PDA

View Full Version : My WDW Trip Report (9th and 10th)

WDWfanatic742
06-11-2007, 04:40 PM
Just got back a few hours ago and boy was it hot and crowded.

9th - Ended up getting up from sleep at 4:30 and left for my friend's house at 5am. We left his house at 6am and got to our off-site hotel at 9:30am. Got to the TTC around 10:00 with our free ticket vouchers in hand (friend's dad got them free from his work since he had business up there). They ended up being 4 Day Magic Your Way tickets with 4 plus options :thumbsup:.

Got to Magic Kingdom around 10:30 and headed for Splash and Thunder Mountain. Got on Splash first and got very wet with those new water cannons on the outside of the drop. BTW for anyone there, they weren't issuing FastPasses for the ride because they are updating all of the FastPass machines with the new FastPasses. Thunder Mountain had a 20 minute wait posted with a true maybe 2 minute wait. Did all that and headed for Pirates of the Caribbean. For anyone who has ridden it, isn't Barbossa supposed to be the captain on the ship? It certainly wasn't him there. Then have they always had a black tarp on the right side of the boat in the middle of the town scene's? Just doesn't look right to everything else. Rode that ride which I loved very much and it didn't look like they did much differently from the old ride. From there we went on IASW with a minimal wait and Peter Pan had a 30 minute wait which is pretty small compared to all the times I walk by it and it has over an hour wait. We are two people away from getting on the ride and they decide to shut the ride down for some reason. They start it up a few minutes later for a couple seconds and then it breaks down on accident. We were standing in line for about a full hour in total. Then went on PhilharMagic and Snow White and decided to go get something to eat because by this time it was around 1pm.

After we eat we go to Space Mountain to get a FastPass because the wait at this time was like 80 minutes I think. We went on Carousel of Progress and it broke down during the third scene. We ended up watching the same scene 3 times before they could fix it.

I can't remember the order we did the rest of the day because we mostly stayed in Tomorrowland the rest of the day. We ended up going on the TTA about 10 times (with one time during Space was broken and got to see it with it's light's on which is always cool), Buzz 7 times, Stitch once (RIP Alien :(), and Splash, Thunder and PhilharMagic one more time. I finally got to ride Space for the first time and it was awesome. I can't believe how long I waited before riding it. We rode it four times in total, riding the left side three times and the other time on the right side. The right side is awhole lot wilder and crazier than the left side, which was better than the left side. The ride was always over an hour long, and we got Fastpasses each time, and luckily got 4 rides on it. We ended up watching Wishes from the Tomorrowland bridge and was the first time I watched it full through.

10th - Went to Animal Kingdom today and got there by opening. Went directly to Everest and it already had an hour wait and we decided to get a Fastpass for it and go to Dinosaur. We ended up going on Dinosaur three times in total and it was working all perfectly for the first time I have seen in a long time. After our first time on Dinosaur, we went to Primeval Whirl and did that a couple times. If you ever go on it and think that it's boring, close your eyes throughout the entire ride. You won't ever think it again...

We went back to Everest and let me tell you, the backwards part is the craziest thing I have ever ridden before. Definately feels like you are doing a loop or something. I want to figure out how it has the speed to go up higher than the height it went down. The rest of the ride is crazy too, and the yeti is huge compared to what you see on videos of it. We rode this three times in total with each time getting Fastpasses because as yesterday, the park was crazy with people. We ended up going to see Flight's of Wonder, Maharajah Jungle Trek, Kali River Rapid's and It's Though to Be a Bug. We were going to go to Kilimanjaro Safaris but ended up not to after seeing the tip board say that the wait was over 100 minutes.

Being the kind of person I am, I thought that I knew everything Disneyworld. Haha. At 3pm, we wanted to go check out DisneyQuest and to get there we would need to go to Downtown Disney. After looking at the board and it not showing a DD bus route from AK, we asked a CM standing near there. She tells us to go to TTC and catch a bus from there. Nope, they don't run buses from there either to DD. So we have to walk over to Polynesian and get the DD bus from there. Now, I thought of taking a bus to a resort and then taking one to DD in the first place, but I wanted to listen to the CM I guess. It took us over an hour to get from AK to DD which are only a couple miles apart. We went there and it was cool except that the shooting rubber balls ride thing wasn't working when we went.

Review - It was an awesome trip with a few friend's for the first time without my family. I need to go on site for awhile sometime by the end of this year, hopefully for I-Cot's 10th. We are planning to go next month to finish out our passes and maybe go to the water parks.

VMK Central - Cat don't be mad at me, it wasn't my fault... While we were walking out of the Magic Kingdom, I remember my VMK quests and tried to turn them in. They would only let me turn in one set of the quests, even though I had my friend's two passes, and then I guess they ran out of the two in park quests because they didn't have them displayed and the person I was talking to didn't know why. So all I was able to get was a HSM set, Tomorrowland suit, and Invisiblity Spell card. Why they gave me the invisibility card I don't know why.

JPL
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Great Report Fan :thumbsup:

We don't have to title you the Chicken King now ;)

RenDuran
06-11-2007, 11:00 PM
Glad you had a good trip! I always like reading what everyone during their visit to WDW! :mickey:

WED1901
06-12-2007, 03:18 PM
Got on Splash first and got very wet with those new water cannons on the outside of the drop.

I got hit once it was like that. It was like someone was standing over me with a bucket of water. It was great!

We went back to Everest and let me tell you, the backwards part is the craziest thing I have ever ridden before.

Your right!! When I got off the ride and was walking towards the gift shop I was so dizzy!! :haha::faint::funny:

Thanks for trip report Fan!! I love reading these!

Patricia
06-12-2007, 03:59 PM
Sounds like fun!!

You used to be able to get a bus going to Downtown Disney from the TTC. Now it's through resorts only to get you there, they have combined many of the routes. We bus to Port Orleans and take the boat to Downtown Disney from parks in that area. If we're in the MK, we monorail or walk to the Contemporary and bus it. To get from one resort to another resort, we go to DTD and switch.

Expedition Everest is a marvel. The technology behind the ride and the Yeti is facinating (at least for nerdy girls who like that kind of thing). Sadly, I didn't ride it due to the double helix that will make me sick. I can go upside down and up and down, but any circular motion, including Goofy's Barnstormer's little helix, make me feel woozy.:ack:

Mr. Tom Morrow
06-12-2007, 07:36 PM
. I can go upside down and up and down

Ok first off ....awesome so Tower of Terror is in the mix for Particia:thumbsup:

Thanks for the report Fan:mickey:

Patricia
06-13-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok first off ....awesome so Tower of Terror is in the mix for Particia:thumbsup:

:jaw::jaw::jaw:

terri.m
06-13-2007, 09:25 AM
Sounds like a wonderful trip!!

I was blown away by everest too! It wasn't at all what I thought it would be which was a nice surprise. I wish they had something like that at Disneyland.

trackbarroness
06-15-2007, 08:29 PM
Awesome report David, I'm glad you got to ride Space Mountain that many times that day, because we had at least three down times that day. And two of them weren't short down times either. :blush: Oh yeah if you were riding TTA you might have seen someone up on the ride (SM) waving at ya, that was me. :cool: Lol

Tinkerbell627
06-19-2007, 08:34 PM
We don't have to title you the Chicken King now ;)

He still has to ride the Rockin' Roller Coaster. The name stays.

As for your trip my dear Fanatic of WDW, sounds like you had a fabulous time. Sorry about all of the ride break-downs, though. When we were there, everything seemed to be spiffy. And Everest! She is one heck of a ride.

And we were so close to being there at the same time! While you were watching Wishes, I was sitting in a motel room in Jackson, Mississippi watching a special about Star Wars on A&E. So close...

WDWfanatic742
06-19-2007, 09:47 PM
Well, if someone wants to pay my way up there and give me a ride, I can show all of you that I can take RnRC. It will be my first inversion also :cool: