PDA

View Full Version : Distance to the parks

pluto 77
06-10-2007, 10:46 PM
Exactly how far is the Disneyland Hotel from the parks? It is very hard to tell from the maps. I am just curious because we were really torn between the DL hotel and the Grand Californian.
We were also wondering about the view from the perferred view rooms at the DL hotel

NotaGeek
06-10-2007, 10:51 PM
about a 10 minute stroll through Downtown Disney, or 5 minutes to the Monorail Station, which whisks you right into Tomorrowland. I have stayed in all 3 towers at DLH and I can't say any were better. Neither Disneyland or DCA are close, so it's not like Grand Californian which is inside DCA so views would be great ... but I haven't stayed at DCA, I love the original DLH! I wouldn't pay extra unless it was a concierge level room.

BrerGnat
06-10-2007, 11:03 PM
From the main entrance of the DLH (between the Sierra and Marina Towers, at the Sorcerer Mickey Hat, it is:

0.10 miles to the monorail station

0.50 miles to the entrance gate at either DL or DCA.

As noted, it's approx a 10 min walk at a comfortable pace.

From the DCA entrance into Downtown Disney, it is 0.25 miles to the front gate of Disneyland.

mjm12000
06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Both the Grand Californian and the DL Hotel are a good 5 to 10 minute walk to the Gates of Disneyland Park. At the Grand there is your own entrance to California Adventure, so you can get there in minutes and then cut through to Disneyland, however that only works when California Adventure is open. I stayed at the Grand in a Resort view room, the room was incredible as was the service and the view of the park literally made me cry when I first arrived, it was spectacular, I was looking over the Paradise Pier section of the park as well as the Pool of the hotel.

The walk from either hotel is tons of fun as you go through Downtown Disney so there is lots to see and great places to shop and eat.

However I have also stayed at some of the Goodneighboor hotels on Harbour and they are nice as well and actually a closer walk, if you are at the Tropicanna, Carousel or Camelot. The Camelot is my favorite and if you luck out and get a room on the third floor facing the park you can see right into Disneyland and watch the fireworks from your room.

The Great thing about Disneyland Resort is that it is very compact so you never end up walking more than 15 minutes to anywhere with in the resort and a good number of the good neighbour hotels.