PDA

View Full Version : Water Parks

elmjimmlm
06-11-2007, 12:18 PM
We are going to be there 7 days and when the bus from our resort stops at the water parks, it makes me wish that I had added them to our trip...Now we have 10 days and I am wondering is it worth adding on or is it too busy there to even give a day away from the other parks?

Beast_fanatic
06-11-2007, 10:37 PM
Which month are you going to be there?

It could be worthwhile to go ahead and add it on to spend part of your days at the water parks. But, in the summer, the water parks fill up early and can close to additional guests in the middle of the day. They do usually open up again late in the day though.

Or, if you only think you'll hit a water park one day, buying a single day's admission is less expensive than the water park, fun and more add-on.

I think it also depends on the ages in your group. If you have really young kids, they are frequently just as happy to spend some time at the resort pool.

PirateLover
06-11-2007, 10:54 PM
I would see if the water parks had morning EMH and if you could fit it in. Typhoon Lagoon was practically empty when we got there early in the morning, but by the time we had finished (b/t 10-11) it was really starting to fill up.

Lizzie
06-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I am a huge water park fan. They are so much fun and I find it so relaxing. Even if you can only go half day its totally worth it.

krorx
06-12-2007, 10:30 AM
We really enjoyed both water parks. Especially going on the EMH we were able to do everything with no waits. If you have preteens to teens, they will love it. If you have small children, it might be better to spend the afternoon at your resort. BB is a little more action packed. TL is relaxing and very tropical. With 10 days, you would have more than enough time to fit one or both in. :silly:

iceicebritney
06-12-2007, 10:47 AM
are you leaving in ten days? is that what you mean?

if so - there are emh's at the water parks, and they are definetly worth visiting when ur there for a week and longer - because u run out of things to do in the four parks.

it really isn't that much more to do the water parks, its definetly worth it because its only like 50 bucks extra or something per person, for multiple visits during ur whole stay - when for just one day to visit its almost that price.

honestly the water parks are our favorite part because theres something for everyone and it really helps you handle the hot florida summer sun!

thejens
06-15-2007, 08:58 PM
I really enjoyed my recent visit to TLagoon and I was initially against it, but I'm not sure I would pay extra with just a 7 day trip. We were there 8 days and I felt that I still could have spent more time in the parks. I agree that very little kids would be just as happy with the pool. That said, it was a very nice relaxing time in the water park. tough call!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-15-2007, 10:57 PM
You could always go for part of the day and then go to the Parks for the rest of the day. Go to EMH for the water park and then EMH for the Park that's open late. That way you maximize your day. And you can always doze while at the water park.

Nekochan
06-16-2007, 05:37 AM
I think my son had more fun at the water parks and disney quest than at the regular parks (hard to quantify). We're going in late August, so I'm planning on the waterparks during the day and EMH at night. They are ALOT of fun, although I don't see that they're that much different than your local water park - you go to the top, and slide or tube down a wet slidy thing. But, it's a good activity for a muggy day in florida.