PDA

View Full Version : Discounted Broadway tickets?

Beckybalz
06-12-2007, 07:56 AM
I am planning on taking a trip from MA to NYC to see Wicked. Is there any way to get discounted tickets to this show?

Strmchsr
06-12-2007, 08:35 AM
I don't know about beforehand, but there are a few kiosks around Times Square that sell discounted tickets. However, they are usually day of only and you may not want to take that chance.

princessesmom
06-12-2007, 09:25 AM
I doubt you will be able to get discounted tickets to that particular show. It is very popular. I get a discount guide thru work and that show is never listed. It is listed for the premium service though, which means they will get you good tickets to hard to get shows for a premium price. If you're set on that show, I would get tickets now. If you're more flexible, you can go to TKTS the day of show and get something for 1/2 price.

PrincessEmmasMommy
06-12-2007, 09:34 AM
If you search for Discounted Broadway Tickets you can subscribe to many of the sites where they send you discounts for many of the popular shows. The main one is Playbill's site. You will get a lot of deals through there.
Good luck!
Jen

Beckybalz
06-12-2007, 09:39 AM
How does getting the 1/2 price tickets the day of the show work? We may decide on another show if we can get a good deal on something else.

princessesmom
06-12-2007, 01:08 PM
The 1/2 price day of show tickets are sold in Time Square at TKTS. Do a google on TKTS tickets and the web site will come up. You simply show up and wait in line. They have a listing of what shows they have tickets for that day. They do not take credit cards, you will need cash or traveler's checks. They always have tickets to several shows. If you are flexible and do not need to see one of the really hot shows, you'll be able to find something.