PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

NotaGeek
06-12-2007, 03:36 AM
Opens Nationwide June 15 (this Friday!)

Anyone else excited for this movie? I loved the Fantastic Four, it was my favorite comic in my youth, I even had the lunch box back in the day!

Check out the Yahoo Movies Page (http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809699127/info) for the trailers, etc.

Here's the coolest movie poster:

Mickey'sGirl
06-12-2007, 08:17 AM
We're going with our boys on Saturday (to their friend's birthday party). They are quite excited about it...and I wont mind seeing it...but I really am looking forward to seeing Ioan Gruffudd on the big screen :heart: .

Did you keep your lunch pack? You should look on EBay or the likes to find one ...

LaDracul
06-12-2007, 09:41 AM
I really do like those movies. Especially since Chris Evans is the perfect smarta-- as Johnny. :D

2Epcot
06-12-2007, 11:30 AM
Anyone else excited for this movie? I loved the Fantastic Four, it was my favorite comic in my youth, I even had the lunch box back in the day!

Michael I never knew the comic before the first movie came out. I liked the movie, though I don't consider myself a huge fan. I spent all day yesterday editing Fantastic Four interviews from their London press junket. I will probably go see it when my brother and his family come. My niece and nephew are huge fans. The effects look great ... my favorite effect being Jessica Alba. :)

NotaGeek
06-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Michael I never knew the comic before the first movie came out. I liked the movie, though I don't consider myself a huge fan. I spent all day yesterday editing Fantastic Four interviews from their London press junket. I will probably go see it when my brother and his family come. My niece and nephew are huge fans. The effects look great ... my favorite effect being Jessica Alba. :)

Chris Evans is my favorite (duh) ... any cool shots you might have left over, feel free to send them! :)

NotaGeek
06-16-2007, 09:29 PM
:clappy:

I won't say it's the best movie I have ever seen, but I definitely enjoyed it! It runs only 86 minutes, so it was GREAT getting back to movies that you don't feel like you need an intermission to hit the bathroom! :thumbsup:

My one complaint is Jessica Alba, she looked SO creepy with her bad hair and blue contacts. :ack:

Fun for everyone!

DisneyJunkie
06-18-2007, 06:05 AM
I admit that I mildly enjoyed the first film, and after having watched the sequel, I have to admit that all-in-all, it was about the same as the first one as far as being enjoyable. What was truly lame about it, aside from all the product placement scattered throughout, was Jessica Alba's horrible acting, and ridiculous ending that didn't make a whole lot of sense. I don't say all of this from the standpoint of someone who knows all about the FF from the comics, because I don't. I say it from someone who's seen both movies and mildly enjoyed them. I will give a lot of credit to the team who came up with the CGI Silver Surfer.....it really looked and moved quite realistically. But aside from Alba's poor acting ability, her contact lenses made her look a bit creepy. And, again with Mr. Fantastic, a lot of his stretching was poor CGI compared to the first film. Dr. Doom was quite lame as well. It's too bad the first film was PG-13, and then this one was just PG, because I'm sure they could have done a bit better with it, both the humor and the action.

Mickey'sGirl
06-18-2007, 11:02 AM
My one complaint is Jessica Alba, she looked SO creepy with her bad hair and blue contacts. :ack:I agree completely..... It wasn't as bad when she had her hair pulled back though..... creepy in an animated Barbie-doll kinda way.

What a fantabulous movie! Even better than the first one! I wouldn't hesitate to see it again. :thumbsup:

ChipnDaleGal
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
We saw this movie at Downtown Disney this past weekend. It was a fun movie, like the first one. Not a real strong plot, but entertaining. Loved the Silver Surfer. And I could not agree more about Jessica Alba. Those contacts were very distracting and her acting was awful.

Crow
06-18-2007, 05:50 PM
yes i used to like Silver Surfer (have a copy of the comic #1 that i need to get graded) and i like comic related movies since i used to read so much and have so many that i need to sell off now. but i havent heard much good about this movie...i still want to see it though