PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland paris

Renata
06-11-2007, 07:17 AM
Iam planning to go to Disneyland Paris...need ( LOT OF ) advises... :mickey:

thanks... :thumbsup:

DisneyDudet
06-11-2007, 12:42 PM
I am also planning a trip in Dec. We are doing Paris, and making two whole days DLP.

I haven't found much help... so good luck to us!

By the way... Welcome to Intercot!!! :mickey::mickey:

dlpmikki
06-11-2007, 01:53 PM
What do you want to know? I can tell you one useful source of info - a guide book called the Brits Guide to Disneyand Resort Paris. It's about the most comprehensive one out there!

Renata
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM
Hello... wanna know if one day is enough to see everything? people have told me that the parks are very small...

thanks... :thumbsup:

wildernesslady
06-11-2007, 07:48 PM
My daughter is traveling to Italy with a layover at DeGaulle airport. Does anyone know if they have a Disney store there like they do in Orlando? I would love a souvenier from there.

Dakota Rose
06-11-2007, 10:21 PM
I visited DLP in 1998. At the time, there was only one park and no shopping village. We pretty much saw everything in the one day we had to spend there. I remember two things vividly. First, "Walt's: An American Restaurant" is very cool in its ambience and decor, but the food is anything but American. We were expecting burgers and fries, and the only thing we found "edible" was a salad that included shrimp, goat cheese and breadsticks. It was yummy but so not "American". The second thing I recall is Indiana Jones' ride is a roller-coaster with a loop-to-loop. My mom REFUSED to ride because of that.

Though it was July, the park was basically empty. I'm sure this has changed. I do remember being very irritated because the guests were completely disrespectful. I think this was because of the bad backlash the park received in its early years. But, I found myself picking up trash. I hope this isn't the case anymore, but don't be surprised if it is.

In all, I'm very glad we spent the time and money to go there. It was a lot of fun and I won't forget it. Just two countries left to complete my circuit.

PeterPan
06-12-2007, 12:56 AM
You can find lots of information on the internet - including the official Disneyland Paris website. Pretty much all the information you read here about how to "attack" a Disney park holds true for DLP. It is a MAGNIFICENT park. Do NOT listen to those who say it is a one-day park, altho the Disney Studios Paris IS a one-day park (or maybe a little less) and Disney does not refute this fact. In my humble opinion (and I have been to every Disney theme park) DLP outshines them ALL as far as detail and themeing. It is true that some Europeans are disrespectful to the parks. It is shocking, in fact. It is true that they do not spend the same money on maintenance of DLP. But on the whole, the experience is VERY "Disney." There are several unique rides to DLP (Indiana Jones, Alice's Labyrinth, Nemo's submarine come to mind). Even the rides that have the same names have a different twist or different elements or completely different theme (Haunted Mansion, for instance, is Phantom Manor, is set in the American West, and has a completely different story line.) It is much more popular now than it was in 1998. In Summer, the parks in Paris will be very busy. Just use the same Disney rules that all Intercotters know - Arrive as early as you can - be the first ones thru the gate. When it gets busy in the afternoons, leave and visit the resorts (there are some great ones there) or their version of Downtown Disney. Or get a park-hopper and go to their version of the Studios (several really great attractions - including "Lights, Motors, ACTION"). Get your meals early to beat the rush - make reservations for your evening meal (The Blue Bayou is fabulous). There are even places like INtercot for DLP visitors - just keep looking on the web - you will find them.

dlpmikki
06-12-2007, 06:41 AM
I'll agree with a lot that has been said. You really need more than one day to do the Magic Kingdom but not nearly as much for the Studios. The parks are walking distance from each other so easy to swap between if you have a hopper ticket. The Magic Kingdom is pretty big (probably bigger than the Florida version) and extremely pretty. You also must not miss the dragon that lives under the castle!

All of the hotels are in walking distance, albeit some of them about a 15 minute walk. They are fun to look round.

I hate how guests rush up to characters and push in front of you - very few organised lines here. The CMs also sometimes are a little unhelpful but some are great.

glassprincess
06-12-2007, 08:54 AM
I have been to Disneyland Paris and while it is 'disney' it does have a very different atmosphere.

The Europeans are disrespectful of the parks and hopefully you won't encounter the same rude people - I think it is a French thing!!

The other thing that I really noticed - and perhaps Disney could explain why they allow this to happen - but because the French are a 'smoking' nation - you can smoke anywhere - even in the queues, right up until you get on the ride. It was disgusting having to worry about being burned by other peoples' cigarettes in the queues and having smoke in your face all day!! :ack::ack::ack::ack:

PrincessCandaceMarie
06-12-2007, 10:10 AM
C'est bon! :mickey::thumbsup:

Dakota Rose
06-12-2007, 11:15 PM
So this thread made me reminiscent and I got out my photos from the trip. I'd forgotten how cool the Pirates area was. :pirate: And of course the castle is absolutely breath-taking. I evidently liked the theming and landscaping b/c a lot of my photos are of details on lamp-posts, etc. I also have some great shots of the crystal coach at Auberge de Cendrillon (she is my favorite after all) but my notes in my scrapbook say the restaurant was closed much to my dismay.

Hmmm...Seems like I ticked some people off. Not my intention by any means. :confused: Just relating my experience. I don't know why the park was empty that day 9 years ago, but I distinctly remember walking on to almost all the rides and waiting only 15 minutes for Indiana Jones, which was very cool, actually. I guess we were lucky. :blush:

Anyhow, thanks for the trip down memory lane. You're going to have a blast! :)

Renata
06-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Thanks for everything ! Good tips... :mickey:

LandFan
06-13-2007, 07:47 PM
The only thing I remember is eating lunch or dinner inside the Pirates of the Carribean Ride - It was a pretty good meal (mediterranean food) and it was soooo cool sitting inside the ride in a big cavernouse evening atmosphere (almost like the San Angel Inn inside Mexico) and watching the boats of guests go by!

MPLSguy
06-14-2007, 11:53 AM
I was just in DLP a few weeks ago. It took me 6 hours to do everything on the Studios and one day for everything in DLP. This was during a weekday for both, so expect more time on a weekend or holiday (which the French seem to have at least once a week!)

I can echo a previous comment - Be prepared for ALOT of disrespectfull people, and not just from France, but from all over Europe. They dont respect "person space", push and crowd you, cut in any Q line and smoke everywhere and dont care who is around them.

BigG007
06-17-2007, 03:53 PM
We went to DLParis in Dec and it was VERY nice. it was cold and we ended up wearing two layers of cloths.

You will need at least one day for each park, the pace of the park and people are very slow.

All the accommodations apart from Davy Crockett Ranch are all in walking distance to both entrances to the parks

Loads of Disney magic with a difference

Some of the Disney characters have different names like Chip n Dale are called Tick n Tack.

My advice if anyone goes to DLP is NOT to compare to WDW or you will remove all the Magic and all of the Tinkie dust

:mickey: :thumbsup: :mickey:

serstar87
06-17-2007, 09:06 PM
I wend to DLP in March. My friend and I went there for the day and got the student priced park hopper 1 day pass for 35 euros, which is EXTREMELY reasonable. I was so excited just to be there. My friend's uncle drove us to DLP from central Paris but you could also take the train right to the gate. When we went, there weren't too many people there. We RAN around the Magic Kingdom trying to do everything at least once and then went over to Disney Studios. I had been to DLP once before, in 1999 so this was new for me. There are literally maybe 3 attractions to see there. We were lucky enough to go on Rock n Roller Coaster 3 times in a row, aided by a special pass that one of the cast members handed us enabling us to cut the non-existant line. We also did the backlot tour. After that we high tailed it back to Magic for a few more go arounds on the rides and then went home. I think that 2 days should be perfect, it will give you a great opportunity to take a leisurely pace around the parks. Space Mountain is NOT TO BE MISSED, it is awesome, as is Thunder Mountain. If you have any other questions please ask! :thumbsup:

serstar87
06-17-2007, 09:08 PM
I can echo a previous comment - Be prepared for ALOT of disrespectfull people, and not just from France, but from all over Europe. They dont respect "person space", push and crowd you, cut in any Q line and smoke everywhere and dont care who is around them.

Ugh! I have never met such rude people as I did waiting in line for Thunder Mountain. This group of girls kept leaning on me, hitting me with their elbows/bags, etc. I could not believe it!

BigG007
06-18-2007, 07:27 AM
I definitely agree with that.

They do seem to lean over you in queues and they don’t care who is around when they are smoking.

However, as the park is not as busy as WDW and it has been designed to let people move away from attractions quickly you will find you get loads of space when going between rides

CleveSJM
06-18-2007, 04:27 PM
I was there in April and amazed by the "personal space" issue. They don't care at all, even in the queue's. If a queue widens at a themed area, they push by you to get in front of you. They swarm open areas and do not "keep in line." Same was true at the food counters. At McDonalds, they just swarm the counter and don't line up. You can be "in line" and they will just cut in front of you when the register opens up. Be ready for that... The smoking is terrible as well. Once the lawsuits start flying over there, I'm sure they'll crack down.

All in all, one day for each park seemed ok to me. Watch out for Space Mountain Mission Two. It'll smack your head around inside the shoulder harness. You'll come out feeling like you went a couple rounds with Mike Tyson. Still worth it though...

Renata
07-04-2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks everyone for your tips... it will help a lot... :mickey: :thumbsup: