PDA

View Full Version : DDP too time consuming?

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
06-11-2007, 09:52 AM
I made our ADR's this morning and I'm so excited!! I'm wondering though if we will be spending a big majority of our time eating and be dissappointed in the time it takes away from the parks. Does it take 2 hours for most TS dinners? Here is our list:
Sat Dinner - Chef Mickey's
Sun Dinner - Boma
Mon Dinner - Whispering Canyon
Wed Lunch - CRT (still waiting to book it)
Thur Dinner - Rose & Crown
Fri Breakfast - Ohana's
Fri Dinner - Coral Reef
Thanks! I've been a "lurker" here for 2 1/2 years and I'm so excited to be planning a trip.

DDuck66
06-11-2007, 10:08 AM
It really depends on how many people are in your party and at what time you plan your meals. We usually get by with right about 45 minutes, but there is only myself and my DW in our party. Also, the regular sit down meals seem to take a little longer than the buffets.

Momto2Princesses&1Pirate
06-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Oops! Forgot our dynamics info - we are a family of 5: Me, DH, DD11, DD6, and DS4.

ParkMan
06-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Agreed - it really depends on you and your group.

We just got back and there were four of us (two adults, two kids). Our children are 3 & 4.

It generally took us about 75 minutes for dinner.

I'm guessing 2 hours is a bit long though.

Jared
06-11-2007, 10:21 AM
Most table service meals are between 45 minutes and one hour. The servers are usually quite efficient.

Strmchsr
06-11-2007, 10:58 AM
:welcome: to Intercot!!! I'm glad you've gone from lurker to participant. Be warned, though, these boards are very addictive.

The time spent will be well worth it. Especially with 3 kids, and one of them under 5, you can't go non-stop in the parks all day. The 45-60 minutes you spend eating will allow you to recharge and relax so that you enjoy your park time more.

tinksmom02
06-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I think that the TS from the DDP do eat up a lot of time, but I've found that by scheduling a lot of character meals, the time spent at the meal eliminates standing in long lines at the parks waiting to meet the characters.

I do think that it is time well spent, though, and can provide a nice break during the day. And you have a lot to ADRs (great ones, BTW!) that will provide an experience you won't get in the parks--Ohana's, Boma, WC, etc.

Good luck with CRT!

And yes, these boards are highly addictive!

Marilyn Michetti
06-11-2007, 12:31 PM
Hey, WELCOME TO INTERCOT ! We're happy to have you.

I HATE ADR's, and only make the two or three that I just MUST do. We're "older", and just don't eat as much as they give you at a TS meal. Besides, it isn't just the time you're at the table, it's getting there 15 min ahead, waiting to be called, etc. If we're at Mexico in WS, and realize that we're supposed to be at LeCellier in ten mins., that's more rushing than I'm wanting. CS meals are fine for us, and we just stop when we're hungry, eat, and are on our way. When DH eats too much, he's ready to go back to SOG and go to sleep.

At our age, gotta keep it light and lively.:blush:

Sharon1026
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Figure an hour a meal, even with the DDP that has an appetizer, entree and dessert. They really want to turn those tables over quick for the next group of people. It's all about the next tip!

LandFan
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
I agree that by going to some character meals, you will actually be gaining time by not having to stand in lines in the hot sun in the parks! My niece got spoiled with the character meals and loved them and then when we were in the parks she would say - nah, I don't need to wait here, I'd rather see them at dinner : ) It worked out well! Also, with the buffets, you eat at your own pace anyway.

I NEED one TS a day to recharge, personally. I soak up the ambiance and it gives me time to think about how lucky I am to be there.

Just my :twocents:

MsMin
06-11-2007, 09:12 PM
:welcome: Glad you decided to join us(post)! We use the break as our rest time but we don't have little ones who may need a nap or get too tired to eat. I agree it can take up time but we enjoy it. I could see how it could be time consuming w/ little ones. I like the idea of Character meals to save time :thumbsup: