PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving cruise-- 3 ???'s

andreallybadeggs
06-10-2007, 05:35 PM
We'd like to surprise our daughter, who will be
attending school in Orlando next semester, with a cruise over the Thanksgiving holiday. We are considering a 4 day as no 3 days are
showing availability. Two questions:
1) Weds. Nov. 21 shows as a departure date but when I checked on the itinerary
for 4 day cruises it only indicates a Sunday departure. Assume Weds. departure would follow the same itinerary?
2) The departure time is 4:00 pm. What time will we have to be at Port Canaveral? We will probably drive/park ourselves.
3) My husband gets seasick fairly easily so any tips for warding that off would be much appreciated.:sick:

TammiMcMan
06-10-2007, 09:18 PM
1) Weds. Nov. 21 shows as a departure date but when I checked on the itinerary for 4 day cruises it only indicates a Sunday departure. Assume Weds. departure would follow the same itinerary?It probably will. We had a similar 4 night cruise that was not the typical schedule due to a holiday. The first stop was Nassau, followed by Castaway Cay and then a day at sea before returning home.

2) The departure time is 4:00 pm. What time will we have to be at Port Canaveral? We will probably drive/park ourselves.Everyone has a different philosphy on what time to arrive. Personally, we like getting there around 10:30am and checking in. I love standing out on the balcony and watching them load the ship. They usually start boarding around noon time. You can get in line to make any last minute reservations or go to lunch. Staterooms are ready around 1:30.

3) My husband gets seasick fairly easily so any tips for warding that off would be much appreciated.:sick:One word, Bonine and start taking it before the ship gets moving. Don't wait until he starts feeling seasick, because it does take a while for the full effect. I like Bonine because it doesn't make you drowsy.

ElenitaB
06-11-2007, 02:21 PM
Tammi hit the nail right on the head (as usual). I would add that we did a 3 night cruise last year right before Thanksgiving, and that the 3 nights was just not enough time!

Enjoy your cruise! I'm sure your daughter is going to be so happy!

andreallybadeggs
06-18-2007, 06:27 AM
Thanks for your help! :mickey: