PDA

View Full Version : Coney Island NYC- Disney related question

Narawen
06-12-2007, 01:59 AM
I am by no means a roller coaster fan. I don't go fast, don't go upside down or any of that "good stuff". This past october I went to Disney and rode EE, loved it. I think it's about as rough as I could handle, and it helped I couldn't see a majority of the ride beforehand, though I knew what it did.

Next week I'm going to NYC with a friend and would love to visit Coney Island. My question is: could I handle the cyclone? According to their website, the highest drop is 85 feet at a 60 degree angle, and it goes 60 mph. If I believe correctly, EE was 80 feet, but I don't know the degree or speed. I didn't mind the helix, but I remember that drop felt like forever to me. And on a coaster like the cyclone, I can actually see how high up I am.

Would I be able to handle it?:blush:

BronxTigger
06-12-2007, 05:33 AM
You could probably handle it. It's wooden, and not nearly as smooth as E:E. If you could handle E:E, I think you'll be fine on the Cyclone. I think everyone should try it at least once. It's fun!

disneyluva
06-12-2007, 07:16 AM
Definately!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cyclone can not be missed if in Coney Island. If you can handle EE (pretty scary), you can certainly handle the cyclone!!!!! And if your up for an awesome real Italian dinner afterward - go to Gargiulo's. It's a few blocks away, and really really good. It's a 100 year old restaurant - with the best Italian food (except for mine - of course!).