PDA

View Full Version : WDW computer cd?

Deesdisney
06-10-2007, 12:30 PM
A few years back I bought a cd for my computer. It had the WDW parks and resort hotels. You can go to the parks and see all the rides and extra stuff. It even had video of the rides. I love this disc. Does anyone know if there is going to be another one? My family (mostly me) loves it. I take it out when I miss the magic.

JPL
06-10-2007, 12:48 PM
They haven't made one in quite some time and the olde reditions don't even run on windows XP. I think the free vacation planning DVDs took over for the CD-rom you could buy. :thumbsup: I wouldn't say it will never happen but I don't think you can expect one anytime soon

caryrae
06-12-2007, 07:16 PM
I think it was called Walt Disney World Explorer. There was 2 version one without AK and later one version with AK added. I think it's been like 10 or 11 years since they last one was made.

JPL
06-12-2007, 09:58 PM
I think it's been like 10 or 11 years since they last one was made.

That's correct it was right around the 25th Anniversary and it contained a preview of AK. It came out in early 1997 :mickey:

DizNee143
06-13-2007, 03:28 PM
OMG...my parents are moving and they are cleaning out alot of stuff..and we just found this cd...but thats sad to know i know i cant put it on my new computer if it wont load with xp!!..hmm although i do have an ancient laptop i could put it on!!!
i was thinking the same thing..if they would ever come out with another one!! i thought it was so cool..and it was lots of fun!!! :mickey:

caryrae
06-13-2007, 03:47 PM
OMG...my parents are moving and they are cleaning out alot of stuff..and we just found this cd...but thats sad to know i know i cant put it on my new computer if it wont load with xp!!..hmm although i do have an ancient laptop i could put it on!!!
i was thinking the same thing..if they would ever come out with another one!! i thought it was so cool..and it was lots of fun!!! :mickey:
It wouldn't hurt to try putting it on your new computer. I use the new windows vista and all the older software I have works fine on it. I don't have the WDW Explore cd so I don't know if it would work on Windows Vista.

DizNee143
06-14-2007, 10:45 AM
It wouldn't hurt to try putting it on your new computer. I use the new windows vista and all the older software I have works fine on it. I don't have the WDW Explore cd so I don't know if it would work on Windows Vista.
good point! ill give it a shot whenever i get a chance!!
ill let ya know how it goes!! :mickey:

caryrae
06-14-2007, 09:12 PM
I just got am e-mail back from a company that still sells this software and they said they know for a fact that it works with Windows XP but not sure if it works with Windows Vista.

WED1901
06-15-2007, 11:25 AM
I just bought a laptop with vista last week and I have that program also. I have been meaning to load it but have not had a chance to yet. I will load it tonight and see what happens. So far I have not had any problems with Vista yet. I'm still in the start up mode and have not really tried much yet. I did burn and rip a cd last night with no problems.

WED1901
06-18-2007, 11:19 AM
Loaded and ran with no problems on Vista Premium. :mickey: