PDA

View Full Version : Branson and Silver Dollar City

Twinsowner
06-10-2007, 10:57 PM
Any of you ever travel to branson, Missouri and Silver Dollar City? How is it and is it worth a trip? I am sure it isnt disneyworld but I was thinking it might be a good way to cure my itch about halfway in between my now yearly trips to WDW. It is much closer to our home and could be done in a few days vs. a week and a half. What do you Think?

Barefoot Eddie
06-12-2007, 12:18 PM
I actually live in Branson, and I think you'd find it a great place to spend your vacation time. Most people think we're all country music and lots of traffic, but Branson offers more than most anyone can imagine if you haven't been here before. Beautiful Ozark Mountains & lakes, golf, Silver Dollar City (voted by the theme park industry as the #1 park in the world in 1999), all kinds of shopping - check out the new Branson Landing, museums, lots of activities for the kids, and of course what we're best known for - our live entertainment. About 50 theaters featuring over 100 shows. Country, yes, but also pop, Broadway, 50s, 60s 70s, magic, rock n roll. My new favorite is the Dick Clark theater where Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers and Paul Revere & the Raiders (the original) are playing. For country check out the Presleys or Clay Cooper. Jim Stafford, Darren Romeo, SIX, all are great, but they're too numerous to mention. Hope you decide to come out way. You'll be sure to have a great time!

mickey-mouse35
06-27-2007, 07:21 PM
When we lived in Kansas City we drove down to Branson and enjoyed it. Nice for a one-time deal. We don't like country music and there were plenty of shows to see that were fun. Good shopping, too. Silver Dollar City was fun. Traffic can be bad, though.

Another fun option is Cedar Park in Sandusky, Ohio--we had lots of fun there and went to Cleveland one day to the RnR Hall of Fame.

andreallybadeggs
06-27-2007, 07:25 PM
Just returned from a quick trip to Branson which we do now and then. Others in my family go all the time! As the previous poster said-- plenty going on and it's a fun place even if you don't love country music. Scenery is lovely, I highly recommend it.

Dizneyfan
06-27-2007, 09:33 PM
My family just returned from Branson this month. They had a great time. They have a big waterpark, silver dollar city, and celebration city. I'm sure that you will have a wonderful time.:thumbsup:

missouridisney
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
We are about 4 hours and go every year or so, in fact going in Nov. which is our favorite time because of the awesome amount of Christmas light displays and the Christmas shows at all the theaters (last year we saw Manheim Steamrollers at the Grand Palace). But Silver Dollar City at Christmas is the best all the shows (which are included in your park admission) are Christmas, the Christmas lights, food, (wassill and hot chocolate) can't be beat for getting you in the Christmas spirit, and like the above poster, the Dick Clark Theater (Paul Revere and the Raiders-Bill Medley) was great.

wire0monkey
07-10-2007, 12:40 PM
It's good for a long weekend.

Silver Dollar City, White Water, and Celebration City offer an "all park" pass that's a deal. Silver Dollar City is worth a day and the water park is worth a day, at least. Celebration City is a half day (evening).

I would add a show at "Shepherd of the Hills" to the trip. It's a classic that hits the Ozark "theming" beautifully.

One of the older country shows, like the Bald Knobbers, is fun without breaking the bank.

You can rent jet skis and boats for the lake if you like that sort of thing. You can also dive, if you would like to dive in a murky Missouri lake.