PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for surprise 40th

Trev&Ev Mom
06-11-2007, 05:04 PM
We are surprising my husband with a trip to WDW for a birthday dinner at LeCellier for his 40th birthday in October. I've already made reservations at both AS Sports and LeCellier. I am keeping my fingers crossed that free dining will be extended into October.

Has anyone celebrated a birthday in WDW? Will Disney do anything special? Any suggestions would be helpful!!

TammiMcMan
06-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Has anyone celebrated a birthday in WDW? Will Disney do anything special? Any suggestions would be helpful!!They could send an autographed character card to your resort room and some balloons. You'll need to request it through the guest services/lobby concierge desk at your resort. It's complimentary, but there's no guarantee that they can fulfill your request. It all depends on their staffing situation and if they have a runner available. Other "free" items include a birthday pin that's available at all the parks.

The Disney Florist (http://www.disneyflorist.com)has some very nice gifts on their website and you can also call them if you wanted something more personalized. They'll deliver to your resort. You can also call the cake hotline at 407-827-2253 if you want to arrange a birthday cake for one of your sit down dinners.

OogieBoogieMan
06-11-2007, 08:50 PM
We rented a boat and watched the fireworks from the Seven Seas Lagoon. The whole trip lasted for about 90 minutes and the "Captain" was great. It was just four of us, but it probably could have accomodated a couple more (or less!). It was about 2 years ago and I want to say it cost about $150. Our boat was docked at the Wilderness Lodge but I believe they have them at other resorts as well.

TammiMcMan
06-11-2007, 09:04 PM
The fireworks cruises are a lot of fun. They've gone up to between $225 and $275 though, depending on size and amenities. You can see more information about them here, http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/cruises.asp.

KAT1811
06-11-2007, 09:06 PM
First off :welcome: to Intercot :welcome:

I'm not sure if it is of any interest to you but the segway tour sounds quite interesting.

If not a wonderful dinner at the most magical place on earth is a great birthday present in itself!!!

Does he have any hobbies that you may be able to tie into the day?

Trev&Ev Mom
06-12-2007, 01:06 PM
:thumbsup:
Thanks for all the great suggestions. The balloon thing sounds great. I have a 2 yr old so I'm not sure the segway thing will work, although I'd be into it!

Any other suggestions?

KAT1811
06-12-2007, 01:35 PM
How about the fireworks cruise that involves the meet and greet with Peter Pan? Maybe a nice bottle of wine for you and DH and some krispie treats for the 2yo?

TammiMcMan
06-12-2007, 02:56 PM
How about the fireworks cruise that involves the meet and greet with Peter Pan?That's a special grand gatherings offering and you need to have a minimum of 8 in your party to reserve it.