PDA

View Full Version : Starting to have WDW withdrawl.

caryrae
06-11-2007, 11:39 AM
I am starting to have Disney withdrawl bad. I haven't been to WDW since last Sept and currently have no plans for a trip in the future. All I can say is THANK GOD FOR INTERCOT!!

I can't belive how strong of a hold Disney has on a lot of us. It wouldn't be so bad if we had a trip planned but when ya don't it makes it worse.

I was wondering what you guys do to help cope with Disney withdrawl becides Intercot?

MMouse6937
06-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I do tons of things daily that bring Disney home for me and help the time in between trips go a little faster. I listen to Disney podcasts. Specifically WDW Radio and Inside the Magic. My whole house and my car are decorated with Disney and Mickey Mouse stuff so it always reminds me of my love of Disney and the mouse. We go to the resort every year so I am always planning and reading and re reading all of my guidebooks, daydreaming, etc. of the next time I'm there. And of course Intercot, where would I be without all of you fellow Disney freaks? Helps me feel connected every day. :mickey:

grumpyguy
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
i took my son to wdw in 2001 as i had promised him i would do.i had been to mk when i was an early teen and remembered how neat it was so when i became a father i told my son when he was 10 i would take him.when he was 14 he reminded me of this promise.not exactly financially busting at the seams i vowed to use
my tax return solely for this trip to fla.
this trip really,really hooked me in and made me realize alot of things about how fast this life is going.since we've been back to wdw 3 times and can't wait for the next!!we were there last sept as well and had an awesome time.i have some sort of withdrawl symptoms
everyday.i watch my planning dvd,i have cd's,
park maps on me at all times and daydream.
intercot is indeed a great source for us addicts
of mickey and everything walt built.:thumbsup:
gg out!!

CanadianWDWFan
06-11-2007, 12:34 PM
We get Disney withdrawl as soon as we drive through the gates on our way home. :D

We usually get over this by starting to plan our next trip. Mostly thought, as MMouse6937 said, we listen to Disney music, decorate in Disney themes and even decorate the car with Disney stuff. Going through the photo albums and videos helps a ton.

I still think though that planning the next trip is the best way for us to get over it.

pook@wdw
06-11-2007, 07:29 PM
I know EXACTLY how you feel! We just went in Oct. '06 and are not going back til '09 when DD can drive and do the "Keys" tour @ MK. I don't know how I'll manage w/o my Disney fix. I just received our new '07 vacation dvd (even though we're not going) so, I'll watch that til the '08 comes out. Our home is filled w/Disney memorabilia collected over the years. On the walls, shelves, and our yearly scrapbbooks. Not to mention all the vacation home videos/dvds. So, when I feel like I need an little "Disney Magic", I don't have far to look. I also have Orlando traffic/weather on my XM radio, and radio Disney, and Live 365 on my computer. And last but surely not least, THANK GOODNESS FOR MY FELLOW INTERCOTERS!!:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

DREAMADREAM93
06-11-2007, 07:36 PM
Intercot, endless Disney playlists including a well thought out grouping of ride soundtracks, intercot, Disney planning videos, intercot, travel channel disney specials on tivo, intercot, Disney movies, intercot ...

But intercot helps the most :thumbsup:

JOrdan :]

Natazu
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
I've sent you an email. It may help.

karenrarintogo
06-11-2007, 09:33 PM
Thanks for this idea from a poster from yesterday: YOU TUBE. Type in the attraction and you're on the ride. EE.TOT, Splash Mt. Not the real thing, but better than nothing! :photo:

I also enjoy the standard WDW travel guides and several websites, especially INTERCOT.:rocks:

LandFan
06-11-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, it's tough. I went last September and the previous one and I, too, had major withdrawal symptoms a couple months ago with no trip to plan because I took a year off and went back to school to finish a certificate. Luckily I got a new job starting in September so the day after I got the job, I started planning our next vacation - I couldn't take it anymore - DH couldn't take it either - he's ready too.

So I'm probably not the best one to ask because I don't have a whole lot of restraint when it comes to Disney :secret: But I can certainly feel your pain and commiserate!

Soul_Power
06-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I am experiencing my first case of WDW withdrawals as we speak.

My boyfriend and I just got back not even a week ago, and I want to go back soo badly already.

caryrae
06-12-2007, 10:15 AM
I've sent you an email. It may help.

That was funny. Thank you.

Thanks for this idea from a poster from yesterday: YOU TUBE. Type in the attraction and you're on the ride. EE.TOT, Splash Mt. Not the real thing, but better than nothing! :photo:

I also enjoy the standard WDW travel guides and several websites, especially INTERCOT.:rocks:

Yeah I was on youtube a couple days ago watching some of the extinct rides from WDW. Very fun.

Not2Loud
06-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Thank goodness for Intercot. It helps me on days when I am feeling low; it helps me on days when I am having Disney highs, and it helps me talk about it to someone else other than DW. She likes it all, but I just love it.

Suz36
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one! Listening to the Wishes soundtrack is the thing that most closely puts me right back in the World!

caryrae
06-12-2007, 10:00 PM
I guess we've gone through the 1st step in amitting we have a problem, even it is a good problem.

Hi my name is Caryrae and I am a Disney addict.

Marilyn Michetti
06-13-2007, 12:07 PM
What I feel isn't quite "withdrawal", but I definately feel a tug now and again, especially since we had to cancel our Dec. 2007 trip.

When I hear music from the parks, or one of the Travel Channel specials come on, I get a momentary letdown.

I hang around Intercot, watch the video's, (the new one is pretty good), and keep saving my change for Dec. 2008.

I'm living vicariously through all of you, so keep me going. (Please).:blush: