PDA

View Full Version : Magical Beginnings: Have you Taken Advantage?

MrPeetrie
06-11-2007, 08:00 PM
Hey, gang. I just read about a new program geared toward the little ones called Magical Beginnings. It includes things like opening Fantasyland one hour early so the children can ride the popular rides before they get too crowded. We'll be going back this October with our DD4. Do I need to do something to take advantage of this? Are there special programs for which I need to purchase tickets in advance? Do I need to call 1-407-WDW-PLAY or something? Or, can I find out about this from our resort newsletter and merely attend these events? And what kind of things do they do for kids? Any input will help.

Thanks!
:confused:

tinksmom02
06-11-2007, 09:22 PM
Check under InfoCentral for the dates...MK opens at 8am on these dates, and only Fantasyland is open from 8-9. Characters are out to play, not for meet-and-greets, and sometimes, I think, they go on the rides with the littles. From what I've read, the characters will play games like "ring around the rosie," etc.

We weren't there for it last year, but are definitely planning on checking it out this year. It sounds like a great plan to let little ones ride some rides with little waits, as well as playing with characters!

You don't need to have kids in order to enter at 8am, but I think it's only open to resort guests.

Strmchsr
06-11-2007, 09:31 PM
One thing you need to be aware of that surprised some folks. This actually operates like any normal morning EMH. Anyone can get in. You don't have to have children with you or children of a certain age to enter Fantasyland during this time. My understanding was the whole point was to give time to the littlest ones, but it turns out to be nothing more than a regular EMH with a fancy name.

January-2007
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
...but it turns out to be nothing more than a regular EMH with a fancy name.

It's not a regular AM EMH because only Fantasyland is open.

BigBaloo
06-12-2007, 10:55 AM
We took advantage of it last September & it was awesome. The kids played hide & seek w/ Tigger & Eeyore & rode the teacups w/ the Mad Hatter. There are no autographs or meet & greets, but you can take action shots of your kids w/ the characters which was much more memorable for our kids.

MrPeetrie
06-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Thanks for all the info!

KAJUNKING
06-12-2007, 04:17 PM
We took advantage of it last September & it was awesome. The kids played hide & seek w/ Tigger & Eeyore & rode the teacups w/ the Mad Hatter. There are no autographs or meet & greets, but you can take action shots of your kids w/ the characters which was much more memorable for our kids.

i agree, having pictures of your kids interacting with the characters is pretty cool