PDA

View Full Version : Hallway in ToT

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-12-2007, 01:58 AM
So I've been watching our tape over and over and I even tried to figure it out in the ride- is the hallway where you see the ghosts and it turns to stars in ToT actually as long as it looks? Or are there mirrors just making it look longer? I didn't think it could be as long as it appears..and there is obviously no actual back to it, as the window "shatters"...just wondering if anyone knew how they do this scene??

Chris :hatter:

joelkfla
06-12-2007, 02:55 AM
I read somewhere that it's a Pepper's Ghost effect, the same as the Haunted Mansion ballroom. Meaning there's an angled pane of glass (or possibly multiple panes at different depths), and the ghosts and window are reflections or projected images on that glass, from off to the side of the hallway.

The hallways for each of the two up shafts per side are on different floors, because there wouldn't be enough space to the sides if they were on the same floor.

briguy
06-12-2007, 09:24 AM
I am staying at the gaylord palms right outside wdw...the hallway from the elevators to my room looks EXACTLY like the hallway in ToT. From the color and decor to the alcoves...and it is incredibly long

I swear they copied it from ToT.

Anyone else stayed there and know what I am talking about?

DisneyFreak23
06-12-2007, 10:08 AM
It must be longer than it appears, because now that i think about it, it has to be. I'm sure it's some fancy disney work with mirrors.:magic:

:mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3: :mickey3:

lol

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Cool! Thanks for the insight. I guess it will forever be...the magic of Disney!:mickey:

Chris :hatter: