleasantly surprised to see this being such a close vote. I thought Emporium would run away with this one!

I did vote for Emporium. Yes, while I usually find it to be more congested, everything just feels like it has more magic in it right off Main St. in the MK.

Figment78
06-12-2007, 12:24 PM
Emporium! For 2 reasons:

1. I like the main street shopping atmosphere. Part of the reason I shop in disney is for the fun of shopping, not b/c I have a purchase in mind, so I like being on mainstreet for that. But when I do have a specific or generic souvenir purchase to make though, I'll trek over to World of Disney in DTD b/c of the discount.

2. By the time we pass MouseGears on the way out of Epcot, I've already spent too much in the World Showcase!:D

KAJUNKING
06-12-2007, 02:19 PM
mousegear for me:thumbsup:

Tygger7
06-12-2007, 02:39 PM
I tend to favor MouseGear at EPCOT. I always seem to find more of the items I am looking for, and it never seems to have that hectic, Christmas Eve shopping feel to it. I do not feel as rushed as we peruse the different areas like I do while at the MK.

It's funny, everyone's different tastes. :D I love the hectic, Christmas Eve shopping feel of the Emporium. I really like MouseGears too...but there's just something about shopping in the Magic Kingdom. And, the candy shop is close too...always have to make a last minute stop there too. :cloud9:

jenperich
06-12-2007, 02:46 PM
There is nothing better than the Emporium!! I absolutely love it there, and it's my favorite shop anywhere.

Jared
06-12-2007, 02:55 PM
I spend more time at MouseGear. My family rarely shops at the Magic Kingdom.

BrerSchultzy
06-12-2007, 03:48 PM
I went with MouseGear, simply because of the benches outside of MouseGear....that's where the Schultz Clan meets...and has since it was Communicore. That, and on a hot day, there's nothing like the BLAST of cold air coming out of MouseGears every time someone walks through the automatic doors.

Mickey91
06-12-2007, 04:10 PM
Wow, that was hard! They are my two favorite stores! I don't like to miss either one! While I am generally an MK gal, I had to go with Mousegears. Merchandise is easier to find and get to. The layout is way better. The Emporium seems to bottleneck everything and you're on top of other people and really don't have the freedom to browse. Mousegears seems more layed back and open. :mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-12-2007, 06:13 PM
MouseGear---Just something about it that I like!:mickey:

LoriMistress
06-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I voted for MouseGear. Our backpack broke right when I met Donald Duck. I had the backpack for about three years prior (it was my favorite.) Right in front of us was MouseGear and we found our backpack immediately. Ít was a lot better and more comfortable to lug around.

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2007, 08:01 PM
I wholeheartedly agree that MK is the epitome of the Disney magic, but the layout and selection at MouseGears is better in my mind!:mickey:

2Epcot
06-12-2007, 08:09 PM
My choice is MouseGear, have to get the newest Epcot stuff on each trip.

WDWfeelslikehome
06-12-2007, 09:16 PM
No store will beat Mousegear for us. We actually spent part of a lazy day there a few years back, and we managed to cover all of our gifts for the entire year, as we bought little knick knacks for birthdays, special days, and holidays, for all of our family. We "convinced" ourselves too that we "earned" money while doing this as we made the purchase with the Disney Visa. It's wonderful how you can justify anything in the World of the Mouse if you try hard enough.;)

tinksmom02
06-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Had to vote for Emporium, simply because I do not even know where MouseGears is located in Epcot.

I am a sad, sad man. :shake:

Well, I'm a sad, sad woman, because I haven't shopped at either one! :blush:

BritCody
06-13-2007, 06:22 AM
For me it is the Emporium. We tour the Mk more than Epcot

TIdoubleGR
06-13-2007, 08:17 AM
MouseGears for me-- I feel like the store is more well laid out and I dig the FutureWorld music they pipe in :thumbsup:

Figgyluv03
06-13-2007, 12:32 PM
MouseGears! I could spend hours in there!!!

c&d
06-13-2007, 12:46 PM
I tend to find more of what I'm looking for giftwise at MouseGear so I voted for that.

bleukarma
06-13-2007, 12:49 PM
MouseGears for me! I hate the people on top of people feel at the Emporium. And since Epcot is my favorite park I tend to enjoy the MouseGears merchandise better.

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Emporium! That's the best pin trading spot in all of WDW!
:goofy:

CuteAsMinnie
08-02-2007, 08:16 PM
Emporium!! :mickey:

squishy445
08-05-2007, 10:05 PM
Emporium all the way! There are more cashiers in there then most of the other stores combined.

mainemajor
08-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Have had better luck and service at Mousegears