PDA

View Full Version : Capacity admission question

baby minnie's mommy
06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
If staying at a Disney resort, they guarantee admission right? So:

A. If a park has already filled to capacity and we go to that park in the evening, would we still get in?

B. If we leave one park that's been filled and take a nap, then return to same park will we get back in?

:confused:

(We're visiting over July 4th.)

Mickey91
06-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Yes, you are guaranteed admission. I guess they take into consideration the number of resort guests. Take WDW transportation as I have read in other threads that sometimes the parking lots fill up.

KAJUNKING
06-11-2007, 03:43 PM
im glad i go in sept, so i dont have to worry about these things

Figment!
06-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Resort Guests are guaranteed admission to a park, but not necessarily the one of their choosing.

Theme Parks can turn away resort Guests if they reach their absolute maximum capacity, however; the capacity of all 4 parks should allow every resort Guest to be inside a park at one time.

Meteora
06-11-2007, 06:49 PM
I was at the MK when it closed due to capacity. I think there are different levels--in the first one resort guests still get in, and maybe in the second one, too. At some point, however, no one gets in.

First of all, let me just say, I would not want to enter a park that was closed due to capacity. It is uncomfortably crowded at that point--I'm talking stuck in a crowd for twenty minutes just to walk from Fantasyland to Liberty Square, with people pushing and shoving the entire time. My sister and I took off immediately, but it was difficult just to get out! It took us forever to weave between the hordes of people to get to the exit, and we're from NYC and use the subway, so we're used to making our way through throngs of people. IMO, it's just not fun or magic anymore when the park is that crowded.

But if you decide you'd want to go in spite of that--I know the day I was there, they were not letting in anyone else period. Closed the parking lot, turned away people and taxis dropping off, and only allowed the buses to pick up. I think later in the day, if a significant number of people have left, they would start letting people in again.
But if you wanted to go in the evening and the park is full to capacity, you might not get in. Same thing if you're there in the morning and want to return. Once you leave, you're out, and unless the park drops below capacity, you might not get back in.

CaptSmee
06-11-2007, 09:27 PM
There are different levels of capacity. I have read about them in the past, but don't remember what they were. I have never had to deal with this issue, except last week in the afternoon they announced at Typhoon Lagoon that the park had reached capacity. I can imagine it must happen a lot at the water parks during the summer.

All I can say is good luck to you!!!

Figment!
06-11-2007, 10:03 PM
Since the topic has devled into the stages of closing, allow me to direct attention to the following thread in the Theme Park FAQ:

Dis Resort Guests turned away @capcaity? (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?p=839184 #post839184 )

DizneyRox
06-11-2007, 10:35 PM
Resort Guests are guaranteed admission to a park, but not necessarily the one of their choosing.

Theme Parks can turn away resort Guests if they reach their absolute maximum capacity, however; the capacity of all 4 parks should allow every resort Guest to be inside a park at one time.
I have always said this, but the wording A PARK has two meanings.

1. a park - meaning one of the theme parks, MK, Epcot, MGM or AK.
2. a park - meaning one entry into a park. So, if you go to Epcot in the morning and leave, then return to MK, you CAN be turned away as you already used your one admission into a park that day.

Granted, this would be an extreme example, but techincally the definition doens't guarantee admission to any particular park or any number of admissions to any park.

I always suggest, when visiting on days like XMas, NYE or July 4th, get to the park you plan on seeing the fireworks in and STAY PUT! Only leave if you DO NOT plan on seeing any fireworks that night. It's very possible that you will get in, but why risk it. It's easy enough to plan around.

Remember ADRs WILL NOT get you into a park that has reached capacity either.

WVParkfan
06-12-2007, 03:35 PM
I can't speak to the "official" policy... just our own personal experience.

We were in Fla over the holidays for a Bowl Game, and decided that we wanted to see the Christmas decorations at WDW. We each had leftover parkhoppers, so our plan was to see all 4 parks in one day, spend the night, and then head back to Jacksonville the next day.

Good thing we decided to spend the night! The MK and the AK both closed while we were there, but since we were resort guests, we were able to get in.

On a side note, we did get to ride EE and see the Safari in the morning. We then went to the MK to see the Christmas parade... and that is ALL that we could do there. The park was closed, but we were let in because of our room keys. It was so crowded that we couldn't even get a Dole Whip.

We made a quick tour of the countrys at Epcot to see the Santas, and ended our evening at MGM to see the Osborne lights.

It was a "once-in-a-lifetime" sidetrip, and I'm glad we saw everything. But, we'll never go during Christmas again. Ridiculously crowded. Dangerously over-crowded.