PDA

View Full Version : Disney Channel in Tune with Preschool Movers

Figment!
06-10-2007, 12:09 AM
Disney Channel in Tune with Preschool Movers

Reuters

June 7, 2007

LOS ANGELES - Disney Channel has given the series go-ahead to "Imagination Movers," a show for the preschool-targeted "Playhouse Disney" daily programming block that stars the New Orleans-based music group of the same name.

In addition, the group, whose music videos have been airing on Disney Channel since the fall, has signed with Walt Disney Records.

"Movers," which will include music performances, stories and skits, is intended to emphasize creative problem-solving skills and introduce "high-energy" rock music to kids. It will feature the band members as "everyday guy" brainstormers working hard to solve "idea emergencies."

The band, now on tour, comprises former journalist Rich Collins, former teacher Scott Durbin, architect Dave Poche and Scott "Smitty" Smith, a New Orleans firefighter who was a member of the Hurricane Katrina search-and-rescue team. Three of the band members lost their homes, production office, instruments and props to Katrina.

The series is targeted for a 2008 premiere.

In October, Walt Disney Records will release a "definitive introduction" to the Movers with a collection of songs titled "Juicebox Heroes," selected from the group's three albums. A new studio album, scheduled for next year, will feature original songs from the series.

Chrisx2
06-10-2007, 03:30 PM
"Juicebox Heroes". OK, that's pretty funny.

We were able to see them at WDW last fall. They were great performers and spent time with all the kids afterwards. :thumbsup:

baby minnie's mommy
06-10-2007, 04:44 PM
I knew it!!! I've been telling both DH and my mom that the IM would probably wind up with a full-length show. At first I was mediocre about their music, but now that they've introduced more songs I really like them. I'm glad to know they're getting a show - I think they have what it takes. :thumbsup:

Suz36
06-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Are any other Playhouse Disney CDs due out anytime soon? We'd love to see a Johnny and the Sprites CD, or just an update Playhouse Disney mix from all the current shows.