PDA

View Full Version : Breakdowns on Saturday

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2007, 10:17 PM
Was anyone at Magic Kingdom Saturday? For some reason it seemed like most every ride broke down for awhile (not the normal few minutes for the people in wheelchairs). The one's that I remember that broke down while we were in line or riding were:

Splash Mountain
Peter Pan
Snow White
Carousel of Progress
Buzz Lightyear
Space Mountain (Lights on while on TTA)
TTA (This one surprised me)

There were a few more that I overheard people talking about but can't confirm. Could the heat have been an issue because I saw on the news that night on our hotel that it got up to 98 and some parts in Orlando 100. Anyone got any ideas on to why all of these happened?

trackbarroness
06-15-2007, 07:53 PM
The heat wouldn't have any effect on the attractions just the people waiting for the attractions to come back up. We had at least three down times at Space Mountain that day, while I was there anyway. :cool:

Chickie
06-25-2007, 11:31 AM
I heard something about this yesterday. Our neighbors were there last week and said that a lot of rides were broke down; and not just at MK. I haven't had a chance to really get the story from her yet, but it sounds like it wasn't a good day for the parks. I'll let you all know what I find out from her as soon as I can.
That would make for a terrible trip, though.

trackbarroness
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
Space Mountain always goes down at least one time during the course of the day, unless we can prevent that from happening, that is. :D
But when we can't then it's a full re-set which means at least an hour down time. But that would depend on what the problem was that caused the mountain to go down in the first place. Space Mountain is 32 years old so it's one of the oldest roller coaster that Disney has. But it's still a totally rad ride despite the age of her, don't you agree? :D