PDA

View Full Version : Will Baby Swap be available for Fining Nemo Subs?

BrerGnat
06-10-2007, 05:44 PM
Since there isn't a height restriction for this ride, I'm wondering about this.

I am not sure how my youngest (14 months) will handle it. He is sort of leery of dark rides and I'd hate for him to lose it on this ride, since there's no way out.

Will they be offering baby swap so I can wait somewhere in the shade with the baby while my sister and my older son ride so I can go when they are done? We are going to try to go next Sunday, early in the morning, around opening, so we hope there won't be a long line.

If anyone knows, thanks in advance for an answer!

Mufasa
06-11-2007, 07:49 PM
Natalie,

As an option, you may consider asking a CM about experiencing the attraction via the Marine Observation Outpost- that's the separate viewing room that's been set up for guests in wheelchairs or scooters who cannot transfer, as well as being an option for those who might be claustrophobic and worried about the experience in the submarines (you can leave the room at any point during the show if it gets to be too much for the little one). At least that way it would let you and your child both experience the submarine voyage without worrying if you had to leave for some reason.

It's a fairly small viewing room- it has space for up to 2 wheelchairs at a time and a pair of benches inside where the show is presented on a 61 inch plasma screen in the front of the room that offers a view of the attraction through a simulated porthole (the entire attraction was actually filmed with a special Panavision high definition camera from within a submarine but there are no other in-room special effects that should be startling to young guests).

BrerGnat
06-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Thank you so much for that response, Mufasa. I really appreciate knowing about this.

My other son (he's almost 3), is autistic. Perhaps I should just consider taking both boys into this alternate experience? Would I need to present a GAC for my autistic son in order to do this? I've never gotten a GAC before, since DL is old hat for us (my son has always been great about waiting in lines and about the rides in general), but if it's something that is required to gain access to this "alternate experience", I will get it.

Thanks again!