PDA

View Full Version : Garden Grill

ChinaMama
06-11-2007, 01:31 PM
I was able to find the menue information in the info central location about this restuarant.

When we visited May 2005 the restuarant had changed from a family style to a more traditional menue. When did it change back? I just want to really make sure that it has returned to it's old self. My DH was VERY upset when we showed up. They had never told use when making our PS and by then it was too late to make the change! We were starving!!

So DH will not go back unless I can prove that someone has recently been to the restuarant and it is back to the good family style again!

Thanks!

ChinaMama

TinkiTime1989
06-11-2007, 01:54 PM
Garden Grill is most deffinately family style. The catfish and steak are to die for. :cloud9:

grego77
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
It's one of my favorite restaurants at WDW. The food, specifically the salad, catfish, and vegetables are amazing. The dessert is always yummy too. Plus, as an added bonus, a good chunk of the food prepared DOES come from the greenhouses below the restaurant. I also love the whole 'revolving' thing (and I have motion sickness...no problem with this!) and the characters make it even better! :mickey:

DO IT, DO IT, DO IT! :D

LandFan
06-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Yep - the catfish is amazing!

Nicki'sMom
06-11-2007, 05:07 PM
It was family style when we ate there Sept. 06 but I did not find the food to be THAT good. It was average and not a restaurant I would consider a "not to miss". The character interaction was wonderful for our then 2 and a half year old but we are going to Akershaus for the characters this time instead. Ive heard mixed reviews about the food there too but we will see.

CaptSmee
06-11-2007, 08:47 PM
The Garden Grill to my knowledge has always been family style. They tweaked their offererings a little last year. I still thought it was delicious!

Natazu
06-11-2007, 08:49 PM
No doubt, no worries. Definitely family style.

A Mouse Fan
06-12-2007, 11:47 AM
We went to the Garden Grille in 2006 and it was definitely family style again...but with a few changes. The dressing on the salad changed...it was a ranch type dressing and now it's more of a Italian Type (not a big favorite of that), the rolls seemed to be different, the steak was OK, but it was better in 2005 when we went. We enjoyed it, however we probably won't go back next year.

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2007, 08:32 PM
GG used to be my fave.:They have changed the recipe for the catfish, it no longer has the corn flakes, and it is fishier. They also have a different type potato. I no longer will be dining with them. Most disappointed!

JoDisney
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
We just returned on the 7th and it was definitely family style again.

ElenitaB
06-13-2007, 01:10 PM
We've always loved the GG and will continue to go back there (luckily, we missed it the year they had that unusual menu change... I guess customer feedback really does work). We were last there in November and loved the catfish, the turkey and the steak. It remains firmly on our "must do" list.