PDA

View Full Version : Where would the characters fit in World Showcase?

LaDracul
06-11-2007, 11:18 AM
I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I made a list of what characters fit where-

Mexico: The Three Caballeros, Emperor's New Groove (It might be South America, I have no idea...)
Norway: The Little Mermaid (I know it's in Denmark, but it is close)
China: Mulan
Germany: Snow White
Italy: Pinnochio
America: Well, there's plenty, like "Oliver and Company" (NY), "Ben and Me" (The colonies), "Sleepy Hollow" (New York State), "Lilo and Stitch" (Hawaii)...
Japan: KINGDOM HEARTS!!! XD
Morocco: Aladdin
France: Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Ratatouille
UK: Sleeping Beauty (Not sure if it's been proven yet...though Aurora has been spotted in the area between France and the UK), Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective...wow, they've drawn a lot of inspiration from the UK.
Canada: Brother Bear

Can anyone think of more?

joanna71985
06-11-2007, 11:26 AM
I've been thinking about this for a long time, and I made a list of what characters fit where-

Mexico: The Three Caballeros, Emperor's New Groove (It might be South America, I have no idea...)
Norway: The Little Mermaid (I know it's in Denmark, but it is close)
China: Mulan
Germany: Snow White
Italy: Pinnochio
America: Well, there's plenty, like "Oliver and Company" (NY), "Ben and Me" (The colonies), "Sleepy Hollow" (New York State), "Lilo and Stitch" (Hawaii)...
Japan: KINGDOM HEARTS!!! XD
Morocco: Aladdin
France: Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, Hunchback of Notre Dame, Ratatouille
UK: Sleeping Beauty (Not sure if it's been proven yet...though Aurora has been spotted in the area between France and the UK), Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins, Winnie the Pooh, Robin Hood, The Great Mouse Detective...wow, they've drawn a lot of inspiration from the UK.
Canada: Brother Bear

Can anyone think of more?

UK- Peter Pan

DisneyNut2005
06-11-2007, 12:03 PM
America: Pocahontas

Brer Robert
06-11-2007, 11:32 PM
If they had Australia in World Showcase, there'd be "Finding Nemo". Also, Pinocchio would also fit in Germany. Now for some originals:

America - Roger Rabbit, Kim Possible, PotC, Country Bears

UK - Gummi Bears

I also commend the reference to "Ben & Me", that poster must have a high knowledge of Disney obscurities.

LaDracul
06-12-2007, 09:31 AM
Nope, Pinnochio is set in Italy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinnochio

Taron
07-11-2007, 02:35 PM
There aren't Black Cauldron Meets anymore but they''d fill Norway.

Brer Robert
07-12-2007, 12:46 AM
Here are some more ideas for America:

-Herbie the Love Bug

-High School Musical

-Newsies(I'll personally thank anyone who knows this one)

-Tailspin(there aren't any jungle themed places in WS,so I'm guessing Baloo will just have to don his pilot uniform and head to America)

AliceinDisney
07-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Okay Here's My list because I'm a fairytale expert ! :)

Mexico-Three Cabelleros
Norway-Peter and the Wolf ( Alot of people don't know about that Disney short film!)
Germany-Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
Morocco-Aladdin, or Lion King characters (primarily Morocco is in Africa and the Aladdin Characters are middle eastern but whateve, lol
Italy-Pinocchio
France-Sleeping Beauty, Beauty and the Beast both written by Charles Perrault, as well as Cinderella. However Cinderella has many different versions all over the world and is believed to have begun in the Asian countries.Aristocats too.
China-Mulan
America-Pocahontas, Brer Rabbit and the gang, Country Bears
UK-Alice in Wonderland, Mary Poppins and Winnie the Pooh(even though Winnie the Pooh was Canadian because the bear was brought to the UK from Winnepeg Manitoba, hence the name of the storybook character Winnie the Pooh) , there are no bears in the UK, also Winnie was a baby black bear cub(in real life) Peter Pan.
Japan- Kingdom Hearts characters I guess! lol
Canada-Brother Bear & Winnie the Pooh but the story was written in England, so I guess he's split up between the two countries!

Taron
07-14-2007, 12:58 PM
Mexico-Amigo Donald, Jose Carioca and of course Panchito.
Norway-There aren´t any Black Cauldron meet and greets anymore but if they want they´ll fit perfectly in this one. Also we can meet Narnia´s Queen.
UK-Alice, Mad Hatter, Queen of Hearts, Walrus, Twedledee & Twedledum, White Rabbit, Winnie Pooh, Rabbit, Eeyore, Piglet, Tigger, Peter Pan, Wendy, Hook, Mr. Smee, Mary Poppins, Bert, Penguins, Robin Hood, Little John, Friar Tuck, Prince John, Sheriff Of Nothingham.
USA-Pocahontas, Meeko, Rattclife, Woody, Jessie, Bullseye, Mickey & Pals, Buzz Lightyear, Green Army Man, Lilo, Stitch, Brer Gang.
France'Belle, Beast, Gaston, Hunchback Characters, Marie, Cinderelle cause it is set in Louxembourg or Belgium but theré´s a french affinity with those countries, and Sleepong Beauty Characters.
Germany'Snow White Characters
China-Mulan Characters
Japan-Sora & Mike Wasowzki

LaDracul
07-15-2007, 12:39 PM
I don't know about "Black Cauldron" in Norway...or having Jadis there as "The Chronicles of Narnia" is set in the UK. "Peter and the Wolf", while set in Russia, is a better fit for Norway. :D

But how is Mike Wazowski fitting in Japan? Does he resemble a yokai? I can't think of one that he'd be like now...