PDA

View Full Version : Big Ouch

Jeri Lynn
06-11-2007, 09:08 AM
Well it's been a long time since I've done something really dumb and I managed to break the record on Saturday.

We cut down 2 large pinetree's during the week and borrowed my BIL's chipper to take care of all the tree limbs. On Saturday morning while my DH was at breakfast I decided I would drag some limbs over to the chipper before the rain started....

So here I am, I move a few limbs and then I pick a limb that is stuck, instead of moving on to another one I start tugging and tugging,...you guessed it...all of a sudden the limb came unstuck and I went flying backwards...:mad:

In an effort to save my head from hitting the ground I tried to hold it up, my head bounced off of the pea-stoned driveway anyways, I saw a few stars, got up and brushed myself off, moved a few more branches and then called it quits...

By Sunday all the muscles in my neck and upper back are extremely sore, I think I pulled them all, it hurts to lift my head up when laying down. Luckily I didn't crack my head open, but I think I may have loosened up the brains in my head!!

I don't think I'll be helping out with anymore treework anytime soon!!

disneydrmr
06-11-2007, 09:32 AM
You may have given yourself whiplash... take it easy another day or so.. but if you don't improve.. or if you start getting severe headaches and such please go see your doctor. Hope you feel better quicK!

MsMin
06-11-2007, 10:07 AM
I hope you are not hurt too badly. It must have been the day b/c we did something really stupid or could have been. We were like those monkeys playing around powerlines... I had trouble w/ the salt water aquarium, the filter was running poorly so my dd and I started to work on it and as usual spilled salt water on the floor. Well a lamp was close by and the cord was laying in the water and apparently had a cut in the cord. I didn't see it right away but we kept hearing a funny sizzling noise as the cord kept sparking and smoking. When I turned and saw the smoke I was like oooooooh no then my dd reached to grab the cord out of the water and I screamed at her :jaw: :monkey:
Last week I was more like you cutting down vines out of the tree only they were poison ivy. We had to get an axe and the vine of course fell and hit my arm which still looks like I've burned it badly.
Things can happen so quickly. I just hate when a head hits the pavement-- I do hope it's nothing serious.

crazypoohbear
06-11-2007, 10:21 AM
OUCH!!
I hope you feel better as the day goes on. If you still are achy tomorrow I'd visit the doctor to make sure everything is where it still belongs.

Jeri Lynn
06-12-2007, 11:20 AM
Thanks! I am going to the doctor's today, I do not feel quite right...it's hard to explain, but I am not feeling normal and I feel very discombobulated.

My 2nd DD's graduation party is this Saturday, we have 100 people coming and I have done nothing to get ready yet, I just don't have the energy, although I only have little things to do.

My doctor's appt is at 1:15 today, hopefully he will tell me I bumped my head real hard and I will be fine.

TheMartellFamily
06-12-2007, 10:03 PM
Saturday must have been a full moon or some strange goings on. For me I got out of the car and turned and broke my foot. Nothing out of the ordinary but it was just that kind of day wasn't it? Hope all goes well at the DRs

merlinmagic4
06-13-2007, 07:21 AM
I hope all went well at the doctor. Is everything okay?

Jeri Lynn
06-13-2007, 07:31 AM
The doctor told me I have a concussion. I wish I felt better, I am tired and just do not feel normal. I spent all day yesterday doing nothing when I should have been doing stuff to get ready for the graduation party this weekend.

This morning I have to bring our 3rd DD for her learner's permit.

I feel like I have no energy to even walk around the house.:(

MsMin
06-13-2007, 10:18 AM
Hope you feel better real soon :pixie: Hope you treat yourself a little special and maybe get more help for the party. I'm glad you didn't fracture your skull:thumbsup: Take it easy...

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-13-2007, 11:19 AM
Delegate! Have others do the work and you can sit down like a princess & direct it all. I hope you are feeling better before the party.