PDA

View Full Version : Is Splash Mountain Wet Enough?

CU Tiger
06-11-2007, 10:56 AM
Do you think Splash Mountain gets you too wet :rain:, not wet enough :sun:, or is it just right :cloud9:? I am not a huge fan of being really wet and walking around the park. This is why we do not ride Kali River Rapids, but I think SM is just right. What do you think and why? :mickey:

KAT1811
06-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I can't ever remember getting too wet on Splash Mountain. I am also not a fan of walking around soaking wet. I don't like feeling or looking like a drowned rat all day and night. :mop: :rain:

I voted for just right

Wrigley
06-11-2007, 11:10 AM
I voted for "not wet enough"! It always seemed like every time we have ridden the ride, only the ones in the very front were getting wet. I like to get wet on the water rides. It's nice to get cooled off once in awhile on those hot humid days!:mickey:

Michigander
06-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I don't mind getting wet, but I must tell you that the last time I rode SM I came off it wetter then KRR. I just always pack a towel to dry off with and an extra shirt to put on if it should get a little breezy after riding.:thumbsup:

wedway76
06-11-2007, 11:37 AM
I am not a huge fan of being really wet and walking around the park. This is why we do not ride Kali River Rapids, but I think SM is just right. :mickey:

:ditto:

Where's Your Laughin Place
06-11-2007, 11:51 AM
It has been quite a long time since I have ridden the WDW Splash, but I remember being disapointed in the fact that I barely got wet at all! (A problem that the DL Splash used to face as well) I want that water to come over the side and soak me so it looks like I swam to TSI. OK, well maybe not that wet, but you get the idea ;)

I vote not wet enough!

DNS
06-11-2007, 12:01 PM
I went with too wet because I do not like wet rides. I've never done Kali River for just this reason. Getting wet is one thing, but walking around is soggy, heavy clothing is another story and I hate it.

Polynesian Dweller
06-11-2007, 12:10 PM
At MK its just about right, especially if you sit in the right side seat and get stopped at the waterfall. But at DL it can be way too muc. We had the first two trips one ride and were practically flooded by water coming over the top.

DawsonAR
06-11-2007, 01:09 PM
The last two times I went on Splash Mountain I was soaked. Every time before, I was wet but it was just right.

PirateLover
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
It really depends. During the winter I think it's just right. However on our last trip, our first ride was in the front row. We got soaked because we also got hit from the water cannons as we were going around the turn at the top. I've never gotten so wet on that ride.

DREAMADREAM93
06-11-2007, 01:20 PM
you get the wetest in the second row on the left hand side, but i dont think that you get that wet there either! I think you should get ALOT more wet on that ride than you actually do. I voted for not wet enough!

JOrdan :]

ghost999
06-11-2007, 01:34 PM
i voted for NOT WET ENOUGH, why, because you used to get drenched by the water cannons but now even in the front row or any other spot on the ride u don't get wet enough :mickey:

magickingdom67
06-11-2007, 01:43 PM
Was just there this last week and I think it is too wet. Those water cannons are up and running.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-11-2007, 02:29 PM
We have never gotten wet enough!
Especially since we are there in the hot and sticky month of September!!;)

I would not want to get as drenched as you do on Kali but, I usually walk off Splash dry.

KAJUNKING
06-11-2007, 02:39 PM
i think its pretty good the way it is, you get a little spray but you dont get soaked :mickey:

Mickey91
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I think it's great!:mickey: It is a water ride! You are supposed to get wet!:mickey:

WhenYouWishUponAStar
06-11-2007, 03:35 PM
I voted for just right! I think SM is perfect because its wet enough to cool you down but dry enough that you can dry off as you walk round the rest of the park!
:cloud9:

beksy
06-11-2007, 04:17 PM
I love SP (probably my favorite mountain!) and think it is just about perfect, including how wet I get! Sometimes I get really wet and other times just a little damp, but to me not knowing how wet I'm going to get is part of the fun! :mickey:

grumpycajun
06-11-2007, 05:24 PM
Our trips are always in the summer. Are you kiddin'? The wettuh the bedduh!

LoriMistress
06-11-2007, 06:40 PM
It also depends on how heavy your log is. If there's a lot of weight in the log, it will get more wet. Though, I somehow find myself in front and I don't care to get wet. So I always duck down and get my DH completely soaked. :mickey:

Dickson Thunder
06-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Splash is just right, Kali is too wet but we ride it anyway!

:cool:

CaptSmee
06-11-2007, 09:13 PM
It really depends. During the winter I think it's just right. However on our last trip, our first ride was in the front row. We got soaked because we also got hit from the water cannons as we were going around the turn at the top. I've never gotten so wet on that ride.

It definitely depends on whether the water cannons are operating or not and at what capacity. We got soaked one day last week from that, and rode another night that was rainy and the cannons weren't firing that night (which made no sense, 'cause we were already wet!).

garymacd
06-11-2007, 10:34 PM
I seem to recall getting wetter the first time I rode SM. I also seem to recall that people who watched from the bridge used to get wetter. I think they re-aimed the water cannons.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-12-2007, 01:52 AM
I'd say just right. I think first-timers are intimidated by the look of the big splash in to the Briar Patch, but really, it isn't that bad at all.

I found if you're in the last row just before when you go up the hill BESIDE the Briar Patch at the start of the ride..you can get the Briar-after-splash...and thats the most wet you can get, I think.

Chris :hatter:

BritCody
06-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I think it is just right, you don't want to be drenched walking around in wet shoes!!

RAIDER
06-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Theyve got the balance right ...:thumbsup:

The popeye ride in IOA and the one in Busch Gardens ...now there water rides that will soak you to the bone :thedolls:

DisneyFreak23
06-12-2007, 03:37 PM
I wish it were wetter, but you DO get wetter if there is more weight and if you are in the second row :thumbsup:. Me and my brother found this out in a process of trial and error:cool:. Now we sit there every time, except sometimes i sit in front:secret:.

:mickey3::mickey3::mickey3::mickey3:

:stitch:

CU Tiger
06-12-2007, 06:22 PM
Do they adjust the water cannons for the season? Less wet during the winter and more in the summer??:confused::mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-12-2007, 08:05 PM
It's just right!:mickey:If you really want to get wet, ride on the front, if not move on farther back!

HndrdPrcnt
06-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Another just right here.:thumbsup:

2Epcot
06-12-2007, 08:22 PM
I also voted just right. I've been soaked a few times on Splash Mountain, but I'd say, 7 out of 10 times I ride, I only get a little wet.

ImagiAsh
06-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I think it depends on the time of year and the time of day. I don't think it's wet enough for those hot summer months. However, I think it's too much for the winter months at night. :blush:

snifflesmcg
06-12-2007, 09:15 PM
I love wet rides but I make sure I ride them last as I don't wanna walk around all day with wet jean shorts.

Figgyluv03
06-13-2007, 12:37 PM
I think it's perfect. I love water rides like that, but I don't like coming off soaked and having to walk around the park soaked! We have a few of those rides at Great Adventure and Dorney park and I can only ride them if I'm in my bathing suit.

CandleontheWater
06-13-2007, 12:48 PM
For those of you that have said "Just right" or "not wet enough", have you ridden with the new water cannons? Splash Mountain is my favorite ride, but I absolutely HATE those water cannons. In previous years I'd been able to get a little wet, but not dripping, wringing your clothes out, drowned rat-looking, still damp 5 hours later wet. I think the new water cannons are too much, it prevents me from riding my favorite ride on chilly days (like when it was 40 degrees in Feb), and on chilly nights because I don't want to freeze! I really wish that they'd remove the water cannons, or only turn them on during the dog days of summer.

ghost999
06-13-2007, 02:15 PM
We have never gotten wet enough!
Especially since we are there in the hot and sticky month of September!!;)

My thoughts exactly except we go in August-October but still hot and sticky :mickey:

WED1901
06-13-2007, 02:35 PM
If you keep your head up during the fall you will be rewarded with a nice cool spray. That's been my experience anyway. Now when the water cannons work as you float by the big drop. If your timing is right you can get really soaked! :mickey:

Jared
06-13-2007, 05:13 PM
If I wanted to take a shower, I'd ride Kali River Rapids. Splash Mountain is perfect every day regardless of weather.

JPL
06-13-2007, 05:23 PM
I think WDW does a nice job managing the Splash factor here especially in the cooler months when it is not as big and you stay kind of dry on a cool day or night. During warmer months it is much more difficult to answer, I have gotten completely soaked a few rare times
and other times I could have gotten wetter in a desert.

Goes4FastPass
06-13-2007, 06:25 PM
The water cannons can leave you soaked not when you splash down but when you're reentering the mountain for the ZDD finale.

Dawnzy
06-13-2007, 08:57 PM
On previous visits we only got spayed a little, felt refreshing. Those visits were in Sept thru Dec. On our last visit May 18-21 we rode it about 10 am and our whole group got totally drenched, not from going down the drop either! Needless to say we went back to the resort for a change of clothes, then back for dryer rides :)

Pocahontas
06-13-2007, 09:39 PM
There are times I got too wet and times I barely got wet at all, so I guess I'd have to say it's just right since there aren't any other choices.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-13-2007, 10:00 PM
If you keep your head up during the fall you will be rewarded with a nice cool spray. That's been my experience anyway. Now when the water cannons work as you float by the big drop. If your timing is right you can get really soaked! :mickey:

I know exactly what you mean! I rode alone after Spectromagic once, and was in the front seat but I could see our timing working out to get very soaked. I hollered back to the people behind me going "LEAN! LEAN!" and our entire boat kept bobbing forward..and we JUST missed that splash that you were talking about!! A very friendly group of people, it was :mickey:

Chris :hatter:

mainemajor
06-22-2007, 07:33 PM
One of the great unknoens with Splash Mt. is you seem to get a different amount of wet each time.:mickey: the joy of it all:number1:

Lizzie
06-22-2007, 08:33 PM
I was there one trip. And my husband and I had our own log. And we were thinking this is great we shouldn't get that wet because the log isn't full. Well the ride stopped at a place where water sprayed us and we were there about 15 minutes. I think the only time I have ever been wetter was when I went on SM in DL while I was chaperoning a youth trip and they all had their souvenier cups from their meal we just ate. How I wished to hear on a loudspeaker to yell at them to keep arms inside the ride.

dolphinmickey9170
06-26-2007, 10:33 AM
Most of the time, I only get a couple splashes in the face, never been soaked.

Goes4FastPass
06-26-2007, 10:48 AM
We rarely get more than a splash on the big drop but if you catch a water cannon just right as the ride turns to go back in the mountain you can get soaked and unless you're dressed to get wet (fast drying clothes, waterproof sandals) It can be less than magical.

Rustin Allison
06-27-2007, 07:43 AM
That is a funny question. I have ridden Splash Mountain ALOT and never really got too wet on the ride... until last year. When we went in April they had the water cannons going and it was timed just perfectly to drench you after the big drop. The whole log got soaked!

Rustin Allison

indytraveler
06-27-2007, 08:58 AM
I don't like getting wet at parks either so I went with just right as well.