PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Price Increase

GreenB
06-11-2007, 02:57 PM
Hi Everybody.
Last year we got in the middle of a ticket price increase while planning our vacation. We ended up paying $100+ for our trip to WDW.

Does anybody remember when the last ticket price increase was?

If we buy our tickets and choose the “will call” option, for how long will the Disney Company hold our tickets? I would buy the tickets tomorrow and we’d pick them up in 5 ½ months.

When do you feel the next increase will be?

Thank you very much.

Mickey91
06-11-2007, 03:07 PM
If you are not going to do a package then you can go to any Disney Store location to buy your tickets now. Or call and have them mailed to you. I don't think they will hold tickets at the current price for a will call after they increase. Also, if you are booking a package, if they go up, you will have to pay the difference.

I'm not sure when the ticket prices increase. I haven't heard of one for this year, but they have been going up every year.

John
06-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Buy from the Official Ticket Center instead - save a few bucks & help support INTERCOT!

<======== See the link on the left.

"Buy theme park / attraction tickets" :mickey:

GreenB
06-11-2007, 03:23 PM
Buy from the Official Ticket Center instead - save a few bucks & help support INTERCOT!

<======== See the link on the left.

"Buy theme park / attraction tickets" :mickey:

If I choose the “deliver to my hotel” option, will they deliver the tickets early in the morning?
What is the earliest they would deliver?
We will not have a car while in Orlando and we will arrive around 10 p.m. We want to hit the parks early next day.

The reason why we don’t go to a Disney Store or have the tickets sent to our home is because we don’t live in the US.

KAJUNKING
06-11-2007, 03:32 PM
the Official Ticket Center would probably ship internationaly

bleukarma
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I may be wrong here, and someone please correct me if I am, but I think if you purchase the “no expiration” option then it locks in the ticket for whatever price you bought them for at that time. I’ve heard stories of people buying tickets 20 years ago and they were able to get through the gate without purchasing another ticket or adding more money. I may be wrong though. But that might not answer your question or help you, especially since purchasing the “no expiration” option might be more expensive then the next price increase. :(

Jasper
06-11-2007, 05:00 PM
There is only one way to avoid ticket price increases at Disney World and that is by purchasing the “no expiration date” tickets. All other tickets are subject to any price increase that may take place before you actually use your tickets.

In answer to your question about when price increases happen, there is no set time each year for increases to happen. Going strictly from memory, I am going to say that in the last 5 years or so most increases have come in late spring or early summer such as late June or early July. Again, I may not be remembering correctly, but that is what sticks in my mind. If someone else has more exact dates, feel free to chime in.

As for will call, that doesn’t do anything to impact your ticket price, just where you physically take possession of your tickets. I am fairly certain that will call is only for tickets purchased less than one week in advance and not a part of your hotel package. Again, read the fine print to be sure.

If you go to the info central section here on Intercot you will find a very good comparison of all the different ticket packages that are available. You can also do the same thing on the Disney World website but, I have found the Intercot version to be easier to follow. Regardless of which one you look at, be sure to read the fine print.

As a side note, there was a time, not very long ago, when virtually all the tickets were “no expiration.” When they started going to the various length of stay tickets and tying them to your hotel stay, they slowly started eliminating the “no expiration” tickets. It is only a guess, but I am guessing that in the not so distant future the “no expiration” ticket will go away as an option to purchase. I don’t think they will invalidate any tickets that were already purchased under this plan but I am betting they will stop selling the “no expiration” tickets sometime soon. This is strictly my opinion based on observing what Disney has done over the last number of years.

Sorry for being so long winded!!

MomofKatie
06-11-2007, 10:05 PM
There were 2 price increases in 2006- one in January, and one in August. So far, there hasn't been an increase this year.

GreenB
06-12-2007, 11:43 AM
Thank you very much to you all for your help.

I guess is not worth to invest in the “no expiration” tickets at this time.
So we are going to wait until the date of our trip comes closer to buy our “14 day expiration” tickets.
The “no expiration” option has gotten quite expensive lately.
I totally agree with Jasper on what he says about the process of eliminating the “no expiration” option.

What is the other alternative?

Annual Pass. And it is not that expensive. It is worth it if you are planning to visit the parks for more than 10 days.

Carol
06-12-2007, 11:48 AM
You do not have to purchase the *no expiration* option in order to secure a price. You can buy your tickets now. The *14 day expiration* doesn't start until you activate the pass.

caryrae
06-12-2007, 12:01 PM
You do not have to purchase the *no expiration* option in order to secure a price. You can buy your tickets now. The *14 day expiration* doesn't start until you activate the pass.

I was just thinking this too. Could you have a 14 day expire ticket forever and use it years later as long as you haven't used any days on it? lets say you bought a 4 day base ticket w/expiration, could you keep for 3 years, then use it or will it still expire after so much time even if you haven't used any days on it?

GreenB
06-12-2007, 12:09 PM
Hi again.

I am a little confused.

There is only one way to avoid ticket price increases at Disney World and that is by purchasing the “no expiration date” tickets. All other tickets are subject to any price increase that may take place before you actually use your tickets.

What happens if there is a price increase while we use them?
Remember that we are going to use our tickets in 5 ˝ months. So if I pay for the tickets today and there is an increase later, before I use them, will they charge me for the difference in price when I pick them up?
Will they hold the tickets for THAT long?

Thanks a lot for your time.

caryrae
06-12-2007, 12:14 PM
I am guessing there must be a time limit on how long they would hold your tickets at Will Call. Couldn't you just have them shipped to your home? That way if there was a price increase before you left it wouldn't effect you cause you have the tickets in hand.

GreenB
06-12-2007, 12:17 PM
I am guessing there must be a time limit on how long they would hold your tickets at Will Call. Couldn't you just have them shipped to your home? That way if there was a price increase before you left it wouldn't effect you cause you have the tickets in hand.

Nope. We don't live in the US.

caryrae
06-12-2007, 12:22 PM
Nope. We don't live in the US.
Wow I didn't realize they don't ship outside the U.S.

offwego
06-12-2007, 12:48 PM
They ship special hard ticket events to Canada and so I would guess regular tickets as well. It might be worth asking.

GreenB
06-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Hi again. I was bumped down.

I am sorry but I’m a little confused by these 2 quotes:

We want to but the 8 days, 14 days expiration. We plan to use our tickets in 5 ˝ months, pick them up in November.
So if I pay for the tickets today and there is an increase later, before I use them in November, will they charge me for the difference in price when I pick them up?
All this is done because I want to be protected in case of a price increase.

Will they hold the tickets for THAT long?

Thanks a lot for your time.

vamaggie
06-12-2007, 08:03 PM
[QUOTE=Jasper;1316624]There is only one way to avoid ticket price increases at Disney World and that is by purchasing the “no expiration date” tickets. All other tickets are subject to any price increase that may take place before you actually use your tickets.

Ok, now I'm confused!!!:confused::confused:My understanding was that when you bought your tickets (and paid for them) you pay the current price. I thought that the tickets were not "activated"(for the start of the 14 days) until you actually use them at one of the parks. So if I bought my tickets today (5 day Park Hopper w/ 14 day expiration) but did not use them til Nov (or whenever) I would not have to pay anymore if there was an increase (or 2!) in the meantime. Am I wrong?!?!?!!?!

Also, what if I buy a package and am quoted prices for tickets as they are today. If there is a price increase before I pay off my balance do I need to pay more?!?!?!?!

Sorry GreenB: Can't help you about Will Call. Have never used them.

Carol
06-13-2007, 06:59 AM
My understanding was that when you bought your tickets (and paid for them) you pay the current price. I thought that the tickets were not "activated"(for the start of the 14 days) until you actually use them at one of the parks. So if I bought my tickets today (5 day Park Hopper w/ 14 day expiration) but did not use them til Nov (or whenever) I would not have to pay anymore if there was an increase (or 2!) in the meantime. Am I wrong?!?!?!!?!

Also, what if I buy a package and am quoted prices for tickets as they are today. If there is a price increase before I pay off my balance do I need to pay more?!?!?!?!Nope. You're not wrong. You understand correctly. :)

If you pay for your tickets before a price increase - the price you paid is honored. The same works for a package.

little disney lovers
06-13-2007, 07:17 AM
Hi, I live in Australia and Disneyworld will post me my tickets. It is about $10 for the international shipping. So then you secure your price now, pay now, they will post them to you.
When you use your tickets on the first day at a park, this is when they acivate and they will expire 14 days from the activation date. I hope this explains, I think I've got my facts right, Somebody feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
Your other option is to buy the from your local travel agent, Most agents sell them worldwide. Just check though, some only sell them in packages with airfares.
:mickey:

big blue and hairy
06-13-2007, 07:25 AM
Just like anything else, once you buy the tickets, they are yours, no matter whether they're mailed, from the Disney Store or at will call. Once you've paid, you've paid, there is no price change.

:sulley:

CleveRocks
06-13-2007, 01:17 PM
WOW!

I'm amazed at the amount of misinformation floating around here masquerading as fact.

If you book a package, the Walt Disney Travel Company locks in that price for you. It doesn't matter if they raise their prices between when you booked and when you take physical possession of the tickets at check-in. You pay what you agreed to pay, and not a penny more.

Heck, even when the tickets themselves change and the "freebies" change, you get exactly what you already booked. For example, in October 2004 I booked for May 2005. I booked what was then called a length-of-stay park hopper. In January 2005 they revamped ticketing and introduced the Magic Your Way ticket system. I called and asked about this, and was told we'd still get exactly what we paid for and didn't have to convert to MYW tickets. They were right. I paid the rate I was quoted in October 2004, and received the "old" freebies rather than the "new" freebies, and since we didn't have MYW tickets we didn't need to do the finger scan at the turnstiles like everyone else had to do.

If you are quoted a price and book a package, THE only way you will see a price increase is if a government body raises applicable taxes or institutes new applicable taxes. WDW can't control what governments will do, so they need to pass on THAT expense.

But trust me, if you book a package at a certain price, you will pay Disney that exact price and not a penny more.