PDA

View Full Version : late checkouts?

locodemickey
06-10-2007, 10:48 PM
Does DVC do late checkouts?

ttccluvsdis
06-11-2007, 06:51 AM
I was advised on my last trip, that No, DVC members do not receive late checkouts.
The CM at the front desk advised it was in the DVC paperwork.
Traci

Maleficent's Dad
06-11-2007, 03:47 PM
They are actually pretty strict about no late checkouts. And we've asked several times! Always been told, "No."

In fact, many times as we're leaving at 10:50, housekeeping is waiting for us to vacate the room!

Sharon1026
06-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Frank is right. No late checkouts.

As a matter of fact, they even put a note in the last dvc newsletter about not checking out late, as it was becoming an issue.

lockedoutlogic
06-11-2007, 10:40 PM
It is a very good thing that they do not do late checkouts.....

If they started too...it would be like rolling a snowball down the side of Everest (The real one).....what a catastrophic pain in the neck that would become.

Just look at the demographic information on where the DVC ownership comes from.....about 50% of it comes from a 5 state block.....and I can assure you that you can't give those people an inch on anything.

I should know...I was born, raised, and now live smack dab in the middle of that block of states....trust me on this one.

vizsla
06-12-2007, 05:22 AM
We have asked several times since we always have an evening flight back home and have always been denied.

florida girl
06-12-2007, 09:51 AM
When we were there in May, we didn't actually leave the room until 12:30. I completely forgot about the 11 am checkout time and my daughter was napping so we just stuck around until we needed to leave for the airport. No one came to the door or anything and I wasn't even thinking of it being late really until after we left. Oh well:) Now it will be on my mind when we leave next time.

TiggerRPh
06-14-2007, 12:41 AM
I have been told that the main reason they do not allow late check outs is that cleaning of the rooms takes so much longer than that of a standard hotel room and if they allowed it, it would impinge getting rooms available by 3 PM for "Official Check In" for incoming guests.

dvc_john
06-15-2007, 02:47 PM
I have been told that the main reason they do not allow late check outs is that cleaning of the rooms takes so much longer than that of a standard hotel room and if they allowed it, it would impinge getting rooms available by 3 PM for "Official Check In" for incoming guests.

Actually, official check-in time is 4pm.

Also, 11am check-out is already the most generous check-out time in the timeshare industry. I've stayed at over 60 timeshares, and except for DVC, all of them had a 10am check-out time. And none of them allowed late check-out.

Boston5602
06-15-2007, 04:39 PM
They are actually pretty strict about no late checkouts. And we've asked several times! Always been told, "No."

In fact, many times as we're leaving at 10:50, housekeeping is waiting for us to vacate the room!

WOW housekeeping waited .....usually a housekeeper is knocking at my door by 8 am on checkout day , one of the few things I do not care for at BWV !!!

Maleficent's Dad
06-15-2007, 09:18 PM
usually a housekeeper is knocking at my door by 8 am on checkout day , one of the few things I do not care for at BWV !!!
:scratch: Very unusual since checkout is officially 11 A.M.