PDA

View Full Version : first timer/birthday button?

septembergirl
06-10-2007, 01:09 AM
Has anyone ever gotten a "First Timer" button at the parks and what kind of perks have you (or your kids) gotten from having one?

Tuke
06-10-2007, 08:07 AM
we've not experienced any real perks, but when we've worn birthday pins (or travelled with first-timers) we have been acknowledged with congratulations and smiles by the CM's. Almost every attraction operator will wish the birthday person a happy birthday. We experienced similar smiles and greetings while wearing our "Keys to the Kingdom" pins.

Enjoy!

crazypoohbear
06-10-2007, 09:25 AM
I didn't know they had first timer buttons?
We have used the birthday buttons as well and with that we get lots of greetings from guests as well as cast members.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-10-2007, 05:18 PM
None of the buttons guarantee that you get anything except of course birthday wishes etc.
When I had my button on, I only got birthday wishes and that was fine.
Others have said they got free desserts or gone to the front of the line, but again, that's a bonus not a benefit.
We'll be traveling with a (not born yet) 2 month old child so we'll have to make sure to get the first time button for "New Baby".

LudwigVonDrake
06-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I know someone who just went and wore their first timer button. They received NO perks at all.

LibertyTreeGal
06-10-2007, 05:26 PM
My kiddos wore birthday buttons at DL in March and they were astounded that everyone knew their names, they though they were celebrities or something. Once they caught on that it was the buttons, they made sure they were always visible :mickey:

DNS
06-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Where do you get these?

Soul_Power
06-11-2007, 09:44 PM
My boyfriend and I just came back last Wednesday from our first trip. We got out "1st Visit" buttons at City Hall in Magic Kingdom and although we didn't receive anything extravagant (nor did we expect to), a good number of cast members greeted us, "HAPPY 1ST VISIT!!" and that made us feel really special! On certain occasions, some of the cast members would strike up conversation with us, "Oh, it's your first visit? Where are you from? etc. etc." It was nice to be recognized like that!

Dreamer7080
06-11-2007, 10:48 PM
When I was there with my bf a few weeks ago I got a birthday button to wear around (for my 21st! :marg: ) . We went to lunch in Mexico and went to get in line for the boat ride (about a 30ish min wait!) when the cast member at the front of the line said "Happy Birthday!" and called us over to her. She told us "Congratulations! This is your Magical Moment!" :magic: and filled out a little certificate that said we were VIP guests and told us to go through the handicap entrance to the front of the line. The cast member in the front held the line and my boyfriend and I got our own boat! The people who were next in line asked why we got to go and he said "They're VIPs!" It made us feel so important... haha! It was so fun and made the trip perfect! :mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
06-12-2007, 03:38 PM
Where do you get these?

We got our DD a first-time button at resort check-in, a birthday one at Boma, and a birthday one at guest services in AK.

The birthday ones were the same basic birthday design, but the 1st time one was cuter with Mickey and Friends on it.

Hayden's Dad
06-12-2007, 03:47 PM
We got my son a First time button, a birthday button from every park (even though they were all the same) We got the Epcot button that came with the passport, and we donated our $1.00 and got the Animal Kingdom button. We also were there for a Grand Gathering and had a button for that also. We had them pinned all over his stroller.

The good thing about the birthday buttons having there names on them is several of the characters saw his name and made out their autographs to Hayden. (Prince Hayden from the princesses:thumbsup:) Yea even a 16 months he's a lady killer.

We also bought before we went a personalized pin from the disney store website with his name on it, and we got a First Trip pin from one of the stores when we got there. (By the end of our trip he probably gained 5lbs from all the pins and buttons)

Have fun with them don't expect anything to happen and you will have more fun.

Sharon1026
06-13-2007, 10:12 AM
DH wore a birthday button. He got a free churro.

Most people don't get anything extra, other than extra attention!

:stitch2: